GreaseSpot Cafe

New President.. who's it to be?

Ham

in less than 10 years there will be no TWI HQ, Rosie will be living in a nursing home and Donna will be walking the streets of St. Mary, the rest of the staff will be fired/made redundant. property is put on the auction block. so, no new President.

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Hello all, new guy here. I sat through the stupid FNC class again (3 people!), and I wasn't even asked. It was assumed I'd participate, apparently being one of the the "workhorse" people. Somehow, other people never get asked for anything, including leading or teaching (rehashing the boring magazine). That's another story, and of the many reasons I'm slowly doing the "fade out" method.

Been having problems lately with the whole "Job's fear caused this calamity to befall him" idea associated with "negative believing". I guess that's what happens when you think for yourself. This has nagged in my mind for some time now.

Anyhow, I was thinking, during the first couple of sessions that are "taught" by Rupp, that this stiff will be the next pres. Gotta toe the VPW-centric line, and he's the one to do it. Like a lot of these people, there's no real person there. Just a well-groomed little sock puppet for them to hold up.

Donna's got the stigma of the last name, too many negative associations with it. They may not want to bring up a last name they worked so hard to eradicate from the ministry.

But I could be wrong.

Welcome to the cafe, Calavicci..

can I call you Al?

:biglaugh:

By all means. That was my favorite show in the early nineties. Bakula and more so Stockwell were brilliant in their roles.

Thought about using "Ziggy", but people might think of the comic strip or David Bowie.

So glad to be here!

Edited by Calavicci

Hello all, new guy here. I sat through the stupid FNC class again (3 people!), and I wasn't even asked. It was assumed I'd participate.

Welcome to the Cafe, Cal! Hope you pull up a chair and stay awhile!

Kind of a ballsy assumption on their part, doncha think? The more you stick around in the way, the more is assumed. Later on, their arguments go like this: "Well why wouldn't you want to ___________" (attend every class you can, attend the STS live in the auditorium week after boring week, drive 5 hours each way once a month so you can attend a boring STS, or increase your ABS at least 3% to 5% each friggin year). My answer: Nunyadambiz, that's why.

Welcome aboard, Calavicci!!

That whole spiel on negative believing / positive believing is complete crap. Once I dropped that belief I was able to enjoy life again without thinking that somehow all of life was being molded by my thoughts.

Matthew 5:44-46 (King James Version)

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

=================

Did you notice the examples of the so-called "LAW" of believing were all

made-up, imaginary people who never could be pointed to as living examples,

and none were in Scripture?

Except the attempts to blame Job (which came from Bullinger), but that's been

proven to be error since then plenty of times, including here.

Hello all, new guy here. I sat through the stupid FNC class again (3 people!), and I wasn't even asked. It was assumed I'd participate, apparently being one of the the "workhorse" people. Somehow, other people never get asked for anything, including leading or teaching (rehashing the boring magazine). That's another story, and of the many reasons I'm slowly doing the "fade out" method.

Been having problems lately with the whole "Job's fear caused this calamity to befall him" idea associated with "negative believing". I guess that's what happens when you think for yourself. This has nagged in my mind for some time now.

Well, if you actually evaluate this series of teachings from a cult control perspective, you have to introduce fear into followers somehow. Without fear motivation, how can you have control? Many people hang around TWI out of fear of the consequences of dropping off. That fear is introduced and built by teachings such as their interpretation of Job in the FNC. There are large leaps of logic there. Come on. Questioning whether or not your kids are doing the right things leads to their deaths and all that calamity? Oh, but the questioning happened deep down. And he didn't confront their kids. O RLY???????? Where does it say Job never confronted his kids?

No, that book is all about dealing with adversity. And overcoming it. To blame the guy going through adversity that it's his fault because of fear is just so classic TWI. And they do that in real life too. They see people's adversity. And blame them for it. That is not Christian behavior. Jesus Christ saw people's adversity, and helped them out of it through healing, teaching, etc.

The Way? Never in a lifetime. That's why long-time people in the Way, especially leadership, become especially adept at hiding their adversity so that other followers won't see it and attack them.

Oh, and welcome to the Cafe!

Anyhow, I was thinking, during the first couple of sessions that are "taught" by Rupp, that this stiff will be the next pres. Gotta toe the VPW-centric line, and he's the one to do it. Like a lot of these people, there's no real person there. Just a well-groomed little sock puppet for them to hold up.

But he's "Chocolicious". :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Donna's got the stigma of the last name, too many negative associations with it. They may not want to bring up a last name they worked so hard to eradicate from the ministry.

But I could be wrong.

I would not be surprised if at some point she didn't drop the married name and go back to Lombardi.

Welcome, Cal! The Cafe is always open!

My husband and I faded away about three years ago.. It's been so nice since! GSC has helped me a lot when it comes to understanding what happened while I was in.

And chockfull - "chocolicious" ??? Rupp? For a second I thought you were talking about L0max... And it still turned my stomach.

Edited by JavaJane

And chockfull - "chocolicious" ??? Rupp? For a second I thought you were talking about L0max... And it still turned my stomach.

No, not a racist remark. That's a reference to one of the endearing little stories Rupp tells in their new FNC about his childhood, where he used to mix up chocolate milk, and he relates it to the Word. It's extremely cheesy. You know, like someone is pretending to be genuine but hasn't practiced that act very much in 20 or 30 years?

Edited by chockfull

No, not a racist remark. That's a reference to one of the endearing little stories Rupp tells in their new FNC about his childhood, where he used to mix up chocolate milk, and he relates it to the Word. It's extremely cheesy. You know, like someone is pretending to be genuine but hasn't practiced that act very much in 20 or 30 years?

Didn't think it was racist at all!! I managed to somehow avoid taking the new FNC and missed that anecdote, but from my brief personal encounters with Rupp, I could see him calling himself "chocolicious" - blech. There is NOTHING I find attractive about that short little pineapple-head.

Didn't think it was racist at all!! I managed to somehow avoid taking the new FNC and missed that anecdote, but from my brief personal encounters with Rupp, I could see him calling himself "chocolicious" - blech. There is NOTHING I find attractive about that short little pineapple-head.

This is Rupp's hero...from one wanna be dictator admiring another...

Thus the nickname, the pineapple.

noriegamanuel.jpg

Here's a horrible thought. The next president could be hiding out, unseen and unheard from for a number of years. Working, as at UPS and then as a personal trainer and who knows what else. Waiting for the chance to return...and drive TWI even further into the ground.

Welcome, Cal! The Cafe is always open!

My husband and I faded away about three years ago.. It's been so nice since! GSC has helped me a lot when it comes to understanding what happened while I was in.

Rupp is cukkoo for Cocoa Puffs :biglaugh:

maybe Barrack obama is interviewing for the position :rolleyes::biglaugh:

Haha I remember that! I barely got through it this time,and vowed it would be my last. The class is mind-numbingly boring, to say nothing of the fact that we had to listen to the "Frumpy Ladies of the Way" and other lousy music during the break between sessions.

And what gives with the intro? C0yle comes across as some kind of wild-eyed fanatic and speaking as though she were addressing three year olds.

Rupp very well may be crazy, but would that hurt his chances in light of TWI's history?

C0yle comes across as some kind of wild-eyed fanatic and speaking as though she were addressing three year olds.

OMG! I forgot all about those session reviews. Good lord, did she think she was addressing preschoolers? And the bug eyes! She made me extremely uncomfortable during every session review.

Rupp very well may be crazy, but would that hurt his chances in light of TWI's history?

He is a shell of a man. His entire existence is dedicated to doing whatever Rosalie asks of him. He even did a way corps teaching several years ago on saying yes to leadership's requests. It was a terrible teaching that was un-biblical. Say yes at all costs, be a sold out yes man, or in his case a "yes ma'am." Disgusting.

He is a shell of a man. His entire existence is dedicated to doing whatever Rosalie asks of him. He even did a way corps teaching several years ago on saying yes to leadership's requests. It was a terrible teaching that was un-biblical. Say yes at all costs, be a sold out yes man, or in his case a "yes ma'am." Disgusting.

I like to think of him as a "sock puppet".