GreaseSpot Cafe

So many newbies, so many still blinded by vp...

tonto

Dot,

Thank you so much for your words and kindness. It means so much to me and I'm sure many others.

Oldies,

This thread isn't about you. You're "Oldies". My thread was addressed to some "Newbies". I realize you can post wherever you want, but I just wanted to make sure you understand that this isn't about you.

My statement

Is God's deliverance in our lives any less real if we happened to receive it while in a cult? Absolutely not.
wasn't about who gets the glory. It was my attempt to reach out to those who are struggling to make sense of how good and bad came from the same group/person/church/whatever.

You cherish your days in twi. Good for you. Really. It's obvious you believe your purpose here at the cafe is to give VPW/PFAL what you believe is his/its' due. I get that.

Now I have a favor to ask. Would you please be nice and find some Bob Dylan on the jukebox and play a few for me? Since you changed your avatar, I'm jonesin' for Bob. :)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what does the Word say if some choose to be ignorant?

It says "let them be ignorant".

Doesn't say to condemn and whine about them continually.

Oldies I wouldn't say tonto is guilty of that. As far as I know this is the only thread that tonto has used to rant about newbies and even then she's not doing it continually.

Now if someone (not tonto) was gnawing on pawtucket's ear about the newbies (in a transparent attempt to get them banned) I would say that person has a problem but, no I don't see where tonto has done anything other than voice her opinion out of frustration.

Now if someone (not tonto) was gnawing on pawtucket's ear about the newbies (in a transparent attempt to get them banned) I would say that person has a problem but, no I don't see where tonto has done anything other than voice her opinion out of frustration.

Thank you Larry. Nope, no ear-gnawing from me about banning to Paw or the mods. The only ear gnawing I do is on my hubs. :)

When I left TWI, my thinking was I was leaving the organization, but I wasn't leaving God. In my mind that meant I was sticking with what I had learned in PFAL, etc. etc. It took me some time to get to the place where I would even consider other POV regarding various verses in the Bible, etc.

There was one person who used to tell me over and over again I was "Way Brained" I found it insulting and offensive and in no way did it encourage me to be more open to hearing what others were saying. I think being called a "twit-head" would have the same effect.

I also think, if someone wants to hold on to what they learned in PFAL, why would anyone really feel the need to "correct" them?

So many people here now have different "religious views." We have numerous denominations of Christianity, Athiests, Agnositics, Jews, pagans, etc. etc. And most of us are respectful of those of different faiths. Why can we not be respectful towards those who still adhere to PFAL?

Adhering to the teachings of PFAL isn't akin to committing the things VPW and LCM did. Many of us at one time believed those teachings and never did what VPW and LCM did.

If there is "error" in PFAL, one might have more success in persuading someone of it, if they communicated respectfully.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Thank You Abi,

I was hoping for a mediator POV!

Great, because I am NOT afraid of you.

You are on ignore for the following reasons:

You insulted John Juedes about having something like time to POST here at GS, you have posted around 1100 posts since May, shame on you.

Or told Rascal if she passed the basket you'd spit in it, etc.

Or yelled at Sunesis in your huge letters

You were so mean to Cman, I could not imagine why he would respond to you

The list is endless.

These are people we have known for years. And although we (the people who have been here for years) may not agree on VPW, for a newbie to arrive here spewing insults and flaming arrogance, it is bothersone to have you insult these people. We do not always AGREE with them, but they have been part of the community for years, most of us do not take it lightly when someone shows up throwing lightening bolts at any of us.

It is NOT what you are saying it is HOW you have been saying it. You burst on the scene like a "hitman" or something. What do you expect? Bunches of people to embrace you? Even CARE what you have to say -- given your methods?

I believe you are the first person I have put on ignore in 8 years

So, YOU ARE ON IGNORE. I suggest everyone, bothered by you, do the same.

Oldies-

This is not about you, we have disagreed. But this is NOt about you

Again, people can think what they want.

It is not about the opinions it is about the RECENT malicious delivery of those opinions.

Great, because I am NOT afraid of you.

You are on ignore for the following reasons:

You insulted John Juedes about having something like time to POST here at GS, you have posted around 1100 posts since May, shame on you.

Or told Rascal if she passed the basket you'd spit in it, etc.

Or yelled at Sunesis in your huge letters

You were so mean to Cman, I could not imagine why he would respond to you

The list is endless.

These are people we have known for years. And although we (the people who have been here for years) may not agree on VPW, for a newbie to arrive here spewing insults and flaming arrogance, it is bothersone to have you insult these people. We do not always AGREE with them, but they have been part of the community for years, most of us do not take it lightly when someone shows up throwing lightening bolts at any of us.

It is NOT what you are saying it is HOW you have been saying it. You burst on the scene like a "hitman" or something. What do you expect? Bunches of people to embrace you? Even CARE what you have to say -- given your methods?

I believe you are the first person I have put on ignore in 8 years

So, YOU ARE ON IGNORE. I suggest everyone, bothered by you, do the same.

Oldies-

This is not about you, we have disagreed. But this is NOt about you

Again, people can think what they want.

It is not about the opinions it is about the RECENT malicious delivery of those opinions.

i'll just add that in my 5+ years of reading and contributing here

ive never seen someone "contribute" the way Mr Moore has

...in quality or quantity

the way he consistantly addresses and provokes posters directly is pretty much poison to any authentic dialogue

and i will say openly that there is a good reason for banning posters from a message board community

and it has little to nothing to do with cult-like behaviour

its more like the equiv of someone coming into Cheers and pi$$ing on the bar while laughing about it, feigning ignorance

Edited by sirguessalot

i'll just add that in my 5+ years of reading and contributing here

ive never seen someone "contribute" the way Mr Moore has

...in quality or quantity

the way he consistantly addresses and provokes posters directly is pretty much poison to any authentic dialogue

and i will say openly that there is a good reason for banning posters from a message board community

and it has little to nothing to do with cult-like behaviour

its more like the equiv of someone coming into Cheers and pi$$ing on the bar while laughing about it, feigning ignorance

Well said

One thing I like about this place.. people feign anonomymity.. but really, the masks are off..

:)

That's one thing no one can accuse me of. What you see is what you get. And if anyone wanted to waste time (and money) checking me out -- My given name is there for them. :) But what really amuses me are those people who register more than once under a pseudonym. It's the oldest trick in the book (on discussion boards). ;)

"Always answer a question with a question."

Seems like I've heard this technique before.

"Twist a person's words into some convoluted form in an effort to completely change the subject and divert it from its intended meaning and into something completely different."

Seems like I've heard that one before as well.

Now if I could only remember where it was I learned about those techniques-------------------

"Always answer a question with a question."

Seems like I've heard this technique before.

"Twist a person's words into some convoluted form in an effort to completely change the subject and divert it from its intended meaning and into something completely different."

Seems like I've heard that one before as well.

Now if I could only remember where it was I learned about those techniques-------------------

Waysider -- if I had the foggiest notion of what you're talking about I might be able to "twist" your words. Care to enlighten me? Don't be shy.

That's one thing no one can accuse me of. What you see is what you get. And if anyone wanted to waste time (and money) checking me out -- My given name is there for them. But what really amuses me are those people who register more than once under a pseudonym. It's the oldest trick in the book (on discussion boards).

oh come on

I have a few theories..

how many of "you" are there really..

most people can integrate the component parts without too much of a problem..

most of us are made of literally millions of component parts.. all of them alive..

may be the wrong board for this kind of thing..

:)

who knows...