GreaseSpot Cafe

Flashback

goalieredux

A Couple of weeks ago I ran into my former Way Corps "overseers" at the Supermarket. It has been about 8 years since I left TWI. These are the people that told me I was walking out from God's protection and "would surely die" among many other fear motivation speeches. They acted like we were long lost friends. I cringed. There was no escape. I've grown a lot since those days but I still feel like I'd to.....uh. Well anyway I have these fantasies.

I had one Way Corps person contact me via facebook around a year after I left with a short note the said "so.......how's things going?"

I responded with a picture of my family and then told them some of the many good things going on in my life. They never responded. It reminded me that even though they may appear nice, the underlying motivation is still the same. After all, if I'm outside the household then God's protection is gone from me. And if they love me anyway I may just come back....ROFL!! NEVER. I would sooner feed my right arm to wild dogs then go back into that cult with all their brain washing, bondage techniques.

A Couple of weeks ago I ran into my former Way Corps "overseers" at the Supermarket. It has been about 8 years since I left TWI. These are the people that told me I was walking out from God's protection and "would surely die" among many other fear motivation speeches. They acted like we were long lost friends. I cringed. There was no escape. I've grown a lot since those days but I still feel like I'd to.....uh. Well anyway I have these fantasies.

I know the feeling. Kinda like meeting a wild animal at the corner where two streets meet..

:biglaugh:

Hahahaha! OMG!!!! Have you considered - perhaps -

that the moment they saw you were still alive (8 years later),....

...they realized that their earlier words had been full of $#!+

and it made them ashamed enough to try to be nice to you?

There is one "pristine" way family whose members I run across about twice a year.. however, intuitively and in solid evidence I know things aren't what they appear.

"Hey there *joe*.."

"well hello"

how's the family?

Fine, fine..

and you?

everything's peachy..

considering he never has a clue about my situation.. even as it was around the time I was out of da ministry..

either these folks don't care.. or are seriously suffering from memory loss..

so I just back away, slowly..

I'm nice. I don't want them to embarass themselves trying to cast devils out of me at the supermarket or something..

so I just back away, slowly..

I'm nice. I don't want them to embarass themselves trying to cast devils out of me at the supermarket or something..

It is funny, because it is so true. . . . that made me laugh . . . a lot.

Heh..

well, it's true I guess.. more fun watching them stumble over their *in depth* *spiritual?* perception and awareness..

considering they have no idea who they are talking to at the moment..

a moment in history. a chance to confront a maniacal Squirrel.. a fiendish poster at Greasespot Cafe..

Edited by Ham

It almost just motivates you to put on some headphones, crank up the Pearl Jam, and sing at the top of your lungs.....

Oh I, oh, I'm still alive Hey, I, I, oh, I'm still alive Hey I, oh, I'm still alive

i do what i can to keep myself focussed on my tasks at hand whenever i'm in a situation that i might run into somebody from the way international that i ever knew because only one of two things has ever happened in such a situation for me, and it was never just "uncomfortable" but a real emotional trip because i usually run into a perpetrator or a co-victim, and the perps usually turn around and "walk real fast" while looking over their shoulders because i've got a huge "bone to pick" with them, and the co-victims and i just look at each other and re-live too many things.

It almost just motivates you to put on some headphones, crank up the Pearl Jam, and sing at the top of your lungs.....

Oh I, oh, I'm still alive Hey, I, I, oh, I'm still alive Hey I, oh, I'm still alive

Funny thing is I really feel I'm over the whole TWI thing and good to go with God. Really paid some heavy dues transitioning out but just the thought of those people and how I allowed them to manipulate my very essence makes me clench my teeth and think postal thoughts. It also reminds me that: I WAS ONE OF THEM!

Funny thing is I really feel I'm over the whole TWI thing and good to go with God. Really paid some heavy dues transitioning out but just the thought of those people and how I allowed them to manipulate my very essence makes me clench my teeth and think postal thoughts. It also reminds me that: I WAS ONE OF THEM!

Living well is still the best revenge.

I hoped that you informed them that they were not only wrong but WAY wrong -- you are still alive and doing well

Hahahaha! OMG!!!! Have you considered - perhaps -

that the moment they saw you were still alive (8 years later),....

...they realized that their earlier words had been full of $#!+

and it made them ashamed enough to try to be nice to you?

It doesn't work that way. They never think they're wrong when it comes to "standing with the Ministry". They will find something, anything about you to shake their heads over and go "tsk, tsk, tsk, she's so tricked." If you had a good job with a decent income they would say you're into money. If you live humbly they would say you are falling short of your calling. If you're going to a church or something that really fulfills you, they would say you're mind is given over to devil spirits. It goes on and on and on. Speaking for myself, it took an actual catastrophic event to snap me out of it. I'm lumping TWI and the splinter groups together on this. I had to realize my life wasn't working and the direction I was going was headed toward a trainwreck. So I pulled back on the stick and got out of there. I was involved with that stuff for 20 years.

Until that time, I was one of those self-righteous Corps grads shaking my head and waving my finger, like I had any idea about anything regarding reality.

Edited by erkjohn

It doesn't work that way. They never think they're wrong when it comes to "standing with the Ministry". They will find something, anything about you to shake their heads over and go "tsk, tsk, tsk, she's so tricked." If you had a good job with a decent income they would say you're into money. If you live humbly they would say you are falling short of your calling. If you're going to a church or something that really fulfills you, they would say you're mind is given over to devil spirits. It goes on and on and on. Speaking for myself, it took an actual catastrophic event to snap me out of it. I'm lumping TWI and the splinter groups together on this. I had to realize my life wasn't working and the direction I was going was headed toward a trainwreck. So I pulled back on the stick and got out of there. I was involved

with that stuff for 20 years.

Until that time, I was one of those self-righteous Corps grads shaking my head and waving my finger, like I had any idea about anything regarding reality.

Boy Erk You really hit it on the nose! The thing is I'd have more respect for them if they'd just act the way I know they think. How do I know what they think? Because I used to think like them. I'm sure they use me as an example. I think of all the bad advise they gave me and my former wife concerning everything from selling a beautiful house long before its time to "get out of debt" to not having my autistic son treated but instead "using the rod". OK... Blood Boiling Gotta Stop, Breathe,Breathe

They used to reprove us about my daughter walking too much on the edge when it came to obeying.. but she turned into a beautiful honor student athlete with a great attitude and independence instead of a "stepford child of god"

I need to chillax. It's over and we're all all right.

Boy Erk You really hit it on the nose! The thing is I'd have more respect for them if they'd just act the way I know they think. How do I know what they think? Because I used to think like them. I'm sure they use me as an example. I think of all the bad advise they gave me and my former wife concerning everything from selling a beautiful house long before its time to "get out of debt" to not having my autistic son treated but instead "using the rod". OK... Blood Boiling Gotta Stop, Breathe,Breathe

They used to reprove us about my daughter walking too much on the edge when it came to obeying.. but she turned into a beautiful honor student athlete with a great attitude and independence instead of a "stepford child of god"

I need to chillax. It's over and we're all all right.

Glad things turned out well for you! :wave: