GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas Barbeque 2008

notinKansasanymore

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who is taking their laptop with webcam so that I can join by Skype? :)

Thought I would have a mini-BBQ here and invite a few ex-Way, not decided yet.

A lot of people may be out for the evening anyway as it's Bonfire Night on 5 Nov and the BBQ weekend is likely to see a lot of public bonfires and firework displays, so people may have other commitments.

And it's jolly cold for standing around outside having a BBQ.

Thought I would have a mini-BBQ here and invite a few ex-Way, not decided yet.

A lot of people may be out for the evening anyway as it's Bonfire Night on 5 Nov and the BBQ weekend is likely to see a lot of public bonfires and firework displays, so people may have other commitments.

And it's jolly cold for standing around outside having a BBQ.

Maybe they'll have some groaty pudding in your honor. :biglaugh:

My PC isn't so equipped, but if anyone would like to bring a laptop with the appropriate equipment, feel free. We'll just need to make sure that those who wish to remain anonymous are out of view!

Maybe they'll have some groaty pudding in your honor. :biglaugh:

Hmmmm...

No.

George

"Groaty pudding"?????

Anyway, my specialty is Sticky Toffee Pudding.

Emphasis on "sticky" and "toffee".

As in all over the floor of the oven. And HotSax just smiled and got stuck in (ha ha) and got it cleaned up. Sorry 'bout that....

Twinky, an early Happy Guy Fawkes Day(forget if Brits celebrate Halloween or not) :offtopic:

Ex (and any others driving down with room in your cars),

Can you bring a few lawn chairs? We have "outdoor seating" for about 7. even with folks meandering in and out, I think we'll need more.

George

Will do George. I've got two of those canvas folding chairs that have drink holders...hhehehehehe

I've got about 20 of the darn things...but I dont think the airline will take them.. <_<

P.S. I've been getting a lot of PM's for the address. It's 4822 Cloverfield Dr, Pearland TX. To avoid the traffic on FM 518 (Broadway St.), the best way to get here from Houston is to take SH 288 south to Beltway 8. Save yourself a toll by taking the eastbound feeder (access) road to the second stoplight (Cullen Blvd). Turn right (south) and go on Cullen until you pass FM 518. The next stoplight is Fite St. (also called Doherty Rd.). Turn left (east). At the first intersection, turn right (Meadowhurst), then take the first left (Meadowglen), then the first right (Cloverfield). We're the sixth house on the right.

Alternatively, you can take 288 to 518, go east through about 20 stoplights to Cullen, turn right, etc.

If you're coming from west of Houston, the Sam Houston tollway around town (south) is probably fastest. Go past 288 and exit at Cullen.

George

Okay.

How many of you are actually planning to come down FRIDAY NIGHT? I've got about 20 for Saturday. My assumption was that most of you would also be here for the"pre-party," but now I'm not so sure. The Countess and I need to know how many to prepare for, so please let me know ASAP (preferably here, but a PM will do).

Thanks,

George

Hey there George,

I'm sorry to say we won't be joining you Friday night as we originally planned, and by the looks of things it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it Saturday. T-Bone and I have both been burning the candle at both ends (or burning both ends with candles) lately and we're just plain worn out. We were looking forward to hanging with you, your lovely wife and the rest of the greasespotters. I should know by mid-week if we can make it Saturday...will that be too late to let you know?

tonto & T

Hey there George,

I'm sorry to say we won't be joining you Friday night as we originally planned, and by the looks of things it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it Saturday. T-Bone and I have both been burning the candle at both ends (or burning both ends with candles) lately and we're just plain worn out. We were looking forward to hanging with you, your lovely wife and the rest of the greasespotters. I should know by mid-week if we can make it Saturday...will that be too late to let you know?

tonto & T

As long as the answer is "yes," I can wait!

George

I think it's safe to cancel Friday night. (Rascal, if you want to get together, give us a call.)

We'll see you Saturday. Party starts at 2 PM; those helping to prepare the food will probably want to be here earlier. Check with the Countess.

The weather should be ideal, so prepare to have a great time! :dance::beer::dance:

George