GreaseSpot Cafe

Am I the only one...

Rocky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doojable said the same thing last night. I don't get logged out while on the forums like she does, but the "Remember Me" thing seems to not work all the time. I have to reenter password at least twice a day when I open the greasespot bookmark using IE. Mozilla seems to keep the cookie just fine.

~HAP

Doojable said the same thing last night. I don't get logged out while on the forums like she does, but the "Remember Me" thing seems to not work all the time. I have to reenter password at least twice a day when I open the greasespot bookmark using IE. Mozilla seems to keep the cookie just fine.

~HAP

I use (Mozilla) Firefox exclusively.

It seems that I have frequently been getting logged off or out when going into one of the forums here.

Is it just me?

Obviously not. Too bad I wasn't around to make the first post on this thread after you, though...I could have come up with a real smart alecky reply to your question, but it won't work anymore! :)

I used to "time out" every once in a while, but I'm careful to refresh a window while I'm

composing long posts now, so that doesn't happen.

If your Firefox configurations are set to "refuse cookies" you may have trouble with

messageboards. I had accidentally set that, and was wondering why a different

board wasn't letting me log in. I figured it out when I checked my settings.

I used to "time out" every once in a while, but I'm careful to refresh a window while I'm

If your Firefox configurations are set to "refuse cookies" you may have trouble with

I have settings set to *accept cookies*. They can always be deleted later. :)

I understand that concept... that's NOT the case with me...

The good news is that I did NOT have to RE-log in this time. So, maybe someone here at GSC fixed something...

My log in is still remaining consistently stable!

Have any of you pmed GT???

The first week of the GRSC Format changes I had all the troubles that You all have had and more as I took a

browser upgrade from Outlook Explorer 7 to Gears and then to Outlook explorer Beta 8; when they force you

to take the automatic upgrade to 8 after removing Gears. I will Never take beta again I had no margins

or scrolling in the post box and the link features would not work at all.

I have very bad arthritis in my fingers and need to constantly edit everything...it was 10x's as hard to

do under those circumstances.

After I removed beta I was stable again. That probably is not the cause for Your issues, but I wanted to let

everyone know that beta is quite unstable in some forums.

GT said to delete history and cookies too that did help some!

I empathize with all your frustrations, and I hope someone with knowledge helps You All soon!!!!!

(incidentally,The beta 8 uninstall is hidden in updates in add and remove on vista)

Edited by RainbowsGirl