GreaseSpot Cafe

VeePee's Head?

teachmevp

Are you talking about the little bronze statue of the great mog himself? That's the only thing I can remember them selling to folks on the field...

IIRC,

first they made a big, ugly bronze statue of vpw for the auditorium.

THEN they made smaller versions for people to buy for their homes.

On the one hand, the obvious contradiction between twi pushing that

idolatry is wrong, images are wrong, blah blah blah, lcm running off at

the mouth about it- then they put these out. My sense of right and wrong

was offended pretty fast.

On the other hand, I couldn't get VERY angry because the things were so

freaking ugly, I thought being in the presence of one of those would be

its own punishment.

I'm pretty sure that was the only thing like that-unless you count the

photos of the bod for displaying at home.

For that matter, that was pretty creepy, too....

I'm pretty sure that was the only thing like that-unless you count the

photos of the bod for displaying at home.

For that matter, that was pretty creepy, too....

I personally always enjoyed the individual wallet sized photographs of the bod. It's like saying "for those times when you just can't make it home to stare at your dashboard brass VPW or wall photo, and just need to stop in the middle of the work day and whip those babies out to gaze admirably and thank God you know them".

No creepy ego involved there. :blink:

What if they make a head of that leader lady Rosie chick of the way, that would be a whole lot of bronze, how would they suport the earlobs?

Maybe the church of Mad would sue the way, that leader lady Rosie chick of the way, does kinda look like she has a twin?

Edited by teachmevp

i was not around when the actual veepee head was distributed, but i do think an eye would be good -- ohgod i'm sorry for being so whatever

but after listening to them for years talking about statues and relics, etc., it does seem quite hypocritical

veepee, i think they should have made a statue of something smaller for you -- dear god forgive me -- lol

• Upvote 1

Building with that spirit material, cost big bucks; sell little heads to spirit people, get spirit bucks to buy spirit material, spirit people can't see all that spirit material, spirit bucks goes into pocket of the spirit bucks person?

At the time when I read that letter about VeePee's, i would have bought one, but that is why I didn't get one, 200 bucks I did not have to spare, thanks for sharing that with us, I bet you got some cool stuff in your attic?

I appreciated the bronze thingy because it was the first time I recall having such a good laugh after having left TWI. It was just so idiotic! He looked like Mr. Bill with a Bible.

You know some poor schmoe on staff or in the Corps came up with the idea and never got paid a dime for it but TWI sold it and put money in the coffers. That damned thing was so ugly.