GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

That line is from Glengary Glenross (sp?), spoken by Alec Baldwin.

ding! ding! ding! ding!

Trivial note: the Alec Baldwain part was written into the screenplay for him. It wasn't in the original play.

Edited by soul searcher

Did I stump everyone?

It's one of those times when you post a line that gives away the movie as long as someone's seen it. I've heard of Glengarry Glen Ross, but I haven't seen it.

George

I might also suggest that erkjohn and soul searcher head over to "Name That Flick." It's okay to stump people over there (at least for a while), while this thread is for quotes so easy almost anyone can get it. (And the clue in NTF right now is really low-hanging fruit!)

George

And before I'm misinterpreted, I'm not implying that EJ and SS aren't welcome here, too!

It's one of those times when you post a line that gives away the movie as long as someone's seen it. I've heard of Glengarry Glen Ross, but I haven't seen it.

It's a great movie, one of my favorites. It's about as mean and nasty and brutal as you can get without any physical violence.

ding! ding! ding! ding!

Trivial note: the Alec Baldwain part was written into the screenplay for him. It wasn't in the original play.

Unbelievable! That was the most powerful scene in the movie, I thought.

George

I might also suggest that erkjohn and soul searcher head over to "Name That Flick." It's okay to stump people over there (at least for a while), while this thread is for quotes so easy almost anyone can get it. (And the clue in NTF right now is really low-hanging fruit!)

George

And before I'm misinterpreted, I'm not implying that EJ and SS aren't welcome here, too!

Sorry, George. Thanks for explaining the rules. By the way, just in case you're curious, the line is from Easy Rider

I probably shouldn't post this here cuz technically it's off-topic. But it's kinda quiet and it seems that many of you have not seen or even heard of this movie.

The only major character not in this scene is Al Pacino, whose performace alone is worth the price of admission. You can pull up clips on YouTube, but be prepared for a lot of profanity.

People who like "nice movies" tend not to like this one. I think it's brilliant.

[FOUL LANGUAGE ALERT!]

Edited by soul searcher

Well, now there's nothing left to guess!! How about giving us another one?

George

(And I've seen Easy Rider; I just don't remember it very well.)

It's when they're camped in the woods and Jack Nickelson (sp?) has the quoted dialogue with Dennis Hopper.

Okay! Enough said! Let's get this thread back on track with what it should be:

"Show Me the Money!! Show me the money!!"

• 2 weeks later...

When Harry Met Sally

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

IDK that one's sort of obscure.

"I'm in the dark!"

When Harry Met Sally

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Wait a moment. Is it Goodfellows?

This country's going to hell in a hand basket! :angry:

Edited by Human without the bean

IDK that one's sort of obscure.

"I'm in the dark!"

Wait a moment. Is it Goodfellows?

This country's going to hell in a hand basket! :angry:

Human,

In this and the other game threads, you have to answer the previous clue before you get to give one yourself. I'm guessing that your "I'm in the dark" statement was a clue. Now, since Soul Searcher gave away his answer, I guess you can go. Did you mean for your quote as a clue?

A good idea is to read the first few posts of a game thread, just to make sure you know the rules. Glad tohave you playing!

George

Human,

In this and the other game threads, you have to answer the previous clue before you get to give one yourself. I'm guessing that your "I'm in the dark" statement was a clue. Now, since Soul Searcher gave away his answer, I guess you can go. Did you mean for your quote as a clue?

A good idea is to read the first few posts of a game thread, just to make sure you know the rules. Glad tohave you playing!

George

Ok. Got it. Actually there are 2 clues, so lets save the one for later.

" I'm in the dark"

What life? I got no life! I'm in the dark here. I'm in the dark!

Alright here's some more.

"Get outta her."

"I'm staying right here!"

"Get outta here."

"I'm staying right here!"

"I'll blow you fu**# head off."

"Then do it! You want to do it? Do it! Lets go"!

"Get outta here!"

"You fu**# up all right? So what? So everybody does it. Get on with your life would ya?"

"I'm in the dark here! You understand? I'm in the dark!"

"So give up! You want to up? Give up...Cause I'm givin up too. You said I'm through. Your right, I am through! Were both through! Its all over! So lets get on with it... Let's fu**# do it. Let's pull the trigger you miserable blind mother fu**#.

Edited by Human without the bean

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes