GreaseSpot Cafe

betrayal

excathedra

Yes I long ago recognized that the workplace is kinda a war zone.

The politics and backbiting are common, its best not to trust too many "friends" at work, but rather put more trust in relatives, and friends outside of work who you know well.

Dont worry bout it, we all (at Greasespot) feel for ya, and I'll bet we're better friends than they are! :cryhug_1_:

Excathedra,

From my perspective... Because you are a caring person you have the ability to listen to others and feel what they are feeling which enables you to help them in ways that no one else can.

But the other side of that is, it also makes you vulnerable to be hurt especially by those you have confided in.

I have had and to some extent still deal with some of the same issues. There have been times when it almost crushed me.

If you were hard hearted and cold as a stone no one could hurt you but then again you would not be the friend that people could confide in either.

I am also in my 50's and still get hurt by some people who are inconsiderate etc but I would rather be sensitive to others needs even if it means I have to learn how to deal with such things as betrayel.

I am glad you are that way and even though there are people who do not appreciate you and will take advantage of your kindness please don't change. It also sounds to me that your couple of friends at work need someone like you around more than ever.

Ya know, here's some twisted irony for you.

During my involvement with The Way, I think I got to be TOO trusting of people.

I think it has made it difficult for me to understand or even recognize some of the underhanded politics that go on in the office place.

It sounds crazy, i know, but I think I became sort of naive about how how people are always "looking out for #1".

Is it one of those kind of deals, excie?

I hear that girlfriend!

I worked at Borders Books and Music for around five years in Inventory Processing,they kept cutting our hours for economic reasons and we the Inventory Processing Team ending up picking up all the slack of the allready slackers their(there is always slackers in work)

I worked m-f 6-3 making around 10 bucks an hr(this is just stock clerk work ,unloading trucks,putting books,

music away fun job and the team we busted our butt especially at christmas time we even worked over nights.

I have a grandson I watch who is autistic and my daughter is a single parent who lives with me,I watched the boy

when she works. I told my job and they worked with me and we're very supportive UNTIL we got a new mgr.

who was just mean and didn't care about his employees.

Didn't care if they had enough hours or if they could not work they hours they gave,lots of people left Borders

and it was not fun anymore like it once was,and because of such greed to make plan.

I quit.(Last week I heard the mean mgr got fired(what goes around comes around yep...that bites OUCH)

Lawdy hassa muhcey, honey, in the business world women are the first to betray?!?! Been in the business world long enough to know that women are the most cut throat. And before a female gets a hitch in her giddy-up let me clarify by saying that does not mean all women. There are some exceptions to the rule. But they are few and far between. Just speaking here from experience.

Why women don't stick together in the business world to help each other out is a mystery to me. I would rather work with men any day. It is cut and dry. We have a job to do. Let's do it.

i feel that i'm not equipped for this stupid life

and i doubt i ever was

yeah, me too.

I bought into a "more abundant" life paradigm.... a mix of Dale Carnegie and E. Stanley Jones. Didn't prepare me for suffering very well... "this stupid life." 'member "Twisted Fairy Tales"? This was Twisted Scripture. Prepared for betrayal, for thilipsis, for tribulation? Nuh uh. Denial of all these was what I was taught. Positive confession. Yeah, like Jesus did that. Or Paul. Or David.

Yeah, right.

Dearest excathedra,

I don't know what it was either. I hope you're doing better now though. HUGS

JEFF