GreaseSpot Cafe

The Great Mystery

waysider

Well, we all know that Dr. Wierwille heard God tell him(VPW) that He(God) would teach him(VPW) The Word like it hadn't been known since the first century.

As a token of his sincerity, God then gave him signs of verification in the form of snow on gas pumps and blizzard-like weather and so on and so forth.

Now, people have come forth and verified that these events are not historically accurate.

No problem, must have been phenomena.

Furthermore, it has been shown that this so called "new" information was, in fact, not "new" at all, but material that was "borrowed" from the works of others.

Of course, others have said that, although the materials were borrowed, VPW assembled them in a manner in which they had not been assembled for two millennia.

Others have shown that portions of this "new/borrowed" material was, in fact, not academically accurate to begin with.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'll get to the point.

Why is it, do you suppose, that God told Wierwille to assemble materials that were Biblically inaccurate(such as the work on "4 crucified", which appears in the original PFAL class as well as the original PFAL book, along with "the cry of triumph"(from the original collaterals) as well as many other examples that have been examined here on GSC?

I mean, I can understand why God would tell VP to steal, since the 10 commandments don't apply to us today(based on what was taught in the original PFAL book and class); but why would He instruct Wierwille to utilize materials that were not accurate, in an effort to make people more knowledgeable than anyone had been for 2,000 years?

Doesn't that seem a bit ironic?

Yup.

It's a great mystery, alright.

Maybe even The Greatest Secret In The World Today!

Edited by waysider

Well, we all know that Dr. Wierwille heard God tell him(VPW) that He(God) would teach him(VPW) The Word like it hadn't been known since the first century.

As a token of his sincerity, God then gave him signs of verification in the form of snow on gas pumps and blizzard-like weather and so on and so forth.

Now, people have come forth and verified that these events are not historically accurate.

Furthermore, it has been shown that this so called "new" information was, in fact, not "new" at all, but material that was "borrowed" from the works of others.

Of course, other have said that, although the materials were borrowed, VPW assembled them in a manner that they had not been assembled for two millennium.

Others have shown that portions of this "new/borrowed" material was, in fact, not academically accurate to begin with.

Why is it, do you suppose, that God told Wierwille to assemble materials that were Biblically inaccurate(such as the work on "4 crucified", which appears in the original PFAL class as well as the original PFAL book, along with "the cry of triumph"(from the original collaterals) as well as many other examples that have been examined here on GSC?

I mean, I can understand why God would tell VP to steal, since the 10 commandments don't apply to us today(based on what was taught in the original PFAL book and class); but why would He instruct Wierwille to utilize materials that were not accurate, in an effort to make people more knowledgeable than anyone had been for 2,000 years?

Yup.

psychological hoax!

MONEY MONEY MONEY...IT just errrkks me that as we speak people are still being LIED to and decieved by this.

Thanks, David

That looks interesting.

I am going to peruse it when I have a bit more time.

In the meanwhile, please keep it a secret.

Wouldn't want folks to know, eh?

As much as I disagree with some of CES's methods/ teachings, etc.,

I feel they have this one right. Just my imo.

Babble On – the Great Mystery Religion…There were actually two vics…To the general TWI public he was known as the-man-of-god-for-this-day-and-time-and-hour, taught by God Himself! To Corps and Staff he was known as a drunkard, egomaniac, and sexual predator - who would do whatever he wanted to, claiming "unto the pure all things are pure." If ever he was challenged on anything he said or did – he would sidestep the issue by saying "the integrity of the Word is always at stake." The duo vic guys was a great mystery indeed…okay – mostly hypocritical – but somewhat mysterious too.

There's another great mystery – but I speak concerning a cult…not a church – a lot of mysterious things happen in cults, ya know…anyway…this is truly mysterious…what makes you think a class and ministry built on lies and hypocrisy - would enable you to separate truth from error?…behold, I show you another mystery – they shall not all remain in La La Land – for some will escape. The Geeks shall rise first and expose vic's folly to the world wide web…Then those who get on-line shall vamoose…Surely Charlton Heston will say "PFAL is made of plagiarism." And many will confess their gullibility and declare "PFAL is in you of a goof."

[mysteriously edited by a mysterious editor :ph34r: ]

Edited by T-Bone

Right now, I'm reading "No Wonder They Call Him The Savior" by Max Lucado. This presents quite a different view in Chapter 6.

WG

WG -- Interesting. How is it different?? Guess I'll have to read it to find out, eh?

I'll be looking for that book, and will read it to see what it says. Thanks for the heads up.

Is it comparable at all to J. Schoenheit's teaching on the Last Week Of Christ's Life?

Or have you heard that one?? Or were you referring to something else?

Regardless -- I'll check out your recomendation. :)

Edited by dmiller

• 3 weeks later...

Of course, others have said that, although the materials were borrowed, VPW assembled them in a manner in which they had not been assembled for two millennia.

Yup.

I'm bumping this one back up to see if there is any interest in discussing it.

The Great Mystery and greatest secret in the world today really is what is inside a woman's pocketbook/manpurse(Oh the horrors :biglaugh: ).

The Great Mystery and greatest secret in the world today really is what is inside a woman's pocketbook/manpurse(Oh the horrors :biglaugh: ).

…and if they're with TWI I can tell you what's NOT in there – money!

…and if I was in their shoes that would get me thinking about a couple of other great mysteries of life: "What happened to all the ships and airplanes that disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle? And what happened to the "increases prosperity" deal I heard about in PFAL…I mean I'm doing the principles, I'm abundantly sharing, I'm sponsoring people in the Corps, I'm paying for Sunday Night Teaching Tapes & The Way Mag, I'm paying for classes, classes, and more classes…What's the latitude and longitude of New Knoxville anyway? Is it anywhere close to the Bermuda Triangle?"

the ces "version" is bullinger's........vic's "version" is lamsa................bullinger's is better, imho.......................peace.

Exactly Right ...... And I missed all the cries of plagiarism for them not citing their sources apparently just as with VP some think they figured this out on their own.

Exactly Right ...... And I missed all the cries of plagiarism for them not citing their sources apparently just as with VP some think they figured this out on their own.

Maybe that's because this isn't a thread about CES.

Of course, someone could conceivably start such a thread in the CES sub-forum if they so desired.

Here is the original "tongue in cheek" question that was presented in the opening post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naw, couldn't be. Just too plain simple..

:biglaugh:

Why is it easier for some to believe the incredible..

Ya know, if gawd actually dictated plaf to him like some would have us think..

then aren't they making gawd out as a plagiarist?

The last time I read the bible, I noticed even God himself cited his sources..