GreaseSpot Cafe

Oh morbid wayfer thinking

Bolshevik

My wayfer folks taught me if I want to buy a house I should wait for some of our relatives to die. The inherited money they leave would help to not go into debt and stay right with God.

They did not have any other ideas.

It's good to give your children goals and nice things to look forward to, right?

Edited by Bolshevik
  • Upvote 2

My wayfer folks taught me if I want to buy a house I should wait for some of our relatives to die. The inherited money they leave would help to not go into debt and stay right with God.

They did not have any other ideas.

It's good to give your children goals and nice things to look forward to, right?

Nice to know that "God's Abundance" is essentially milking the dead unbelievers you just cursed the day before. Nice. Real nice.

JT

And to think back to the 70's when Dr Cyclops was teaching in rez that one of the proofs that Islam is bad is that they won't let people have any debt including a mortgage...went on and on about inhibiting people's ability to prosper - and I do mean went on and on and freaking on...

What's next? L(nder the idiot, the complete red-azzed baboon disguised as a human, the piece of animal defecation starts to declare fatwahs on GSCers?

Edited for this: I am running up debt so my kids can be in good universities. Guess what TWIts? If you don't like my debt on behalf of my childrens' futures feel free to take your wuss version of god and your self-centered control the planet doctrine, place them carefully in a tampon applicator and insert down your throat. Oh one more thing TWIts - god is not first in my life - my children are first - choking yet? ...and to think that lunatic organization once ordained me...any god I would worship doesn't need my money, my hands (god has no hands and all that rot), my children, nor even my allegiance.

For you TWIts that put your children in the second tier, having them lose on behalf of your religious nose snot - may you cop lung fungus for withholding from your children.

Edited by RumRunner
  • Upvote 2

I knew two families who owned their homes free & clear during the nineties. The first was a long-time wayfer who continually preached how you could own a home without going into debt. His plan was to buy a share in a home, say 20%, for cash. The seller would own 80%, be responsible for 80% of the taxes, etc. As you saved more money you'd pay him more money in exchange for a larger share of the home, eventually you'd own 100%. He got this idea out of a book and was actually doing this with his parents when his parents died and he inherited the house outright.

The other had bought a house the old-fashioned way, by taking out a mortgage, but had paid off the mortgage by the time he got involved in TWI when they were in their forties. They had some rental properties that they were paying a loan on, but were persuaded by TWI leadership to sell them to get out of debt.

When I was "in" both of these families were held up as examples of how you could own your own home, live the abundant life, blah, blah, blah, without being in debt. At the time I privately questioned this: one family was able to prosper due to the untimely death of their parents and the other by doing the very thing that TWI preached against, just by stopping it when TWI came into their lives.

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised at this.

VPW, our role model "numero uno", built a lifelong career based on leaching off the good fortune of others.

And........didn't vicster build his homespun wayworld from a share of dad-wierwille's inheritance of the farm? Gee, only four years after the Van Wert pastorate, 1957, when his employment was terminated....veepee was a-building his wierwille road & hwy 29 empire. Did it take inheritance money to catalyze his believing?

And........didn't vicster build his homespun wayworld from a share of dad-wierwille's inheritance of the farm? Gee, only four years after the Van Wert pastorate, 1957, when his employment was terminated....veepee was a-building his wierwille road & hwy 29 empire. Did it take inheritance money to catalyze his believing?

Not just his.

Wasn't part of "the empire" built with Kipp spoils, as well?

Nice to know that "God's Abundance" is essentially milking the dead unbelievers you just cursed the day before. Nice. Real nice.

JT

Wasn't that the "sin" of Achan? just a thought..

and this goes to another question.. is one "encouraged" by the "modern" organization to remember der way in the will? To give the money to those who supposedly have a greater purpose for it, instead of "thankless" children who need an education and such?

I always thought "dr's" dream of including herr way in the will as a rather morbid concept as well..

This is such the welfare mentality of TWI. The Bible teaches that if you don't provide for your own especially those in your own house you are worse than an infidel.

TWI teaches you to sponge off your elderly relatives and wait for them to die so you can have their money and buy a house. This attitude is widespread. I've heard plenty of TWI robots talking about "their inheritance" and looking at money belonging to their elderly relatives as theirs before they are dead. It's despicable. It's money grubbing. It's the lowest of the low. When my parents and relatives grow old and die I want to take care of them, not sponge off them and wait around grubbing after the money they may leave.

yeah, but it also taught that the young people are to provide a retirement for their parents.

So I'm supposed to provide a retirement and receive an inheritance. Maybe it's me, but it seems like bad math.

Don't blame math..

numbers only do what numbers do..

:biglaugh:

I've told my kids.. now this might be *slightly* morbid.. but if I expire before things are financially "worked out".. just find a lawn chair, and prop me up in the woods somewhere. I'll be "all right"..

No problem anyway.. I have to live at least another twenty years. If not, *they* will sent collectors to hell and other places to try to get back the student loans..

yeah, but it also taught that the young people are to provide a retirement for their parents.

So I'm supposed to provide a retirement and receive an inheritance. Maybe it's me, but it seems like bad math.

Bolshevik I don't think they taught you correctly about taking care of parents. Many parents won't need help of any kind from their children. Some may need some financial help and others may need physical taking care of. You are not required to provide your parents with a retirement and you don't automatically receive some kind of inheritance from your kids.

I'd like to suggest that you teach your children how to take care of you by providing whatever help your own parents (and your wife's parents) may need. Even if all that's required is going over to their house and checking on them once in a while or every few days depending on their age etc.

I think I am partly clueless in this regard, because the males of my family typically did not live past 49, 50, 51, 52..

and the younger generation really never had the opportunity to take care of or really get to know the older generation..

I think I am partly clueless in this regard, because the males of my family typically did not live past 49, 50, 51, 52..

and the younger generation really never had the opportunity to take care of or really get to know the older generation..

That is really too bad - - - you never had the blessing of grandparents.

As far as taking care of parents etc......it should be easy to extrapolate from "honor thy father and thy mother". It sounds simplistic, but "walking in love" is really how it's done. Walking in love does not always mean making nice-nice. I haven't always gotten it right, but that's what I try to do.

. . .

No problem anyway.. I have to live at least another twenty years. If not, *they* will sent collectors to hell and other places to try to get back the student loans..

you might want to check on that, don't student loans dissolve upon death? At least, that's what I assured my wife . . . :biglaugh:

That is really too bad - - - you never had the blessing of grandparents.

yep. I agree entirely.. I've actually outlived my ancestors.. I've lived long enough to watch my children grow and mature, graduate from high school and college.. get married, start a family..

maybe I will live long enough to have the blessing of being a grandparent..

for the most part, it's new ground for the blood line I'm a part of..

you might want to check on that, don't student loans dissolve upon death? At least, that's what I assured my wife . . . :biglaugh:

Heh.. try telling "them" (the underwriters and all)..

they will find two loan officers, one a real "saint".. one a "devil".. and give both of them explicit instructions to collect from me, five seconds before shooting both of them in the head..

Bolshevik I don't think they taught you correctly about taking care of parents. Many parents won't need help of any kind from their children. Some may need some financial help and others may need physical taking care of. You are not required to provide your parents with a retirement and you don't automatically receive some kind of inheritance from your kids.

I'd like to suggest that you teach your children how to take care of you by providing whatever help your own parents (and your wife's parents) may need. Even if all that's required is going over to their house and checking on them once in a while or every few days depending on their age etc.

Perhaps I will.

There uh, "teachings" were, I dunno, contradictory or, didn't flow together, IMO. Throw in some talk about love and heart, and any "apparent" contradiction or inconsistency could be "smoothed over". Or whatever.

And to think back to the 70's when Dr Cyclops was teaching in rez that one of the proofs that Islam is bad is that they won't let people have any debt including a mortgage...went on and on about inhibiting people's ability to prosper - and I do mean went on and on and freaking on...

Well Runner...I guess that falls under the copout, er, I mean category of "revelation changes as circumstances change". You know, circumstances changed for The Way when 2/3 of their contributors dropped off so God changed the revelation. Suddenly it became "off the Word" to do such sinful things as buy a nice home for your family to live in, or improve yourself by getting an education.

• Upvote 1

Well Runner...I guess that falls under the copout, er, I mean category of "revelation changes as circumstances change". You know, circumstances changed for The Way when 2/3 of their contributors dropped off so God changed the revelation. Suddenly it became "off the Word" to do such sinful things as buy a nice home for your family to live in, or improve yourself by getting an education.

Well, erkjohn, I guess it is ok for the bigwigs in twi to send their children to college. Look on Facebook and you will find a bunch of them, most all of them listing a college!!!