GreaseSpot Cafe

A Group on Facebook

cheranne

Think about it. You could have The Way without 4 crucified or the 6 denials or "Eli, Eli---" or a multitude of other things. But not SIT. Nope. It wouldn't be The Way without SIT. And the irony of it all is that VPW, the chief proponent of speaking in tongues, had a "tongue" that consisted of about 6 or 7 words that he simply recycled when the occasion called for it.

Lo shanta la maka see tay :rolleyes:

And then there's the mashed potato analogy.

"Gotta feed the Christ in you with spiritual mashed potatoes to make him big and strong."

Gee, I thought Christ in you was supposed to represent the limitless power of God.

How's come you need to do something (or anything) to make him big and strong?

• Upvote 1

Oh, along those lines, let's not forget that according to Romans that all born again received the same measure of holy spirit. If I make mine big and strong wouldn't I have more? The body building analogy really crumbles since that's all about adding more muscle.

Oh, along those lines, let's not forget that according to Romans that all born again received the same measure of holy spirit. If I make mine big and strong wouldn't I have more? The body building analogy really crumbles since that's all about adding more muscle.

Excellent!

Which only confuses the spiritually mature in WAY-Ville. OMG, I think I may have just invented a new FB app based loosely on farmville.

Think about it. You could have The Way without 4 crucified or the 6 denials or "Eli, Eli---" or a multitude of other things. But not SIT. Nope. It wouldn't be The Way without SIT. And the irony of it all is that VPW, the chief proponent of speaking in tongues, had a "tongue" that consisted of about 6 or 7 words that he simply recycled when the occasion called for it.

Lo shanta la maka see tay :rolleyes:

You forgot alla mah sheenta kah shant-aye. That's 11 words! Accuracy is essential because it all must fit with a mathematical ineptness and scientific derision! It all fits like a foot in a mouth.

Say...could you tell me where you found that, maybe give me a link?

I'm not sure about the links. It may have shown up in one of the discussions centered around CF&S, although, it was not in the class, itself. There are several people who currently post here that were present when he made these statements. (ergo>>>1st hand testimony)

edit: That doesn't necessarily mean he actually did it. But, why would he say these things in front of an entire group of people?

Edited by waysider

It wouldn't be The Way without SIT.

After listening to an offshoot class discuss SIT, and after giving it a good-faith effort after which I reported moderate success, my EWF was very excited and declared me "born again". To her, SIT was the main criteria, the critical indicator of the new birth.

P.S. CES/STF had a phone number you could call if you needed "technical support" (my characterization) on SIT. I thought that was kinda weird. ("Having trouble with your SIT? Give us a call!")

• Upvote 1

We need a Greasespot Cafe presence on FB!!! Really!!!

Cold chills came all over me when I saw that page. I had to look. It only took a couple of minutes and I quickly left the page.

I am so thankful for GS and Waydale opening my eyes to the REAL THE WAY INTERNATIONAL. I feel sorry for most of the peons. I was one once. I truly believed that this was the one and only true ministry. I make myself remember what I told my sister when she told me about Martindale. Remember, I had been out of The Way for a number of years. I told her it was a trick of the adversary!!!! My heart goes out to these people who have spent their entire adult lives (some longer) in twi. They were and are tricked just like I was once.

Shell, I thought about joining and putting my thoughts there. Thanks for saving me the hassle!!!

Great Idea! The more exposure the better to warn people. There is the group "CULTS' I admin ,in which we talk about ALL Cults.

Suzie Vandergrift Bliss

Thomas Henry Smith

Chia Mandry

Jay Dennis (creator)

The entire facebook profile is about Wierwille. Don't eat lunch yet and check it out your own self. I've already had my hands slapped for not agreeing w/ them and my posts deleted. That's ok, probably will do it again.

I think T H Smith exaggerated his educational background and maybe more on his fb profile.

P.S. CES/STF had a phone number you could call if you needed "technical support" (my characterization) on SIT. I thought that was kinda weird. ("Having trouble with your SIT? Give us a call!")

Which is interesting considering the de-emphasizing of SIT in CES - at least at the local fellowships closest to the home offices. However, they were really into prophecy.