GreaseSpot Cafe

A Group on Facebook

cheranne

edit: That doesn't necessarily mean he actually did it. But, why would he say these things in front of an entire group of people?

I never heard him make these comments. I would just be surprised that he would not have taken liberties with his own daughters and other family members based on how he conducted himself sexually with the rest of the community around him. I have never heard of a pedophile, however, admitting his activities in front of witnesses. That's really different. Then that same group of people would just listen and nod, and say nothing. Wow, talk about spellbound! I believe he could have been arrested if people would have testified to what they heard.

I have never heard of a pedophile, however, admitting his activities in front of witnesses. That's really different.

Then that same group of people would just listen and nod, and say nothing. Wow, talk about spellbound!

I believe he could have been arrested if people would have testified to what they heard.

Yep. Quite right.

It was "closed corporation". Corps, and all that. I think he was testing the waters. One or two of the young ladies present became sickened by the thought, excused themselves and went to the ladies room. There was also the time that he brought a 15 year old mini-corps girl to the front of the group so he could show her a sexually oriented pen. I don't know if he was a pedophile. He was a sexual predator, though, and had a preference for young women. It wasn't beneath him to slip them date rape drugs if he thought it would further his mission. There are those who will excuse such accounts as hearsay. It's not. It's first hand testimony of people who were present.

It was "closed corporation". Corps, and all that. I think he was testing the waters. One or two of the young ladies present became sickened by the thought, excused themselves and went to the ladies room. There was also the time that he brought a 15 year old mini-corps girl to the front of the group so he could show her a sexually oriented pen. I don't know if he was a pedophile. He was a sexual predator, though, and had a preference for young women. It wasn't beneath him to slip them date rape drugs if he thought it would further his mission. There are those who will excuse such accounts as hearsay. It's not. It's first hand testimony of people who were present.

Thanks for the info. Waysider. How sickening. I would say that having sex with underrage girls qualifies as pedophilia, but I'm no legal expert. I guess definitions are secondary anyway. His actions are sick. And to think we referred to him as our "Father in the Word", or, "the Man of God for our day and time". How sick.

Edited by erkjohn
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the info. Waysider. How sickening. I would say that having sex with underrage girls qualifies as pedophilia, but I'm no legal expert. I guess definitions are secondary anyway. His actions are sick. And to think we referred to him as our "Father in the Word", or, "the Man of God for our day and time". How sick.

Don't beat yourself up. Did you know about this when you referred to him in this manner? Probably not. What would be sick is continuing to do so after hearing about it. Personally, I thought the adulation for him and leadership bordered on idolatry, but I don't tend to get that sort of thing.

See, the thing is, it's not just another FB page that happens to be built around the Way experience. It's built explicitly around VPW. He's the focal point. If someone built a page around Dahmer or Manson or Jones, we would see right through the absurdity. But, here we have hundreds of people carrying on about how some guy who was a drunken, psychopathic, narcissistic, sexual predator, who drugged and raped young women, is some kind of role model to admire and emulate. Their "father in the word" their "dad in the ministry". And they fawn over "the rightly divided" this and that without ever stopping to define exactly what that even means. Here is a guy who literally ripped off the works of several other people and pretended it was his own. Does he get a page exposing his deeds? No, he gets a page that heaps laurels on his so-called accomplishments. It borders on insanity. It sickens me to think about it.

Well, that's the mission of GSC.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Well, I would say effective mission then. GSC has helped me way back when I would lurk to see what was happening. I was corpse then too...lol! Many lurkers there are.

Well, that's the mission of GSC.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

I agree. In my view it would be redundant to have a FB page for GSC. Besides, if you're like me and read up about FB, you know there are plenty of privacy, security, etc. issues with it. I deactivated my page there last Dec. - my personal choice. Has anyone else here read Jaron Lanier's recent book, You Are Not a Gadget? Very thought-provoking along these lines. He coined the phrase and is the "father" of virtual reality.

BTW - It is interesting that without having an active FB account, I can still access FB pages from links which are posted here or from other sources who send me links to FB pages...so much for security...if however I try to go directly to the FB main page, though, I have to sign in, which I cannot do at present. Go figure...

I agree. In my view it would be redundant to have a FB page for GSC. Besides, if you're like me and read up about FB, you know there are plenty of privacy, security, etc. issues with it. I deactivated my page there last Dec. - my personal choice. Has anyone else here read Jaron Lanier's recent book, You Are Not a Gadget? Very thought-provoking along these lines. He coined the phrase and is the "father" of virtual reality.

BTW - It is interesting that without having an active FB account, I can still access FB pages from links which are posted here or from other sources who send me links to FB pages...so much for security...if however I try to go directly to the FB main page, though, I have to sign in, which I cannot do at present. Go figure...

The ability to see some pages on fb is due to the privacy setting for that person's (or group or whatever) links being set to allow everybody. The only "main" page facebook has, in my understanding, is each member's home page for his or her profile. So, for you to go to a main page, you would have to have a profile to sign in to... and since you don't that's why you can't... does that make sense?

Well he may be :rolleyes:, but he's not tha HOGDAFAT!.... :dance:

Perhaps he's a close second..

:biglaugh:

that is all.

Oh, the irony of it all..

sowie.. with me it never seems to ring "true" that is *all*..

the ironic part of it..

herr vicster, ended up being "done" by a.... WOMAN..

hah.

Junior too..

really.. get over it fella..

it's just what happens..

naw.. not that simple. Lets just regroup, and conquer the world..

sheesh.

I just wish you would not include your offspring in this crusade.. you really don't have the right..

I had to deal with another human being regarding this..

the *WOMAN* took the house, the vehicle, and the fancy stereo..

really.. FRIEND. GET OVER IT..

rosie isn't going to give you back the farm, the prestige and the million dollar sound system..

Mr. Rocky. God Bless you friend. Please forward this message to the appropriate party..

won't listen to me, maybe he'll listen to someone else..

I just wish he could have said something that was original.

What an ingrate! >>snicker<< ...And after all the time VPW spent stealing all that material,... and working it into a ... (n/m) ...well he did work awful hard to make it seem as if he did it All,... by himself, and that took considerable effort! Some people just don't appreciate all the hard work thieves go to,... yeah,... ...well, there you have it! dance.gif

and I don't want to hear the same crap about "boundaries".. pa invited me. Taught me your damned dialect..

vote me out publically, and I'll just go away.. never say another thing.

friggin morons..

I'm waiting.. not *anxiously* by any means..

The ability to see some pages on fb is due to the privacy setting for that person's (or group or whatever) links being set to allow everybody. The only "main" page facebook has, in my understanding, is each member's home page for his or her profile. So, for you to go to a main page, you would have to have a profile to sign in to... and since you don't that's why you can't... does that make sense?

Yes, thanks.

In this morning's Los Angeles Times, an timely article about Facebook was published: http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-0428-senators-facebook-m,0,1985749.story?track=rss