GreaseSpot Cafe

Why they stay

copenhagen

Great point Shellon.

I guess I should of been more clear in my post.

I am in the Way but want out but am afraid of losing a spouse and family.

Just like what you were going thru.

I posted from the point of view of my personal life of my wife and family who have

seen and lived thru the b.s. but still stay.

Yes there are people like you 16 yrs ago and me now. I am looking at the mind set of people

like my wife who assume twi is God and to disobey the way is like spitting in God's face..

copenhagen

I sure wish you the best Copenhagen.

My splinter group has caused several divorces by teaching that the uncooperative spouse is devilish, unbelieving, or even antichrist, etc. etc.

And since I came to GSC it is very plain to me that TWI has proved itself all too good at coming between couples when one of them does not want to toe the line, and in like manner with my once-upon-a-time splinter group.

And I do believe that because of the long practiced TWI leadership mindset of catch'em and keep'em that any spouse in your situation is facing an uphill battle once leadership has a hold on one spouse's loyalties.

I feel for you and support you 100% Copenhagen.

(edited for spelling)

TWI, can't live with them, can't shoot them.

Edited by JeffSjo

On Guard. I renew my mind so i don't ever get possessed.

Hey Bishop,

Would you be willing to start a thread or go along with a thread about this sentiment of yours, maybe in the "doctrinal section"?

I would hate to distract further from this thread by keeping the conversation going here.

IMO this has potential for another thread.

JEFF

ALTHOUGH, THE VERY FEAR OF BEING POSSESSED BY DEVILS HAS CAUSED MANY PEOPLE TO STAY IN TWI. Maybe this topic should be worked into this thread.....HHHMMM.

Edited by JeffSjo

I have seen this and the area I am in the corp nazi leader does not like cop outs. He

really does note like having in his state one standing and one out. He has said in more then

one meeting the only reason for divorce is if a spouse leaves the way...

What a j@ck@$$. It used to be that you could ask people to give you "Chapter and Verse". Now with all the power hungry little mongrels they don't listen to scripture and the only importance is kissing the foot of the next one up the ladder in the food chain to preserve their little power base. Now the doctrine doesn't even have to be remotely Christian based or scripturally backed as long as the right authority supports it.

That said I can understand and appreciate your situation. Standing up to false authority and extracting yourself from under it with your family and sanity intact is a tall order...

Edited by chockfull
  • Upvote 1

I know how it is...I got into it with a twi coordinator,I told him somthing was none of his beezwaz.

Told the wife I was done,she imediately ran to "them".Do not know what they said to this very day,

Wife stayed,She still went to fellowships,bought a house,daughter quit going,I would not let my son go.

With love and patience wife quit going,I even had Bernitt@ jes3 in my house at one time,saying she reminded

my wife of a dear friend of hers.Personaly I think my wife stayed with me because of the vows.They were made to each other not the way.

Stay patient God will find a way just not twi way.

I'm not so sure about the fear motivation in every situation. Was I afraid I'd lose my children if anyone wanted to try that? Sometimes, yes, it occured to me. Was I afraid my children would continue to be exposed to what I, myself, didn't want? Yes. Did the potential battle enter into my "concerns"? No question.

But also it was more of a surety than a fear, whether or not they forced it down my throat; a reality of experience and seeing others receive same.

I do things now that I don't necessarily want to do and until I can do differently, I'll have to continue doing them.

I liken it to my time in twi as well. I'll do whatever I have to do to take care of, protect and provide what my daughter needs.

I'm not so sure about the fear motivation in every situation. Was I afraid I'd lose my children if anyone wanted to try that? Sometimes, yes, it occured to me. Was I afraid my children would continue to be exposed to what I, myself, didn't want? Yes. Did the potential battle enter into my "concerns"? No question.

But also it was more of a surety than a fear, whether or not they forced it down my throat; a reality of experience and seeing others receive same.

I do things now that I don't necessarily want to do and until I can do differently, I'll have to continue doing them.

I liken it to my time in twi as well. I'll do whatever I have to do to take care of, protect and provide what my daughter needs.

I agree,Keep the nucelar family together,Sometimes being patiet is key,Gods timing.

I agree,Keep the nucelar family together,Sometimes being patiet is key,Gods timing.

While I agree with this and know it is sound advice, the whole scenario just makes my blood boil. Who the F do these people think they are to hold families hostage to their corrupt organization, beliefs, and practices? And they call that Christian? It's just further proof of how despicably wrong and deluded these people are.

We just wish that those who destroy nuclear families would die before the families they separate.

We can only dream.

A lot of folks have waited on Fidel Castro . . .

. . .

As you get older, though, and realize you're much closer to the end than the beginning, it takes on a whole new level of meaning.

I don't think Wayfers would ever see it that way. Death is just a nap to them.

I don't know what you mean either.

I do not believe that an aging wayfer is going to come to any "realizations". Their mindset will be the same as is was in the 70s.

I believe that conclusion is much too general. Even though we were taught that we should all think alike, the simple truth is that we do not. In addition, the "mindset" we were all admonished to subscribe to has, itself, evolved and changed.

I believe that conclusion is much too general. Even though we were taught that we should all think alike, the simple truth is that we do not. In addition, the "mindset" we were all admonished to subscribe to has, itself, evolved and changed.

I don't recall ever seeing much change in a living wayfer over time. If, in 30 years, a person or persons remain essentially the same, I think it's fairly safe to assume they will remain on that path.

"the "mindset" we were all admonished to subscribe to has, itself, evolved and changed" - not sure what you mean here. twi has always (in my short lifetime)had one mindset of having "the truth", being right, having "it" . . . all reasoning, actions, propaganda, excuses etc. change to protect that, but the core "mindset" remains the same.

• Upvote 1

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=4790136471465722593&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

Don't worry if you can't find your retemory cards, just STAY YOUR MIND!

It is very very differant NOW to see those words STAY YOUR MIND. It sounds "chilling" NOW like Freeze Frame

like hindering the growth of your mind by staying your mind in TWI (fecal matter!)

Renew Your Mind(just seems to be like fingerpainting with crap over and over and over and NOT having the knowledge

to KNOW any better !

I found this video intresting and may help others see thru the fog!

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=3665309377360044214&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

Edited by cheranne

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-5302374578884111554&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

Wayfers often mention other churches weren't teaching anything back in the 70s, that nobody has all the answers, no church/religion is perfect, and how do you know any church won't fall into what twi is accused of? Twi doesn't have the truth, and neither does anybody else.

They might have a point. If nothing out there is true, then nobody is lying either. Twi is as good as anything else. Why put the effort in to change one's view of things?

People get old and tired.