GreaseSpot Cafe

A Group on Facebook

cheranne

Privacy is an illusion. Period. By the time one has been issued a birth certificate, it's too late to absolutely ensure one's privacy in life.

As much as I would like a publicly available profile on FB, I won't do it because I can no longer control what information outside sources can see. Since I can't control it all, I don't make any of it public. Ironically, within FB, what people can see is under my control.

Charlene - even though you've deactivated your account, it is still there just waiting with all your information intact. An account on FB never goes away - not even when you die.

Edited by Tzaia

Privacy is an illusion. Period. By the time one has been issued a birth certificate, it's too late to absolutely ensure one's privacy in life.

As much as I would like a publicly available profile on FB, I won't do it because I can no longer control what information outside sources can see. Since I can't control it all, I don't make any of it public. Ironically, within FB, what people can see is under my control.

Charlene - even though you've deactivated your account, it is still there just waiting with all your information intact. An account on FB never goes away - not even when you die.

Yes, I am aware of that. For me, I wanted no more additional info added to it. Why keep giving free info about myself and my life. I don't have any idea how they are using it. IMO, FB is not transparent. They have info on me but I have no info on "the man behind the curtain." I think it's a lopsided system.

• 1 month later...

But, the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance..let us speak of these things, now, that IS getting a life...

Ya,??....and please explain how this fits in the context of a Facebook group? Thanks in advance.

But, the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance..let us speak of these things, now, that IS getting a life...

Is that verse exclusionary? Does it mean that's ALL we should speak of?

Is that verse exclusionary? Does it mean that's ALL we should speak of?

I was just wondering if those are things that are inherent in the new nature as talked about in the Bible? or things we talk about?....Perhaps we get to play whack-an-innie again.

now, that IS getting a life...

You'll know you are "getting a life" when you finally accept that Pollyanna was a fictional character and life doesn't always go on "happily ever after".

But you learn to make the best of it anyway.

But you learn to make the best of it anyway.

Or you try, and swing by and do a drive-by at da Spot to make yourself feel a little better. :biglaugh:

Edited by OldSkool

Dude, in your drive-by you misquoted Galatians.

After listing the fruit of the spirit, nowhere in that section of scriptures does the quote "let us speak of these things" appear. It does say "against such is no law". The 4 verses directly preceding the fruit of the spirit is listed the works of the flesh, being adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like. The 17 works of the flesh.

What's hilarious to me is that you have so many of these brainwashed people that don't like it when we are exposing the works of the flesh evident within the inner circles of TWI, but instead would have us sweep that under the carpet in favor of only speaking of the fruit of the spirit. I'll speak of the fruit of the spirit where it is evident, which is far, far away from the inner circles of leadership in TWI. Here - let's just take one example. Envyings. So many of TWI leadership is so full of political posturing and jockeying for positions of power, maintaining their little positions of power, and just acting like little Napoleans. Envyings are at the root of this. The works of the flesh, evident right before your eyes.

What's hilarious is people are so blind they will quote one section of scripture, want you to focus on this only, and ignore the preceding 4 verses in the same section!!!

The brain, you can wash it but you can't dress it up and take it out.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

We need a Greasespot Cafe presence on FB!!! Really!!!

Cold chills came all over me when I saw that page. I had to look. It only took a couple of minutes and I quickly left the page.

I am so thankful for GS and Waydale opening my eyes to the REAL THE WAY INTERNATIONAL. I feel sorry for most of the peons. I was one once. I truly believed that this was the one and only true ministry. I make myself remember what I told my sister when she told me about Martindale. Remember, I had been out of The Way for a number of years. I told her it was a trick of the adversary!!!! My heart goes out to these people who have spent their entire adult lives (some longer) in twi. They were and are tricked just like I was once.

Shell, I thought about joining and putting my thoughts there. Thanks for saving me the hassle!!!

I can't find the group anymore? Hmmmmmmm I guess I have been BANNISHED out of it onto the

land of flying pigs! :cryhug_1_:

All I said was they should read "LOSING THE WAY" BY Kristen Skedgell and then tell me what they think of the man(Dr. Fat Rat) :evildenk:

• 3 months later...

This old lame brain is tired of all your conversations, accusing or excusing, the Way, DR VP, and whatever else feeds your bitterness....you are such an intellectual group and have so much education, but, the things you seem to lack are, kindness, courtesy, manners, respect, love, forgiveness. Golly Gee, I said in my best Polly Anna voice......that seems to be enough to keep you guys busy, instaed of playing the vulture routine of picking over dead mens bones.....

This old lame brain is tired of all your conversations, accusing or excusing, the Way, DR VP, and whatever else feeds your bitterness....you are such an intellectual group and have so much education, but, the things you seem to lack are, kindness, courtesy, manners, respect, love, forgiveness. Golly Gee, I said in my best Polly Anna voice......that seems to be enough to keep you guys busy, instaed of playing the vulture routine of picking over dead mens bones.....

Hey Joe,

You're right. It is very lame to sum up what occurs on this website as either accusing or excusing TWI and VPW to feed some kind of bitterness. That kind of lameness is typically experienced in a brainwashed environment where the boundaries established by the group make it an absolute taboo to question activities of the leadership of the group.

No, a much more accurate depiction would be akin to the corporate whistle blowers in several of this last decades corporate headlines - someone alerted attention to Enron execs, Haliburton, and the activities of the recent financial organizations who were bailed out, still carrying on the status quo with airplanes, expensive retreats, high salaries while being bailed out.

But I'm sure that the corporate whistle blowers also were accused of lacking kindness, courtesy, manners, respect, love, forgiveness. The Bible teaches to give respect where respect is due. It does not teach to blindly give respect in spite of respect not being due. Also, a key tenet to forgiveness is someone has to ask for it. TWI and its leadership are notorious for acting as if they are never wrong. In such they have not asked anyone for forgiveness. They certainly haven't asked me.

And sure - you can talk about a vulture routine of picking over dead man's bones. However, on the flip side of that, there's the activities of the current BOD of TWI, which is playing the whited sepulchre routine of whitewashing a dead man's image and using it to drive another generation of blind robot followers.

And now, as Paul Harvey says, you have the other side of the story. Good day.

Hey Joe,

You're right. It is very lame to sum up what occurs on this website as either accusing or excusing TWI and VPW to feed some kind of bitterness. That kind of lameness is typically experienced in a brainwashed environment where the boundaries established by the group make it an absolute taboo to question activities of the leadership of the group.

No, a much more accurate depiction would be akin to the corporate whistle blowers in several of this last decades corporate headlines - someone alerted attention to Enron execs, Haliburton, and the activities of the recent financial organizations who were bailed out, still carrying on the status quo with airplanes, expensive retreats, high salaries while being bailed out.

But I'm sure that the corporate whistle blowers also were accused of lacking kindness, courtesy, manners, respect, love, forgiveness. The Bible teaches to give respect where respect is due. It does not teach to blindly give respect in spite of respect not being due. Also, a key tenet to forgiveness is someone has to ask for it. TWI and its leadership are notorious for acting as if they are never wrong. In such they have not asked anyone for forgiveness. They certainly haven't asked me.

And sure - you can talk about a vulture routine of picking over dead man's bones. However, on the flip side of that, there's the activities of the current BOD of TWI, which is playing the whited sepulchre routine of whitewashing a dead man's image and using it to drive another generation of blind robot followers.

And now, as Paul Harvey says, you have the other side of the story. Good day.

I like the whistle blower analogy.

Friendlyjoe, just remember that everyone has a right (like you do) to their story of their TWI experience. There are always more than two sides to every story, and it's up to us as adults to get all the information about something in order to make sound decisions for ourselves. Isn't that part of being educated? Sometimes that involves facing facts we don't like but might need to know for our own good. In my view, TWI has propagandized since its inception on a variety of topics and so I'm interested in sorting through it to cut through the hype of it and discover the nature of the system I was in for so long. It's not called a cult for no reason.

Cheers.

Edited by penworks

This old lame brain is tired

maybe you should have left it at that..

I think your post is typical of way black and white thinking. If one shuts their mouth, they are meek or humble or something..

if one speaks up about ungodliness, they are bitter..

one or the other..

sixty some years old? Kinda old for one dimensional thinking, wouldn't you think?

Edited by Ham
  • Upvote 1

Well, I went and looked at all the members. That little stroll down memory lane has given me a bowel complaint. :(

Saw one girl who attends the high school my son graduated from (don't know her, he graduated in 2001), a couple of fellow fellowlaborers, couple of former limb leaders and whoopy-do important people, etc.

Saw a boatload of folks stuck on stupid.

I will never again get myself into a situation where a human being is placed above Christ in veneration and attention. THANK YOU GOD for getting me out of that freakin' mess!

Amen!