GreaseSpot Cafe

We got two "major" pets

Ham

Yep. There are EIGHT, count them, eight new paws in the Ham household..

:biglaugh:

We picked up two kittens. One is solid black, the other is black with white paws, and a splash of white on it's chest.

Haven't named them yet.. I THINK one is male, the other female.

It may be a small freedom, but it's more than was extended to many staffers and corps in der vey.

Congratulations!!

I have several "fur-kids" myself. They drive me crazy sometimes but I'm sure I drive them crazy, too.

I think you were smart to get two kittens at once... they will keep each other entertained, and hopefully won't hate each other later (like some of my critters who arrived years apart and loathe each other)

THW

These were the last two of a litter. Probably were the smallest..

I think they were over six weeks old.. so we didn't take them from momma too early.

They DO keep each other entertained..

and they are rather active at night. When they run out of food, they come in and bite the end of my fingers in the middle of the night..

They bring new meaning to the word "energetic"..

I think they're stuck in some kind of cycle..

play, sleep, refuel. play, sleep, refuel..

they have run of the house, but we've trained them to leave the curtains alone.. a little stream of water from a squirt bottle does wonders..

They bring new meaning to the word "energetic"..

I think they're stuck in some kind of cycle..

play, sleep, refuel. play, sleep, refuel..

they have run of the house, but we've trained them to leave the curtains alone.. a little stream of water from a squirt bottle does wonders..

I'm so excited for you! We had a cat for nine years - had to give her up when we went in the Corps...From your description of their routine - I started thinking of the PAUSE and PLAY buttons on a Remote. But it would be more fitting if they were labeled PAWS and PLAY.

Congratulations! Pets are so wonderful to have; they keep you company and love you no matter what.

You could name them Pete and Re-peet!

Bonnie and Clyde (depending on gender determination).

Fuzzy and Wuzzy.

I once had friends who had two cats named Mac and Tosh (Macintosh, like the apple). This worked well until Tosh bit the dust. Then they just had Mac.

I'm more of a dog person, I guess, but I've been around a few cats I really liked. One was named Gusto and we got her from my boss, this back in Athens, Ohio. Her stepdaughter thought they should have a dog named Schlitz and a cat named Gusto. She went back to her mom's at the end of the summer and the cat went to me, but decided to be our housemates' cat instead. She was a sweet little kitty though. Very prolific, sadly.

WG

We picked up two kittens. One is solid black, the other is black with white paws, and a splash of white on it's chest.

It may be a small freedom, but it's more than was extended to many staffers and corps in der vey.

Just a suggestion here... but if the black and white one turns out to be male

"Tux" or "Spats" :biglaugh:

Other than that ...CONGRATS!

You can name the black and white one - with the white paws --- Socks!!! (the white paws look like socks)

(Yes socks, I said socks)

The black one "Cinders" if a girl or "Cinder" as a male....

As long as we are suggesting ....

Congrats on your NEW kids

Edited by Dot Matrix

Congrats on the new furry family members.

Could call them Ebony and Ivory. Or Kitty and Cat. Or Comfort and Joy. Or Zapato and Bootsie, or Boots and Zapata, depending upon which gender wears the "boots" between the two of them.

Know you will enjoy them, and they you. Have lots of fun with them!

Suda

Congrats on the new additions!!!!.....

I must confess....my house has 16 feline paws.... :biglaugh:

Much to the dicontent of my two German Shepherds!

Yep, and they come when they are hungry.. they love anything seafood flavored. Or Salmon.

Still haven't thought of a name..

I'm waiting to see if they'll name themselves..

One of my brother's cats.. named himself. They call him mew..