GreaseSpot Cafe

Bribery

waysider

Martindale says that these gifts are bringing in devil spirits :evilshades:

Lions...Tigers and Bears ....Oh My, they entire thing is a joke! These people could no

more disern a debil spirit if it jumped up and slapped them in the face! :realmad:

There whole "so called ministry"is based on a LIE ! Give me a break :confused:

Thanks Waysider. :eusa_clap:

Favorite quote...

"Some of you still have stuck in the back of your minds that evil, possessed statement John Townsend made at Corps Fellowship when the Patriarch was dumped: "Dr. Wierwille never meant for the money to come to Headquarters. He meant for it to stay in the states, and we decide on the state-level how to spend it." That was a lie. The Trustees saw that the adversary is too sharp, too tough. People cannot possibly make sound decisions in this jungle of the love of money as the root of all evil."

Wow, to put forth the hand, would be looked upon as bribery in away? Cheating someone out of their believing by putting forth the hand?

To give someone a bed, because their is one in the shed, that would be like bribing someone not to sleep on the floor; but the way, give your money, show your believing before Yahweh, you can have a water bed?

Edited by teachmevp

The first thing Dr. Wierwille ever taught us about how spirits move in terms of burn the chaff is regarding inanimate objects.

Not really. The first thing he taught us is a few decent Biblical principles. This spirits stuff didn't come in till waaaay later.

No Sugar Daddies.

Anyone see the conflict where he expected grandparents to pay for things that their parents were unable to afford because they were paid on a "needs" basis? And where he expected those same people to claim state and other benefits - eg for health care? And...what about "spiritual partners" who were supposed to help in rez Corps - and (bless 'em) they frequently did, by providing what the $30/month did not cover.

I remember him yelling that no Way believer should ever claim state benefits. God was bigger than that! Once you got entangled with the government benefits scheme, they had their hooks into you and you would never escape. (It was to do with the amount of information they required from you...but, hey, think about the amount of info the government already has...!)

Some of you still have stuck in the back of your minds that evil, possessed statement John Townsend made at Corps Fellowship when the Patriarch was dumped: "Dr. Wierwille never meant for the money to come to Headquarters. He meant for it to stay in the states, and we decide on the state-level how to spend it." That was a lie. The Trustees saw that the adversary is too sharp, too tough. People cannot possibly make sound decisions in this jungle of the love of money as the root of all evil.

See.....the TRUSTEES know what's best. They can sniff out those pesky debbil spurts and help twi walk the straight and narrow path. The blind were in charge.

Craig, Don and Howard went out in a blaze of glory......crashing and burning.

The cloak of greed that is talked about in that letter, the cloak of greed, cloaked Martindale, Don and Howard out in a blaze of glory; the cloak of greed shot them down in flames?

This jungle of the love of money as the root of all evil, Yikes, the twigs could have helped their people out better, no red tape?

Edited by teachmevp

"Someone will offer you a gift and you’ll say,'Well Rev. Martindale doesn’t want us taking those anymore.' I’ll fire you as soon as I hear about it. If you don’t agree with me on this, get out of my ministry."

MY ministry?

Now I know why my limb coordinator's wife got so angry with me when I bought her kid an icecream when we were at the mall one day on a witnessing gig... (the daughter was the other half of my two by two).

Geez. Devil Spirit flavored Ice Cream...

"Someone will offer you a gift and you’ll say,'Well Rev. Martindale doesn’t want us taking those anymore.' I’ll fire you as soon as I hear about it. If you don’t agree with me on this, get out of my ministry."

MY ministry?

Perhaps The Forehead stating this sort of thing is why Rosalie feels the need to EMPHASIZE REPEATEDLY that "This is Gawd's ministry!" ??

Not really. The first thing he taught us is a few decent Biblical principles. This spirits stuff didn't come in till waaaay later.

Anyone see the conflict where he expected grandparents to pay for things that their parents were unable to afford because they were paid on a "needs" basis? And where he expected those same people to claim state and other benefits - eg for health care? And...what about "spiritual partners" who were supposed to help in rez Corps - and (bless 'em) they frequently did, by providing what the $30/month did not cover.

I remember him yelling that no Way believer should ever claim state benefits. God was bigger than that! Once you got entangled with the government benefits scheme, they had their hooks into you and you would never escape. (It was to do with the amount of information they required from you...but, hey, think about the amount of info the government already has...!)

I don't know about the "few decent Biblical Principles", but back in my day (before they invented false teeth) LCM used to yell about how parents should provide a higher education for their children. In those days that mostly meant corps tuition. Parents, not grandparents. I guess after hitting up their parents for corps tuition, these kids became parents themselves on staff. Then suddenly it became grandparents being responsible. I guess there weren't as many grandparents on staff. I mean, this gets more and more ridiculous the more you look at it.

As far as him yelling about how no Way believer should claim state benefits, that's what I remember and that was still the state of things when I left. I was let go from a job and it was quite a while before I could get myself even to apply for unemployment insurance. I didn't want to see my 5-year-old have to eat grass. Still, I felt guilty doing it. I was shocked to find that TWI actually encourages people to live off of government benefits and medicaid. Quite a turnaround of events.

To be clear, I am not criticizing those who for whatever reasons receive government assistance. I'm talking strictly about TWI's double-talk.

Edited by erkjohn

When we were at Rome City, if you needed health care that the goo from the brown bottle (Bentonite?) wouldn't cure, you had to go to a special doctor and I think apply for Medicaid benefits. Obviously, real medical care was discouraged. I've always wondered if the raging mystery disease I got, which was very likely the initial disorder that led to an auto-immune reaction that led to insulin dependent diabetes, could have been avoided entirely if I'd been allowed to see a real physician.

Fast forward a year or so. The female half of our twig coordinators had to have some "female" surgery. While we are castigated up one side and down the other for paying off my medical bill by the month, she cheerfully writes HER debt off to Medicaid, even bragging about it. We were ordered to sell our stock in the Fortune 100 company my husband had worked for to pay off the debt all at once. Never did anyone ever suggest Medicaid, nor would we have utilized that service. But the inequity of the same little bustard BL toward her, a WC grad, and us, lowly and unworthy peons, still rankles my sense of justice.

WG

They don’t believe that abundant sharing is the best investment of their money they could possibly make. Why gamble in the stock market, when the greatest investment, return, is sharing their abundance with The Way Ministry? The greatest return, documented, comes back with their investment in The Way Ministry. Yet people don’t really believe that. I think some of this is why they still don’t believe it yet, because you’re allowing the adversary to still cut their blessings off. I think this is the greatest reason why we don’t see the signs and wonders we should be seeing. It’s financial lying.

Hmmmmmm....... DOCUMENTED?? Seriously?

And isn't that $54,000,000.00 mostly tied up in STOCKS?

Good thing Rosie wasn't paying attention in this meeting - she was probably playing footsie under the table with Donna.:knuddel:

Hmmmmmm....... DOCUMENTED?? Seriously?

And isn't that $54,000,000.00 mostly tied up in STOCKS?

Ha! Great points JJ!

I think it may be closer to $26 million in 2008, totaling the Short Term Investments and Other Investments lines.

I know one thing. G@ry Fr3d3r1ck invests their money in the stock market. Plus, they have the staff 401k, which is of course a mutual fund.

Following Craig's "logic," Why not just take all that money and abundantly share it to themselves. God's laws would still have to work...no? :anim-smile: