GreaseSpot Cafe

The Voice of Offence

What The Hey

Eyes....... I never denied what happened was not my fault.

What I have always had a problem with is that twi doctrine required wives to submit to abusive husbands.... the abortion of wanted children in order to remain in God`s will and under his umbrella of protection....the casting out into the streets of unruly children....etc

We were required to do some pretty awfull things in order to stay in the center of God`s will. I seriously doubt that he was standing by applauding ...saying well done....as we brokenly complied with theses insane orders.

Then you have these fruit loops that come along and claim that it never really happened...that you are a liar because they weren`t there....

THAT is what I have a huge problem with.

Edited by rascal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick a verse...prove a point. Tell me something I haven't heard.

Well Bumpy, all I can say is once again.... we aren`t here for your personal entertainment. We don`t perform like circus animals on cue.

You are pretty silly to deny the benefit and healing that the rest of us recieve from interaction in this place. I certainly have no intention of altering my posting style or content to suit you :)

Well Bumpy, all I can say is once again.... we aren`t here for your personal entertainment. We don`t perform like circus animals on cue.

You are pretty silly to deny the benefit and healing that the rest of us recieve from interaction in this place. I certainly have no intention of altering my posting style or content to suit you :)

Honey, first of all, it's BEST to just speak for YOURSELF, OK? My posting that you quoted had nothing to do with what people want to say.

If you get kicks out of debating your REALLY pitifully sad (TWI) life with people who aren't listening, be my guest. But like the guy at the party, it gets REALLY BORING!!

I realized long ago, your endless baaabbbling repetition will NEVER stop. It's not possible. You are obsessed with yourself & the conviction that YOU have some corner stone of healing that EVERYONE needs to hear...ALL the time!

THAT'S WHY MISERY LOVE COMPANY! (And why twi party people were so depressing). They didn't need a 2 drink limit, THEY needed a LIFE! :dance:

I suspect that WD doesn't hear/understand because then WD would have to make painful chang

Good guess but aaaaaaaaaa No prize! But you can have a few more chances..............

Here's a hint PSST It's because I don't like people making S**t up and ascribing words to people that did not say them.....

Bless your heart Bump, it is a shame that is how you see me and the folks here at this sight. Your perception is extremely limited, I guess.

Your lack of appreciation for our company and topic of conversation is absolutely understandable, but gee whiz...that in no way negates our necessity or value.

Just what do you bring to the table here besides YOUR constant carping and crititsizim of our conversations?

You know, there is this little button called *ignore* if you were to push that....you would never be subjected to my non stop endless babbelling repetition again :)

Edited by rascal

Here's a hint PSST It's because I don't like people making S**t up and ascribing words to people that did not say them.....

How do you know that?

Again, did you ever: go into the corps? go out WOW (away from your city)? move around to/live in different areas of the country for TWI?

(other than going to the ROA)

could you please just answer those questions? ...they don't seem very difficult to me.

Bless your heart Bump, it is a shame that is how you see me and the folks here at this sight. Your perception is extremely limited, I guess.

Your lack of appreciation for our company and topic of conversation is absolutely understandable, but gee whiz...that in no way negates our necessity or value.

Just what do you bring to the table here besides YOUR constant carping and crititsizim of our conversations?

You know, there is this little button called *ignore* if you were to push that....you would never be subjected to my non stop endless babbelling repetition again :)

Rascal, like I said, speak for yourself. I see the never ending POINT of the same never ending PAIN of the same never ending "conversation" as you call it.

But it's not a conversation. You are conversing with no one but yourself and people who agree with all your endless painful suffering! :asdf:

My "lack of appreciation..."? MY "constant...carping"...etc, etc.

Sorry my little rodent friend, your waybrain twi 5 year old argumentation belongs back in a syllabus of way days long, long ago. Your life still belongs to the cult. You just don't know it! :evildenk:

Rascal, like I said, speak for yourself. I see the never ending POINT of the same never ending PAIN of the same never ending "conversation" as you call it.

But it's not a conversation. You are conversing with no one but yourself and people who agree with all your endless painful suffering! :asdf:

Hey there Bump. I don't see it that way, but yer welcome to your opinion. :)

Bumpy, this is the About The Way forum. we can and will talk about our experiences in twi.

I'm really glad I didn't let you drag me into your backbiting PM's about people who've had rough times, just cuz you think they shouldn't talk about things you don't like. if it annoys you so much, don't read! like I told WD, I don't post for him and I don't post for you. I post for people who've been through similar experiences and haven't found GS yet.

I don't understand why you keep hanging around harrassing women who talk about their history if it includes having been abused, or why you're being so rude to rascal. you come across as a bully and a real jerk.

quote: I've met guys like that, and the real problem in their families was not the woman nagging but the man not participating in the relationship in any real sense. women usually nag because they're left on their own emotionally and the man is not a friend in any sense of the word.

I'm surprised I didn't pick up on this before. Women USUALLY nag?????? You're not just making a personal observation; you're speaking for women in general. To nag means to scold or find fault with continually. That constitutes abuse. It's being deliberately verbally/emotionally abusive for the purpose of coercing, harassing, or intimidating the man into giving in and doing it your way, whatever it is.

So it's OK for women to be abusive (for a good reason), but it's not OK for a man to be physically abusive (for a good reason). Nice double standard.

This isn't like playing golf, where it's understood that you can play off the ladies tee, which is closer to the green. This is life. This is a heart issue. You obviously think that being a woman entitles you to disdain and abuse men at your pleasure. You think you're better than we are, special, elite. We deserve to be abused by you just "because", right?

Well, if you can say, "women usually nag because..." then I can say, "men usually hit because....". It's no different. Any differences are merely discrimination against men; in the laws, in your mind, wherever. Thank you for admitting that you have a double standard and that you think women are deserving and men just aren't human enough to handle it, or whatever.

quote: I've met guys like that, and the real problem in their families was not the woman nagging but the man not participating in the relationship in any real sense. women usually nag because they're left on their own emotionally and the man is not a friend in any sense of the word.

I'm surprised I didn't pick up on this before. Women USUALLY nag?????? You're not just making a personal observation; you're speaking for women in general. To nag means to scold or find fault with continually.

Seems obvious to me that you and them are using different meanings for the word "nag."

When I was in high school, I wanted to make sure all my friends signed my yearbook.

So, I made a point of asking a few a few times-so I could catch them when they had time to write

something.

Is that "finding fault with them continually?"

Obviously not.

However, one commented IN the yearbook that I'd been a "nag" over getting them to sign it.

(At the end of a longer personal note, of course.)

Sounds like THAT person's usage of "nag" is closer to what OTHER people here were saying,

but NOT close to what you were saying.

Perhaps we need to agree on definitions of certain words, around which anyone's going to

wrangle- in this case, it's obvious "nag" is going to be one of those words.

That constitutes abuse. It's being deliberately verbally/emotionally abusive for the purpose of coercing, harassing, or intimidating the man into giving in and doing it your way, whatever it is.

So it's OK for women to be abusive (for a good reason), but it's not OK for a man to be physically abusive (for a good reason). Nice double standard.

You went from using a different meaning for the word they used,

to an interpretation BASED on that meaning ("that constitutes abuse"),

and thence to saying there's a double-standard.

That is, claiming they say verbal abuse is normal, and acceptable, but physical abuse is neither.

That was a leap far beyond what anyone was saying.

I'd say it's ok to ask a friend a few times to sign a yearbook, but it's not OK to respond

to that request by punching the requester in the face.

(One usage of "nag", followed by physical violence, the simplest usage of physical abuse.)

I think others would agree with me. Perhaps even you would.

This isn't like playing golf, where it's understood that you can play off the ladies tee, which is closer to the green. This is life. This is a heart issue. You obviously think that being a woman entitles you to disdain and abuse men at your pleasure. You think you're better than we are, special, elite. We deserve to be abused by you just "because", right?

This is still making assumptions based on your usage of a DIFFERENT definition of "nag"

than they were. They said nothing about being entitled to "disdain" or "abuse men"-

that all sprang from your interpretation and your definition.

"You think you're better than we are"- I can't even find where this came from-

was it supposed to be some sort of extrapolation from what you just said?

Well, if you can say, "women usually nag because..." then I can say, "men usually hit because....". It's no different. Any differences are merely discrimination against men; in the laws, in your mind, wherever. Thank you for admitting that you have a double standard and that you think women are deserving and men just aren't human enough to handle it, or whatever.

I think there's rather fewer usages of the word "hit" than there are of the word "nag".

One person "hitting" another could be flicking them behind an ear, or rapping their knuckles,

or a slap on the wrist, or a poke to the chest, or a slap in the face, or a punch or a kick.

All of those differ, mainly on degree and intent, but all are acts of violence, even the

lightest.

All meanings of "nag" involve communicating on a subject more than once.

And if asking someone more than once to sign a yearbook,

and verbally harassing and haranguing them, can be meant with the same word,

then it behooves us to use that word more precisely and more carefully,

and NOT jump to conclusions.

How about ASKING what was meant?

Bumpy, this is the About The Way forum. we can and will talk about our experiences in twi.

I'm really glad I didn't let you drag me into your backbiting PM's about people who've had rough times, just cuz you think they shouldn't talk about things you don't like. if it annoys you so much, don't read! like I told WD, I don't post for him and I don't post for you. I post for people who've been through similar experiences and haven't found GS yet.

I don't understand why you keep hanging around harrassing women who talk about their history if it includes having been abused, or why you're being so rude to rascal. you come across as a bully and a real jerk.

Potato, Patato, what art thou prophesying about...backbiting PM's?? Please, grow up and be a big potato if you have to be one at all.

I am not 'hanging around harassing women'...

I just get tired after miles and miles of the SAME cry baby twi trials, coming from the same middle aged females who no longer have any happy smiles!! :)

Maybe if you took all that tragic, painful life you had and went to work in a hospital, who knows, you and the rodent might make a positive difference?

...If you could just stop talking about yourselves! :asdf:

I'm surprised I didn't pick up on this before. Women USUALLY nag?????? You're not just making a personal observation; you're speaking for women in general.

the poster isn't saying that all women nag, but that woemen who do nag do it for the stated reason in the psoters opinion.
To nag means to scold or find fault with continually. That constitutes abuse. It's being deliberately verbally/emotionally abusive for the purpose of coercing, harassing, or intimidating the man into giving in and doing it your way, whatever it is.
Nagging could constitute verbal abuse, but not necessarily, not even usually. It could and most often does refer to repeatedly bringing up the same subject. On more than one occassion my wife "nagged" me to see a doctor about certain symptoms that I was having. In each case she turned out to be right and I didn't see it until I finally gave in and went.
You're assigning a definition to "nagging" that few, if any of us accept; I'd like to see a show a hands of those who think that nagging to the point of verbal abuse is unequivocally okay...doubt that I'll see any hands...no one is saying that abuse perpetrated by women is okay; it is you, who have defined abuse in a certain way who have twisted others' words to make them say that.
Wrong.
Well, if you can say, "women usually nag because..." then I can say, "men usually hit because....". It's no different. Any differences are merely discrimination against men; in the laws, in your mind, wherever.
The poster was giving a reason why women who nag, nag. That doesn't mean that it's right, but there's always a reason. And you can say "men usually hit because..." because there are reasons why. That doesn't make any of those reasons right or excusable.
Thank you for admitting that you have a double standard and that you think women are deserving and men just aren't human enough to handle it, or whatever.
No one admitted that.

What I see when I see or hear about someone (man or woman) whose response to words is to hit someone, I see someone who doesn't have enough brain cells to register on a postal scale, who lacks the simple language skills to sucessfully parry a verbal "attack", that they physically attack those who are weaker than them. These brave souls usually don't have the guts to go around "clocking" those who are bigger and stronger, only the smaller and more physically helpless. (Kind of like how the PETA folks throw paint on the fur-wearing little old ladies but somehow shy away from the leather clad Hell's Angels <_< )

Yeah, there's always a "reason" to do something stupid.

How do you know that?

Again, did you ever: go into the corps? go out WOW (away from your city)? move around to/live in different areas of the country for TWI?

(other than going to the ROA)

could you please just answer those questions? ...they don't seem very difficult to me.

I'll get to it right after you find that link where I said This
Tell me WD, if none of this ever happened, if TWI and it's leaders were as blameless as you ALWAYS proclaim, if it was all the wonderland of your dreams... why aren't you still there?

I'll make it easier for you you can skip the always I'll let you off on that one . Just find one example where I used those words. Or you can join Rascal in the can't find a quote to back up my accusations corner.

Edited by WhiteDove

John, You couldn't possibly really mean this. A two year old knows that there is a difference between talking and hitting. Granted that both can be unpleasant but talking never leaves a physical mark on the body. And before anyone comes back and says that words can hurt...yes I know that...but that is not the context of John's post. The differences between words and physically striking another person have absolutely nothing to do with discrimination against men. Just about everyone can see the obvious differences. Perhaps you were just angry and misspoke?

Rascal, I did not mean to offend. Perhaps I misunderstood. It seems that you may take too much of the responsibility for that particular decision. Life is never just black and white. It is full of a miriad of colors.