GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Mothers Day

Shellon

Happy Mothers Day to you all. Those of you who raised your babies, are still raising them, those of you who raised someone else's babies, those of you who have four legged babies, and those of you dad's who are single daddy's.

Blessings to you and Happy Mothers Day!!

:eusa_clap:

My Thanks to Moms everywhere

You hold the world together and have the most underrated job imaginable

as a sidelight I just happened to see THIS ARTICLE a few minutes ago..

BOSTON - If a stay-at-home mom could be compensated in dollars rather than personal satisfaction and unconditional love, she'd rake in a nifty sum of nearly US$117,000 a year.

That's according to a pre-Mother's Day study released Thursday by Salary.com, a Waltham, Mass.-based firm that studies workplace compensation.

The eighth annual survey calculated a mom's market value by studying pay levels for 10 job titles with duties that a typical mom performs, ranging from housekeeper and day care centre teacher to van driver, psychologist and chief executive officer.

$117,OOO ?

for what most of you do, I really think that estimate is a little low...

--forget the breakfast in bed--demand checks this mothers day! :) :wink2:

Happy Mothers Day to y'all

Edited by mstar1

Yes, Happy Mothers' Day to all moms everywhere. Enjoy it! I am already... :D

And especially for those who can't drive over and see or pick up their cell and call up their moms -- You make a happy mothers day on a daily basis.

I think that the good efforts put forth in the work done here on earth adds onto their heavenly crowns.

I think that same smile of thankful kindness and enjoyment that mom would have when watching one of her kids race in a swimming meet, chop word or work on homework of different sorts would play on her face today watching what we do today.

(I'm not at all sure about when she will see, but I know that she will at one time soon, very soon.)

And Happy Mother's Day for all the work you have done for others and family and for God

Edited by Kit Sober

This is to all the courageous women who have opened their hearts and lives so all could bear witness to the atrocities that has affected so many others.

As I was reading today about Deborah in the book of Judges and how she had such a strong fiery spirit some of your GSC posts came to mind.

Found this on Wikipedia,

Little is known about Deborah's personal life. She was apparently married to a man named Lappidoth (meaning "torches"), but this name is not extant outside of the Book of Judges and might simply mean that Deborah herself was a "fiery" spirit. She was a poet and she rendered her judgments beneath a palm tree between Ramah and Bethel in the land of Benjamin. Some people refer to her as the mother of Israel. After her victory over Sisera and the Canaanite army, there was peace in the land for forty years.

Happy Mothers Day!

i have been a single mom since 1994...

my 3 boys are all teenagers now, but allow me to brag on them for a little bit...

yesterday, they came home with a chicken dinner (complete with all the fixins) and one of those giant (pizza-size) chocolate chip cookies that had "#1 mom" written across it in icing... they brought me a dozen long stem roses, with some wine coolers, and music (a homemade CD of "mama" songs of the bluesy-rap variety)... the card they gave me said that i was "the glue" that held the family together... and then they gave me a top of the line, state of the art, digital still camera (that also takes movies, i think)... it's called a sony cyber-shot... :~)

i love my kids!

hugs to all,

jen-o