GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas Barbeque 2008

notinKansasanymore

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas would still be quite a drive to ex10's place (though you could probably come with Tom Strange, TBone, or Doojable). Excie lives quite close to George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, however.

Anyone is welcome to drive with me... although (at most) there would only be room for three others (assuming not much luggage)... gotta save room for the beer!

Like George said, if you are flying into Houston, we are about 45 minutes from Bush Intercontinental Airport. I can't really arrange picking up people from the airport, but there is a shuttle to the big Marriot which is only a few minutes from my house, and close to where most of the hotels are, where most out of towners (with cars even) end up staying.

45 minutes??!!! It only takes me two hours door to door, assuming there are no radars out on the highway... it's sometimes a thrilling ride!

I don't do hot tubs. :spy:

Don't worry Dave, neither does anyone else apparently! The past two years it has been Ex10Jr's responsibility to clean and fill the tub (or overfill if you count the year before last)... but it just sits there not being used...

and I won't need a map this year! ...my phone has GPS!

You Texans know nothing about BBQ. Here in the south it's pork(Squeal oink). I asked Rascal about our Wieenie Roast for this year. Possibly 1st weekend in October looks great-not too hot nor too cold. So hot dogs, hamburgers, maybe steaks, pork Barbeque, lemonade, sweet ice tea, and optional beer.

Thomas L B,

You might not realize this fact, but I happened to be from Memphis, the true BBQ capital of the world. Pork rules, yes. But seeing as how I have TX roots as well, and now have chosen TX as my humble home, I still haven't totally resolved the BBQ issue. Beef brisket works pretty well, when you dress it up with oinions and jalapenos, and of course, Southern sauce.

When my beloved cooks the BBQ, it is, of course always a pork shoulder in the smoker with thin vinegar based sauced, and mustard slaw. However, when in TX, do as the Texans. Our pork BBQ is reserved for special VIP's, when we do it our own selves. :B)

We do what we must. ;)

A friendly note on kids:

We love them :) BUT kids will hate this weekend! :)

It's a fairly adult time and there's nothing for them to do. Even ex10's own darlings (especially the darling that still lives at home) are opting to be as far as possible from our fun.

A friendly note on kids:

We love them :) BUT kids will hate this weekend! :)

It's a fairly adult time and there's nothing for them to do. Even ex10's own darlings (especially the darling that still lives at home) are opting to be as far as possible from our fun.

We'll be bringing my daughter because we have no babysitting available, but we won't be there the whole time, just part of the time on Saturday so it should be ok for her if kids are allowed. If they're not allowed let me know.

"hate" ??? ...but maybe if more than a couple show up they'd have fun... niKa's little ones seemed to find enough to do last year... they could play "rake the yard" or help chase the squirrels along the fence ledge...
Not sure if Mister Ham will appreciate that :biglaugh:

We'll be bringing my daughter because we have no babysitting available, but we won't be there the whole time, just part of the time on Saturday so it should be ok for her if kids are allowed. If they're not allowed let me know.

I'm sure kids are allowed (though, of course, ex10 has the final say), as NiKa's were there last year. There just aren't any activities geared for yougsters. How old are they? Maybe I can bring along some comic books.

George

Well, I didn't say it, but.............

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad.

Children should neither be seen or heard from - ever again.

I like children - fried.

I never met a kid I liked.

W. C. Fields

Children really don't bother me, just don't make me take care of them. :D

Jim