GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Birthday Ham

Sudo

Ham,

You caught me red handed man. BPKS? I ain't got a clue. And I was lying about my fist. Heck I could hardly send ... --- ... if my life depended on it. But years ago... ah yes.. back in high school I helped one of my buddies build his first radio. He learned Morse code and got his novice license. I'd hang out with him for hours as we'd dot and dash people all around the world. He had post cards from folks as far away as India after "talking" with them. All in Morse code. It was a lot of fun but I never got good enough in Morse code to take the test. And it seems to me we did this on only 100 watts. After he upgraded and got voice I know he increased his wattage but that was after we graduated high school and I had taken off for Ole Miss.

I still see him every now and then. Seems you don't have to even learn code to get a license any longer. You don't even have to know the electronics like you used to. But I digress..

Happy Birthday

sudo (caught lying

:redface:)