GreaseSpot Cafe

When HQ is gone.

waysider

I dunno. wandering around.. not having a clue in the world who or what I am or could care less.. doesn't have it's lack of attractions or something..

:biglaugh:

It would be the ultimate holiday.. a "home away from home"..

:biglaugh:

It's not that scary of a place..

we came from it to begin with..

I understand what you're saying - - but you have to admit it was a whole lot better than that little ducky song........

I understand what you're saying - - but you have to admit it was a whole lot better than that little ducky song........

I agree with Waysider...we sang that in FLO after every communal meal, complete with gestures. Every one of them. Not only boring but stupid. Mindless repetition. Dumber than dirt.

WG

I can feature that. When I was teaching seventh-graders (post-TWI), we would sometimes (ONLY sometimes!) sing Roll Away, especially if I felt they needed to be stirred up a little before their next class. They considered it a treat, and the sixth graders asked me to teach it to them.

Another inherently good thing that TWI drove into the ground through mindless repetition!

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

Actually, wasn't Emporia a minimum-security prison for a while (not including its Way tenure)?

George

There was a proposal to make it into one, but the townspeople protested and it wasn't done.

I personally have no desire ever to go back. Too bad Adolphs closed, I would go back there.

Adolph's closed? Now I REALLY wouldn't go back to New Knoxville!

with apologies to Don Moen: When it 's all been said and done, with Wierwille's death and stworie, did we do our best to love you God, when headquarters is now gone? :smilie_kool_aid::anim-smile::biglaugh::eusa_clap:

with apologies to Don Moen: When it 's all been said and done, with Wierwille's death and stworie, did we do our best to love you God, when headquarters is now gone? :smilie_kool_aid::anim-smile::biglaugh::eusa_clap:

Just curious, Tom LB - to which song are you referring here? Is that a line of a song, "Did we do our best to love You, God?"

Song is by James Cowan and sung by Don Moen, I did a parody on the lyrics to relate to the topic, hence my apologies to both men.

Song is by James Cowan and sung by Don Moen, I did a parody on the lyrics to relate to the topic, hence my apologies to both men.

sorry I veered off the topic :offtopic: