GreaseSpot Cafe

New TWI bumper sticker!

bliss

Not sure which thread Oldskool mentioned all the Corps etc...living on such meager wages and using gov't benefits...(and encouraged to do so!!)

So, when I saw recent pictures from the State wide meeting in *** i just had to share......

I thought, how IRONIC (but, not really..) is one of their new bumper stickers.

It reads:

My Sufficiency

GOD NOT GOVERNMENT

www.theway.org

wacko.gif

And, you know, back in the day, if a branch decided to have a big picnic or clam bake and needed to defray costs, they weren't even allowed to have car washes or bake sales. Couldn't have the unbelievers thinking that blessings didn't just fall out of the sky at our command, now, could we?

da way.. is among those who are the wallymart of Christianity..

they offer cut roses, on aisle five.. grown in the heart on India (it should be) farmland..

religion met the devil.. they courted briefly, and got married..

heh..

what is ironic here..

da way denies the god that gives them sustenance..

:biglaugh:

it's more than that.. they seem to curse their "god"..

well.. what can I say.

Some day, they will figure a way to collect student loans from the dead.. (me) :biglaugh:

I'll say something like.. no problem. Lotsa money here.. just take it out of my Social Security or something..

:biglaugh:

Let's see Rosie put it to the test.

Leave HQ with $200 in her pocket and no access to other funds, and the clothes on her back and whatever she can carry in a small backpack. In the backpack she may take a Bible of any size she prefers. She must work no more than 20hrs/week and she must demonstrate that, by her own initiative and due to her own efforts and believing, she leads an abundant lifestyle. She may not borrow from anyone, and she not claim state benefits.

After 12 months, she may have really learned whether God is her sufficiency...or whether the stockpile of funds at HQ is...:evilshades:

God Not Government ????!!!!!

Hilarious!!!!

TWI basically is showing their hypocrisy right out in the open for all to see!! They could have chosen ANYTHING for a bumper sticker. However they chose this!!!

Let's examine:

1) Current organizational leadership structure - God or Government? They moved from a "Board of Trustee" arrangement to a "Board of Directors" arrangement due to this being a more normal 501c organizational structure in the eyes of the government - so as not to raise any red flags with their tax exempt status.

2) Lawsuits - God or Government? When faced with illicit sexual behavior, did they act morally out of a sense of God and His laws? No, they took NO action until forced to by a government judicial arm issuing threat of legal consequence. This practice is continued - they take NO action until the threat of legal action forces them to.

3) HQ Staff Policies - God or Government? Many places here it is highlighted how Frau Q-tip - whole lotta Rosie prefers "the old days" where Staff were not required to be paid minimum wage, where additional responsibilities were assigned, where they were not required to abide by a Staff Handbook policy on sexual and other harassment. Government - Law changed this. Also, as noted here at GS, they "counsel" people with medical needs to go to the government to get them met through WIC and other welfare programs, rather than the BOD believing God for proper medical coverage for their Staff people.

4) Mark and Avoid / Probation / Ex-Communication - God or Government? This has gone on since the beginning of TWI. People are placed on probation for one year. This coincidentally corresponds to the statute of limitations in most states for people being able to take legal action against them for slander and libel.

5) ABS Processes - God or Government? Quarterly people are sent charitable giving slips which serve as proof of contributions for the IRS. On these forms, they state "the government requires us to inform you that you are not receiving any tangible exchange for your contributions". O Rly?????? Well then if God is your sufficiency and not Government, and you don't believe that, then remove it from your letters.

The bumper sticker is a cute little slogan. Unfortunately like so much else of the Bible, TWI and especially their leadership headed up by the BOD doesn't practice what they preach and do not live the Bible.

• Upvote 1