GreaseSpot Cafe

Buck Stove's?

teachmevp

I remember my first walk to the way woods, as I was walking by these nice looking RV's, I asked the guy who helped me in the word, who lives in these RV's, and he said, one of them is some dude that made Buck stoves.

Years later I was asking what happen to this Buck stove dude, and the way in my town got mad about that question; what did Buck do, did the way buck Buck, or did Buck buck the way?

I think people might know some people, but who knows what people they know, but I know who you know, so I am forced to be nice; working at a IHOP teaches one about how things work.

:biglaugh:

So, you know Tony?

:biglaugh:

Ok maybe that was it---

I was thinking maybe because he was some sort of successful businessman or something which was about as rare as a snowball in a blast furnace in TWI at that time which was then peopled with a multitude of cashiers, entry level part timers, and window washers.

I remember years later after that rock in Cheyenne, I asked the dude in charge, Bill and Eve, what happen to that Buck stove dude; Bill stepped back and said, Buck went bankrupt! That was strange the way he said that, like the way had stock in the company or Buck's believing went wrong according to the standard or something like that, thanks for all your help on this.

I am a little foggy on the details of the Buckstove thing, however.....

The time frame was late 70s or very early 80s.

It was suggested that Buck Stove franchises could be a great way to employ believers (installation paid well)

I think it was the pellet stove rather than the later "corn stove" that was being pushed.

Here in Colorado the Sta@da#es (Bill and some of the boys) had a franchise. I am not certain that either Rick or Jamie ever participated, but it does seem possible, mostly about Rick, as the time was right and he was around and ..... money making schemes was Rick's forte. I think Jamie was selling cars at the time, but it is possible he got involved too.

At some point the Buckstove was marketed as Dovestoves. (wonder how they came up with that name :D ?)

Carroll Buckner held the patents on several of the innovative stove designs, and has been successful and whupped several times in his career. A search of his name will reveal some disgruntled customers, but mostly he seems to try to make things right with them. I did meet him once, seemed a likeable fellow. Like many other successful businessmen recruited by TWI, I felt he was being used and abused, and he probably was.

Edited by HAPe4me

Buck is a myth? But I've just heard of him . ..

quick, call Mythbusters-Adam, Jaime, Tory, Grant, and Kari. :smilie_kool_aid::anim-smile::eusa_clap::biglaugh::rolleyes:

I remember going to ROAs in the late 70s/early 80s when the black and gold Buck Stoves motor coach would be parked in the Way Woods ... Carroll Buckner seemed to be the only Way person who ever made enough money AND had the inclination to have what VPW had in the way of housing/travel.

well...maybe its good that they work well should one find themselves camping at home in the backyard for the apocalypse. :biglaugh:

basically an inexpensive all-season indoor/outdoor mostly smokeless stove/oven/heater fueled from trimmings off the hedge...cheap and easy to DIY for everything from campgrounds, resorts and retreats to refugee camps and non-electrical 3rd world life.

i once ate at a school where the students had made rocket stoves as outdoor pizza ovens installed in the faces of animal-shaped mudstone benches...an oven in the mouth...a stove on the head...and a chimney that ran through the body of the bench and back...making for a comfy radiant heater whenever you cook.

Edited by sirguessalot