GreaseSpot Cafe

May I ask?

tagalong

I guess I can start. I remember the sweet fellowship from my past assoc. w/the Way. So I thought: What the hell? What have I to fear? Why not give it a try? So here I am. The good , the bad and the ugly. :blink: :asdf::biglaugh: :) <_< :spy:

I do not tell people what they want to hear. I tell them what I really believe and think. If you get a compliment from me, it is real! I'm not fake but I am human. I WILL disappoint you. But Jesus Christ and God's Word will never disappoint you. People will disappoint you. A verse I've been thinking of lately is Romans 10: 11 No one who believes in him (Jesus Christ) will ever be disappointed in his expectations.

I was looking for a replacement for my lost PLAF book and stumbbled in the door.

ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha

i came from some email thing where i heard about waydale. what motivated me was that i had not talked to anyone reallly about "things" since the passing of the poo

May I ask?, What motivated you to come to G S Cafe?

I had his new internet thingy and discovered how to use a search engine which enamored me... during a moment of boredom and completely lacking any creativity I looked up some weird cult that I was involved with once and landed at Waydale. I hung around there until it closed its doors then came here.

I found this on accident while looking for grease spot removal... actually not long ago.. (as soon as I saw the title of the site I knew it was about the Way international and about that whole grease spot on the road thing.. and since we were essentially grease spots hubby and I I gently perused the pages for a while to see what it was. I had left before the passing of the poo and all the LCM weirdness.. so for me it was an exercise in discovery and confirmation of some things I suspected but as i left long before there was an internet I never had the opportunity to find all this stuff out. IT has been an interesting voyage so far. I had often wondered why I never ran into any Way people after we left but after coming here I found out it was because there was the beginnings of a huge exodus after we left and by the time I had time to really wonder the Way was a shadow of it's former self... Thank God.

What brought me to gs cafe..

probably the same thing that brought me to twi to begin with.. might sound weird.

The only difference, I found what I was looking for here, once.. will I ever find it again? I don't know..

I was in some chat room somewhere and they told me about Waydale where I lived almost 24/7 after I left twi in 1998. When Greasespot Cafe opened up, I was part of the moving van over here.

For me, I wanted to hopefully find my late husband's family, hang with folks that understood what I was talking about, laugh about the silliness of life and it's pain and it's joys. From all that has been built a few amazing friendships, experiences I treasure, memories I'd probably never have made with some hysterical, wonderful, kind, generous people.

I came here because I belonged here I fit here. I've been able to relax and share as little or as much as I choose. I've raised one daughter around these folks and she's doing great ! :) The other daughter; these people have put up with me figuring out what the heck to do about her and she's doing great too ! I've fnished a College Degree with the help of people here. We've celebrated births of babies, marriages, deaths of loved ones job gains and losses, aches and pains of daily making it work every day.

It's life here.

It's not always fun, it's not always easy; one has to pick their battles and understand that one fight or one battle doesn't define the war. We are a bunch of people that have an organization in common; good and not so much. But, to me, that is only the frame; what lives inside is the real stuff.

For me, it's the approach. If I come in here every day looking to bite the a$$ of whoever said something I don't agree with or don't like or didn't write it just like I wish they had, I'm going to be in for a painful and often lonely ride. If I wander around with the lens of hanging with differant opinions, backgrounds, needs, lifestyles and as many ways of saying it, I'll be fine.

Greasespot Cafe serves an incredible purpose, we've discussed that probably too many times, but perhaps it needs to be said again. I, maybe like you, tagalong, am straight up, often to my detriment, and it's not always pretty. That really isn't the point, in my opinion. The point is that we can be who we are and so long as we frame that with rememberance of our fellow men and women and take the time to hear them as much as we expect them to hear us, the purpose of our little corner here will be accomplished for most of us.

Welcome to a wonderful, nutty, interesting, diverse, necessary place, tagalong.

Edited by Shellon

I've supposedly graduated too. They put my name in the program, and in real life I passed the last three classes..

but they haven't shipped the final diploma yet. It's been about a month and a half..

at least once, I've waken in a sweat, from a rather lucid, vivid dream, where the instructor has explained to me why I am failing the last (needed) class..

:biglaugh:

I was all over the internet, looking up discussions on all sorts of things that interested me.

By chance, I found the GSC discussing twi and vpw and all sorts of alphabet things right before

someone emailed me to direct me towards it.

My first few posts didn't really add much to what was already said-they expressed ideas already

stated recently- but I've improved a bit over time, I think.

Was looking for some broken glass to crawl over on my way back to TWI.

Crawled in the door of the Cafe.

Liked the taste of the coffee and stayed.

I was looking for some old friends from my TWI days, and Google brought me here.

Personally, I'm not here to vent about what was wrong in the past. At least for me, some of it was good. A lot was not. I (frequently) was the one who just didn't quite get the program. That's probably a good thing, because I was usually thinking for myself. Even today, I just don't blindly follow 'leadership'.

There are many folks I'd like to hear from, so I spend most of my time here 'lurking'. I read the posts about what has happened over the past 20 years or so that I have been 'out'. Sometimes I wonder if I had stayed 'in', would I have been a victim too? Maybe I would have been on the other end? I'll never know.

In the mean time, I thank God that He has brought me to where I am.

My heart breaks as I read the accounts of how some of the posters have been hurt. I am especially touched when I read the stories of how the children were treated and taught. As an adult, I can take responsibility for my actions because I chose to believe and follow the doctrines I did. The kids are an entirely different story.

I still have a passion for God - maybe even more so then I did 'then'. I want to see more people really come to know Him. However, I am also more cautious. I am keenly aware of how charismatic leadership can easily cause some to stumble.

There is a saying: 'Hurting people hurt people'. I don't say much here because it might come from a hurt - and that would only hurt someone else. I would rather read the posts and pray for those who are hurting. When the time comes that I have something to say that can heal someone's heart, I will.

In the mean time - I'll just lurk.

God first

Beloved tagalong

God loves you in the Way Ministry or outside

that I now outside the Way Ministry

no more money to give a cause that not real

God teaches me love take my money God was never about money

God is about Love my brother no matters my brother doses

do you love me

I love you

thank you

with love and a holy kiss Roy

I was looking for a replacement for my lost PLAF book and stumbbled in the door.

I like that waysider. Your comment put a smile on my face.

God first

Beloved tagalong

God loves you in the Way Ministry or outside

that I now outside the Way Ministry

no more money to give a cause that not real

God teaches me love take my money God was never about money

God is about Love my brother no matters my brother doses

do you love me

I love you

thank you

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Yes I love you.

I was looking for some old friends from my TWI days, and Google brought me here.

Personally, I'm not here to vent about what was wrong in the past. At least for me, some of it was good. A lot was not. I (frequently) was the one who just didn't quite get the program. That's probably a good thing, because I was usually thinking for myself. Even today, I just don't blindly follow 'leadership'.

There are many folks I'd like to hear from, so I spend most of my time here 'lurking'. I read the posts about what has happened over the past 20 years or so that I have been 'out'. Sometimes I wonder if I had stayed 'in', would I have been a victim too? Maybe I would have been on the other end? I'll never know.

In the mean time, I thank God that He has brought me to where I am.

My heart breaks as I read the accounts of how some of the posters have been hurt. I am especially touched when I read the stories of how the children were treated and taught. As an adult, I can take responsibility for my actions because I chose to believe and follow the doctrines I did. The kids are an entirely different story.

I still have a passion for God - maybe even more so then I did 'then'. I want to see more people really come to know Him. However, I am also more cautious. I am keenly aware of how charismatic leadership can easily cause some to stumble.

There is a saying: 'Hurting people hurt people'. I don't say much here because it might come from a hurt - and that would only hurt someone else. I would rather read the posts and pray for those who are hurting. When the time comes that I have something to say that can heal someone's heart, I will.

In the mean time - I'll just lurk.

You have a great heart to pray for people. Thank you for sharing this. I need to give by praying for people more. You helped me to see that. Thank you.

Was looking for some broken glass to crawl over on my way back to TWI.

Crawled in the door of the Cafe.

Liked the taste of the coffee and stayed.

I only drink coffee with lots of sweetener in it. In other words it has to be pretty much a Latte for me to drink it and enjoy it. (as one of those "Latte sipping Obama supporters" of last year) I long for "sweet" fellowship.

I've supposedly graduated too. They put my name in the program, and in real life I passed the last three classes..

but they haven't shipped the final diploma yet. It's been about a month and a half..

at least once, I've waken in a sweat, from a rather lucid, vivid dream, where the instructor has explained to me why I am failing the last (needed) class..

:biglaugh:

ok? :unsure:

I was in some chat room somewhere and they told me about Waydale where I lived almost 24/7 after I left twi in 1998. When Greasespot Cafe opened up, I was part of the moving van over here.

For me, I wanted to hopefully find my late husband's family, hang with folks that understood what I was talking about, laugh about the silliness of life and it's pain and it's joys. From all that has been built a few amazing friendships, experiences I treasure, memories I'd probably never have made with some hysterical, wonderful, kind, generous people.

I came here because I belonged here I fit here. I've been able to relax and share as little or as much as I choose. I've raised one daughter around these folks and she's doing great ! :) The other daughter; these people have put up with me figuring out what the heck to do about her and she's doing great too ! I've fnished a College Degree with the help of people here. We've celebrated births of babies, marriages, deaths of loved ones job gains and losses, aches and pains of daily making it work every day.

It's life here.

It's not always fun, it's not always easy; one has to pick their battles and understand that one fight or one battle doesn't define the war. We are a bunch of people that have an organization in common; good and not so much. But, to me, that is only the frame; what lives inside is the real stuff.

For me, it's the approach. If I come in here every day looking to bite the a$$ of whoever said something I don't agree with or don't like or didn't write it just like I wish they had, I'm going to be in for a painful and often lonely ride. If I wander around with the lens of hanging with differant opinions, backgrounds, needs, lifestyles and as many ways of saying it, I'll be fine.

Greasespot Cafe serves an incredible purpose, we've discussed that probably too many times, but perhaps it needs to be said again. I, maybe like you, tagalong, am straight up, often to my detriment, and it's not always pretty. That really isn't the point, in my opinion. The point is that we can be who we are and so long as we frame that with rememberance of our fellow men and women and take the time to hear them as much as we expect them to hear us, the purpose of our little corner here will be accomplished for most of us.

Welcome to a wonderful, nutty, interesting, diverse, necessary place, tagalong.

Thank you Shellon, When I first came here I was shocked at how negative all the comments were. I have always been very thankful for the Word of God I learned , so it was a huge culture shock for me. Now I am realizing that people are hurting really bad. So I guess they are here to vent. I am a very open minded individual. I've done almost a 180 degree turn politically (with the way I vote). I guess a website like this can be a test for how openminded I really am. :unsure: :blink: <_< :unsure: :spy:

i'll have to tell you about my log sometime

--

you'll certainly be "tested" here lol

just keep being you, take everything with a pinch, and i don't know what else

there are so many good people here with such different experiences and points of view

I will be blessed to read about it whenever you are comfortable sharing about it. Ex, you are welcome to PM me anytime. I have certain periods of time when I work a lot so please have patience if I do not respond right away.

Thank you Shellon, When I first came here I was shocked at how negative all the comments were. I have always been very thankful for the Word of God I learned , so it was a huge culture shock for me. Now I am realizing that people are hurting really bad. So I guess they are here to vent. I am a very open minded individual. I've done almost a 180 degree turn politically (with the way I vote). I guess a website like this can be a test for how openminded I really am. :unsure: :blink: <_< :unsure: :spy:

If you think "ALL" the comments are negative, you're not looking at ALL the posts.

For one thing, spend some time in the Reading Room, where we're playing games.

None of the games are negative.

A number of threads have been neutral- either discussing non-twi subjects, or twi subjects in more of

a historical aspect (collecting remembrances.)

A number of threads have been humorous. We have a forum for those. Plus, we've had a "drinking game"

and a round of "twi Mad Libs" before.

If you think "ALL" the comments are negative, you're not looking at ALL the posts.

For one thing, spend some time in the Reading Room, where we're playing games.

None of the games are negative.

A number of threads have been neutral- either discussing non-twi subjects, or twi subjects in more of

a historical aspect (collecting remembrances.)

A number of threads have been humorous. We have a forum for those. Plus, we've had a "drinking game"

and a round of "twi Mad Libs" before.

Yes, there is much more to this site than what I saw when I first came here. This site is similar to the universe in that there is always more to discover. When I first came here I somehow landed on a conversation about Martindale and someone talking to him unknowingly in the Toledo OH area. And I read people saying (in essence NOT exact words,but in essence) they hoped he was tormented the rest of his life for all the evil he did and stuff like that. I did not discover the lighter stuff until later. So yes I am now (at least somewhat) more enlightened that this is a more diverse group with diverse and more differing opinions than I first thought (and not just a bunch of angry mobsters with pitchforks coming to get the Way members,lol,although there may be a few of those). I have even seen a few comments where people (beside myself) remotely acknowledge some degree of thankfulness for the Word they were taught and the deliverance they received upon first believing God's Word. Some of us were not taught the Bible as children. I was a Roman Catholic and we never read the actual Bible. If I screwed up I was told to say 3 Hail Marys and 2 Our Fathers. Somof us never heard of even the concept of getting answers to prayer (praying effectually). Some of us only heard of God's wrath and fire and brimstoneiand how we were going to hell and would suffer eternal damnation etc etc etc (I trust you get the point). At least now I know I have eternal life and I have a Heavenly Father I can call on with Power of Attorney and all that. Never knew that as a Roman Catholic.

It must be a shock coming here after the experience of TWI. One of TWI's most highly held values - like-mindedness - is nearly absent here, along with it's close ally - doing away with negativity.

You are free to be yourself here, but you might have to support what you say with logic, and not someone battering you with scripture pulled out of context.

I think I was here early on maybe posting under something closer to my real name. I arrived back here in 2007 after a splinter group that I was involved with for years, suffered yet another fracture, and I was asked to vouch for someone's character, which is nothing short of ironic given the circumstances over my departure. I had been completely away from anyone who had been involved with TWI or its offshoots for about 2 years and was hap hap happy to be gone.

Five years ago I would have spent most of my time in the doctrinal area. Now I don't care. I stick around for entertainment purposes only.

• Upvote 1