GreaseSpot Cafe

Dreams

grand-daughter

This may seem like a weird topic but it is something that honestly bugs me, so I'll bring it up. Does anyone ever dream about all that they had went through or do you see certain people in ypur dreams from your past? I would say at least 4 times a week since I have been out I dream about mostly Victor Banard but also other people in the ministry as well. It drives me nuts. I can go to bed not even thinking about this stuff but they still come. As of late however their faces have been distorted. I have a feeling that's because I am seeing them in a different manner now but still I know who they are. Some of my dreams are at least good in the sense that I tell them off or I have even in 1 spoke prophetically to them. But I just am tired of seeing their faces altogether at this point in my life.

Yeah Grand daughter, I do. Not as often any more, most of the time it is around the end of july, roa time.

In most I am at the roa looking for old friends, I am always hoping that things have changed, that maybe we could go back. Sometimes I dream that I am on the wow field devistated to realize that I don`t believe it any more ... that I still have to fulfill my comittment of one year to God...lol one time during this dream, God told me that I was going to witness for him and secretly get people out .. one time we led a commando raid on hq to rescue mrs. W...etc

Things trigger my dreams, topics here bring back unresolved issues....but as time passes, as I experience more life, the dreams grow more infrequent. You will too.

Yes. Especially the 1rst 10yrs out! Now sometimes after 30yrs out and during August ROA time.

That was just a dream!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XFMCgeI7c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XFMCgeI7c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XFMCgeI7c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by cheranne

Ty for your replies at least now I know I'm not weird. It use to be a blessing to have these dreams when I first left because I had intentions of going back but since I have come to my senses so to speak yuck! With everything thats gone on lately with this group the only dream that would be welcome is to see everyone get out!

Ty for your replies at least now I know I'm not weird. It use to be a blessing to have these dreams when I first left because I had intentions of going back but since I have come to my senses so to speak yuck! With everything thats gone on lately with this group the only dream that would be welcome is to see everyone get out!

Oh and Victor Banard in jail!

Hi Grand-daughter, :)

I've had dreams that have involved many River Road Fellowship people too.

For everyone dream that I can remember it seemed obvious to me that I had unresolved issues.

I am not concerned at all if I have such a dream or if I do not. Either way I suppose I will do my best to come to terms with these things.

And about the jail thing, somebody will eventually have to testify for that to happen.

If and when that happens I do not intend on putting up with any deliberate misdirection according to halfazz cliches and/or fainthearted doechebags trying to stop them from speaking.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by JeffSjo

Yes, I still have dreams. Lately, I attribute that to the fact I am writing about my TWI days for a book.

The one the other night: VP wanted 3x5 cards. Anothr girl and I went searching for them desperately and didn't find them...maybe we were looking for those darn missing "originals"...they were printed on 3x5 cards, right? Oh yeah, nobody knows for sure cuz THEY WERE LOST OR DESTROYED!!!

Okay, no more coffee for me...

Peace,

Charlene

Edited by penworks

From what I understand, dreams are merely your mind's method of dealing with unresolved issues.

From that perspective, they have definte meaning, but the meaning is not transferable from one person's dreams to the next person's dreams. In other words, a red Corvette may mean something specific in my dream and something entirely different in yours.

Have you ever had this happen? You're pushing a shopping cart through the grocery store and every so many feet you get zapped with an electrical shock. Why? Because static electricity builds up in the cart until it reaches a point of discharge. Same thing with your mind. It can only hold just so much "energy" before it needs to discharge.

This is so much more comforting that TWI's explanation that "dreams are caused by devil spirits". So, in TWI, if you had dreams, how could you discuss or consider them when doing so meant you were confessing to devil spirit influence?

It doesn't seem very healthy to suppress the reality of what's really taking place.

Edited by waysider

I had one really weird dream..

everything was in it. Yep.. everything.. my bike I had "chopped" in the sixties.. yeah, we did some silly stuff with bicycles..

and everything else.. all the old electronic junk I'd dragged home from various shops and dumpsters was there..

the two motorcycles I had owned in the past..

and everything else I had come across in this life..

the ex wife.. all the junk she hoarded..

weird, weird, dream.. but I guess it all was "me"..

heh..

Thank you all for your replies. I think it bugs me so much about these dreams because I use to be plagued with nightmares and then I was able to learn how to work with them while I slept so they didn't scare me so much. Alot of my dreams throughout life came true which is always a bit weird. So with the recent dreams that I have had over the last year especially it doesn't really surprise me to see what's really gone on in this particular group but it's still discomforting to dream about it all and then to find out that alot of it's true it's just bizarre, I have to honestly wonder if theres more to them then just me thinking on the situation. Well either way thanks again.

I've been out for 16 years and rarely have my "Way Dreams" (nightmares) anymore but every once in awhile I still have one. My nightmares were almost always the same; I had to go back in-residence. I would cry to my husband that I just couldn't do it again. Of course there were different people involved and different reasons why we were going back in. They were very real and my sorrow and fear seemed very real. I had a lot of these nightmares when we were still involved in TWI because they were always talking about bringing Corps back in for "retraining". As far as I know they did bring some of the Corps back in. I seem to remember the 4th. Corps being in rez. when the 8th. corps were in-rez. So my nightmares were actually based on something that I was afraid might become a reality. Freedom is so sweet!

From what I understand, dreams are merely your mind's method of dealing with unresolved issues.

I've read a couple of scientific books on sleep and dreams and the conclusion there seems to be that sleep is the way the body / soul / mind repairs itself every 24 hours. With the content of dreams if you look at it like the mind and emotions repairing themselves what you dream is simply thought threads and emotions that need to be sorted through for emotional / mental balance.

My dreams at first involved the loss of my children and it took years for the dreams to relax into less horrific stuff. I had to understand that they were normal as time went on and that my life or theirs wasn't actually in danger from some TWI activity.

Most were unreasonable even. When my oldest went to TWI headquarters at the fifth anniversary of her dad's death to visit burial site, I was a mess of worry whether awake or in dreams, but it always involved her calling and saying "what's the problem, this place is great and I'm staying". blink.gif

It's a process, that's for sure.

Not regarding TWI, but then my time in wasn't as traumatic as some. I do agree with chockfull's comments about it being the mind's way of repairing and healing. I had someone who interjected themselves into my life 37 years after a very traumatic breakup - acting as though it were no big deal - and it probably wasn't to him. On the other hand my last therapist indicated to me that my initial response as a teenage was probably PTS. During this reacquainting time, my mind went a little nuts as I tried to sort out my emotions. My dreams were vivid and unsettling. I finally got to the point where I felt the best course for me was to confront him.

It didn't go well. He was stunned that I would still be holding all of that against him, much less thinking an apology was appropriate - after all he'd moved on. I walked away thinking what a damaged human being he must be. The dreams went away and so did most of the obsessive aspect of my thoughts around the whole thing.

Edited by Tzaia

• 2 weeks later...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I have a recurring dream every once in a while where all present and former followers of The Way somehow reach a consensus to meet one last time to say good-bye. VPW is still alive and Craig is there too. Guess maybe I'm still looking for closure.

Sometimes I have a dream where I'm back in residence after a very long haitus. For some reason I've decided I still want to finish one last year so I can graduate, but I don't believe the stuff anymore. Always in the midst of the dream I realize I can't graduate and that eventually it will come out that I no longer believe what they teach. That one I haven't quite made sense of.