GreaseSpot Cafe

Mrs. Wierwille said; "He Was A Very Mean Man"

J0nny Ling0

I have read here at this forum that Mrs. Wierwille, at VPWs funeral, said that "he was a very mean man". And so, I would just like to hear or rather read of some authentication concerning this statement allegedly made by Mrs. Wierwille.

I would not be surprised if she said it, but, is there anyone here who actually heard her say that? Is it on record anywhere? Or, is this statement just something that somebody heard from somebody who said that they heard Mrs. Wierwille say it?

And so, I welcome any info on this, and I want you to know that I am not skeptical about it, I just want to know where this came from, and is there anyone here who actually heard her say it. Thanks.

Jonny Lingo

I have read here at this forum that Mrs. Wierwille, at VPWs funeral, said that "he was a very mean man". And so, I would just like to hear or rather read of some authentication concerning this statement allegedly made by Mrs. Wierwille.

Jonny! Check out some of the Way Magazines just after he died. I'm sure you will find several "on the scene" believers attending the funeral who heard her say those EXACT words! You just have to do a little RESEARCH Jonny.

And don't expect anyone from CES to help you out here either! :biglaugh:

Well, I don't have Kahler's book, so looking there is out. But I will let this ride for a bit, because I have heard it said here a number of times that she said that at his funeral. And so, when I said; "I'll let it ride", I just mean that I will wait for more people here to see this thread and then make their comments. Surely, those who said that she said this will see this thread and then comment on it.

I do know that VPW was very mean at times. I saw his "bombasticism" (I know it's not a real word) in action on many an occasion, and it was just plain mean. But, since I have heard this here a number of times, I thought I would see if there was any real back up concerning this bit of history. But then again, maybe this statement is not part of history?

Sunesis is one of the people who heard him say it. I've been looking for the posts, Jonny, but the words don't have enough letters for the search to find it.

Here

edited to correct the source and to provide the link. :)

That's a good link Belle... thank you.

And Jonny, in case you know who Sunesis is... she IS registered at the other site, so, if you want to talk to her about it, you can try both places.

btw, I too was on the receiving end of a couple of Wierwille's tirades at Emporia, as I worked on A/V part of the year during corps nights and other such evening meetings.

He WAS mean. I know that FIRST hand.

Yeah, I saw him really lay some people low, and it was quite baffling. Yet, for some reason, he really liked me and treated me like gold. He invited me into his coach for coffee, had me take him fishing on the Gunnison, and told me that "I like your style". But, I was never a real "promising individual" as far as "upper leadership" was concerned. I was never more than an ordained BC, and yet he treated me like gold. And yet, I saw him outright scorch people whom he had a problem with at the moment. Weirded me out fore shore. But yeah, to keep this on topic, I was wondering about the origins of the statement that Mrs. W said that he was a "mean man" at his funeral. I'll wait and see if Sunesis sees this and responds. If not, I'll e-mail her. She's a close friend of mine, and no doubt will give me what she knows. A really smart gal that Sunesis...

Thanks guys!

Kevin

That's a good link Belle... thank you.

And Jonny, in case you know who Sunesis is... she IS registered at the other site, so, if you want to talk to her about it, you can try both places.

btw, I too was on the receiving end of a couple of Wierwille's tirades at Emporia, as I worked on A/V part of the year during corps nights and other such evening meetings.

He WAS mean. I know that FIRST hand.

My brother and his wife were at VP's funeral or whatever it was they did for him. They had always been friends with her. They went over to give their condolences. They said something like, I'm so sorry, and she looked at them and said, "he was a mean man." They were stunned and didn't quite know how to respond to that. It took both of them by surprise - this is not what you expect the grieiving spouse to say at a funeral/memorial.

Who knows, maybe now that he was gone she felt free.

Okay then Sunesis. Thanks. No doubt at that funeral/memorial, her head was spinning with many many different thoughts and reflections. Also, I must say that in the title to this thread, I added a word. Apparently she said "he was a mean man", not, "he was a very mean man". Okay, I have my answer. Good day!

P.S.

Sunesis, I bought my son a Jackson guitar. He likes to play the metal sound. But thank God he likes other stuff as well, including classical guitar. Also, I like the dang thing. It plays nicely...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Jonny! Check out some of the Way Magazines just after he died. I'm sure you will find several "on the scene" believers attending the funeral who heard her say those EXACT words! You just have to do a little RESEARCH Jonny.

And don't expect anyone from CES to help you out here either! :biglaugh:

Why would they publish something like that? Doesn't sound like very good PR... What was the motive?

I would have said the same thing at my ex's memorial if I'd been lucky enough for him to die, but I'm sure I'd have added "I'm glad he's gone" or something to that effect, so I can believe mrs. w was exercising a great deal of restraint to only say what she did.

that poor woman.

I would have said the same thing at my ex's memorial if I'd been lucky enough for him to die, but I'm sure I'd have added "I'm glad he's gone" or something to that effect...

OMG, Was He a Potato or a Tomato?? Or just a Sour Kraut! :biglaugh:

Good Thing (for him!) ALL Believing doesn't ALWAYS = Receiving...Even in Der Vey! :evildenk:

Yes, sounds like she was being polite.

Johnny, I have a couple of Jacksons - they're awesome - flat necked shred guitars for lead and metal players. Even the inexpensive ones have those great necks. Another great neck is the Ibanez "wizard" necks on the RG and S series.

My husband and I saw her in passing at the next ROA after her husband died. She had let her hair go silver. She was slimmer, in a healthy way, and looked about ten years younger and her expression was, well, peaceful and merry. My husband even remarked to me how well she looked. I remember thinking what "renewed mind" she must have to look that way so soon after his passing.

Probably "relieved" was more like it!

WG

My husband and I saw her in passing at the next ROA after her husband died. She had let her hair go silver. She was slimmer, in a healthy way, and looked about ten years younger and her expression was, well, peaceful and merry. My husband even remarked to me how well she looked. I remember thinking what "renewed mind" she must have to look that way so soon after his passing.

Probably "relieved" was more like it!

WG

Yes, it's amazing what ridding one's self of stress can do for one's health.

WG, now that you mention it, I remember thinking how very wonderful she looked in her later years... but it was too long after VPW's passing for me to put two-and-two together. It certainly makes sense! I certainly had a lot of folks tell me how much younger/better/happier I looked when I left twi, spouse, and most of the stress in my life in one swift stroke.

Edited by TheHighWay

I stayed at the Wierwille home several times for extended periods of time, when I would go stay with my grandma (who was one of Mrs. Wierwille's closest friends in the world). The funny thing is out of all that time I don't remember him being talked about much at all.

They did have a fireman pole that went from the landing to a bed bedroom that was REALLY fun to go down, so I didn't much give a crap.

Mrs. Wierwille and my Grandma should have went Thelma & Louise on him. My granddad was an abusive alcoholic. It would have been great.

I stayed at the Wierwille home several times for extended periods of time, when I would go stay with my grandma (who was one of Mrs. Wierwille's closest friends in the world). The funny thing is out of all that time I don't remember him being talked about much at all.

They did have a fireman pole that went from the landing to a bed bedroom that was REALLY fun to go down, so I didn't much give a crap.

Mrs. Wierwille and my Grandma should have went Thelma & Louise on him. My granddad was an abusive alcoholic. It would have been great.

Maybe- after all, it MIGHT have worked...