GreaseSpot Cafe

He's Baaaaaack!

waysider

JAL's current crusade:

http://www.thelivingtruthfellowship.org/tltf/Welcome.html

"You have the opportunity to give in order to help us reach out around the world with God's truth and love by way of wonderful teachings and fellowships.

All giving is secure through PayPal. You may set up a recurring monthly gift, or you may give any amount as a one-time gift. Click the Donate button below to get started. You do not have to have a PayPal account in order to donate. PayPal accepts major credit cards and can do bank drafts as well. If you prefer to contribute by check or money order, you can send it to 7399 N. Shadeland Ave., Suite 252, Indianapolis IN 46250.

THANK YOU for your support!

We love you and are proud to stand with you for our Lord"

Edited by waysider

I went and read the section entitled "Our Commitment to You".

The first of seven "commitments" reads, "1. I will hold fast to the truth of God’s Word, and I fully agree with the TLTF Statement of Beliefs."

Notice how conflicted this "commitment" is. The first part seems good enough, holding fast to the truth of God's Word, but stop and think about it... How can he hold fast to the truth of God's Word if he doesn't know what that truth is? The second part qualifies the first, and is instructive, "I fully agree with the TLFT Statement of Beliefs." The two parts are joined by "and", a conjunction that sets in correspondence. Lynn does not distinguish between his statement of beliefs and the truth of God's Word. John's "commitment" is to continue believing what he already believes.

"Commitment" number five reads, "5. I will subjugate my own ego for the overall good of the team. I will give prayerful consideration to appropriate reproof and correction. I will trust the Lord Jesus to have my back, so that I do not exalt myself at the expense of others."

Notice the middle part, "...I will give prayerful consideration to appropriate reproof and correction..." John has already committed himself not to deviate from what he already believes. That's why the qualifiers "prayerful" and "appropriate" are there. It's as if to say, "I will think about any reproof or correction I receive, and if God doesn't strike me down with a bolt of lightning, I won't pay any more attention to them than that." and "If the reproof or correction doesn't agree with what I already think, then it couldn't possibly be appropriate."

The commitments "to put off my old nature," to "be kind, compassionate, forgiving. I will put off lying and speak truthfully to you," to "do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit," to "subjugate my own ego for the overall good of the team," to "give prayerful consideration to appropriate reproof and correction," to "trust the Lord Jesus to have my back, so that I do not exalt myself at the expense of others," and to "consider your perspective" are ALL things at which John has failed... SPECTACULARLY... in the past. It's as if he were saying, "C'mon guys, gimme another chance. I won't do it again this time! Honest!"

In commitment number six (What's the #6 supposed to mean? Isn't it the number of "man", the number of "imperfection"?), Lynn wrote, "I will stand up for my honest convictions even if they differ from yours..." Again John swears to continue believing what he already believes, and to "stand up" against you if you disagree. Notice Lynn qualifies his convictions as "honest". Just because someone honestly believes something, that doesn't make it accurate or right. To honestly believe that the good shepherd breaks the legs of his sheep so that they can't run off (Momentus) doesn't make it right to break the sheep's legs. And if John's convictions are "honest", what does that make YOUR convictions, with which he disagrees?

Lynn's commitments are all fleshly rules. They are a commitment to NOT walk in accordance with the Spirit. All of his rules have to be qualified, otherwise he would be bound by the inexorable principles of Momentus to actually keep the promises he makes. In making all his qualified promises, John ties himself up in knots that only God can figure out. It is no wonder that Lynn's performance has been so eerily erratic. There's no indication from this website that his real problems have been corrected.

Love,

Steve

"I will trust the Lord Jesus to have my back, so that I do not exalt myself at the expense of others."

What does it mean to "trust the Lord to have my back," John? What does it mean? Does it mean that Jesus is your Lord, or that Jesus is your JANITOR, cleaning up all the messes you leave behind? Who is the leader? You? Or the guy who has your back? This "commitment" says something very perverted about your view of the order of things, John. Is there any fear of God in the idea that Jesus "has your back"?

How does trusting the Lord Jesus "to have your back" prevent you from exalting yourself at the expense of others?

Why don't you just make the commitment, "I shall not exalt myself"?

Is it okay to exalt yourself if it ISN'T at the expense of others? If it is okay, in your opinion, for a considerable percentage of your followers to suffer seriously deleterious effects as a result of their exposure to Momentus, should we trust your ability to judge what is and what is not "at the expense of others"?

Wierwille was a hypocritical liar. Lynn's problem is that he actually believes the strange things that come out of his mouth. He has allowed himself to be deceived by his own heart.

Love,

Steve

It's also obvious he's closed to the idea he can be wrong, in small ways as well as large.

His reference to the name of their organization as having a "double entendre" is INCORRECT.

The CONNOTATION of the phrase he used indicates he's making an adult joke or the like.

A DOUBLE MEANING is not exactly the same thing-and is what he meant.

But, you know, he's too busy patting himself on the back and congratulating himself for

using his legal name and not a pen-name to admit anyone who doesn't might know things

he doesn't- but THINKS he knows.

A normal person would be glad to know someone found his mistake-and correct it.

JAL's made it clear he wants no input from GSC'ers regardless of content.

(He claimed he was open to hearing from those who used their legal names- but when

some did and tried to take him up on his offer of communication, he showed he was a

hypocrite or liar by failing to back up his claim.)

I find the sophomorical quips, play-on-words, and juvenile jokes beyond boring. Plus, if he wants to attract 'mature' people with money to fund his enterprise, this just ain't the way. He is still talking to teenagers, much like the early days of TWI. talk about a RUT...

Maybe I'm just dense. I don't "get" what he means when he states that the group name has a second tiered meaning.

The name of our ministry contains an intentional double entendre. The Word of God is the truth (John 17:17), and because it contains the very life of God (Eph. 4:18), it is the living truth (John 6:63; Heb. 4:12). As such, the word “living” is an adjective. But God intends that His truth be practiced, that is, He wants us to make “living” a verb by being living epistles of His truth, and that is our goal.

It just looks like a bunch of pretzel logic being used to look clever.

Edited by waysider

I find the sophomorical quips, play-on-words, and juvenile jokes beyond boring. Plus, if he wants to attract 'mature' people with money to fund his enterprise, this just ain't the way. He is still talking to teenagers, much like the early days of TWI. talk about a RUT...

Oh, I speculate that he wants to attract mature, rich donors to support him and his board of trustees, while recruiting young people to go work for free bringing new followers to his organization. Much like TWI did. Second verse same as the first.

• Upvote 2

Maybe I'm just dense. I don't "get" what he means when he states that the group name has a second tiered meaning.

The name of our ministry contains an intentional double entendre. The Word of God is the truth (John 17:17), and because it contains the very life of God (Eph. 4:18), it is the living truth (John 6:63; Heb. 4:12). As such, the word “living” is an adjective. But God intends that His truth be practiced, that is, He wants us to make “living” a verb by being living epistles of His truth, and that is our goal.

It just looks like a bunch of pretzel logic being used to look clever.

You nailed it, waysider. John "explained" what he meant because he thinks he's so much more clever than his readers, they will never appreciate his wit unless he spells it out. The problem is, that even though he has a line of patter like a stand-up comic (I almost said a "good" stand-up comic, but "stale" would be more appropriate), he doesn't have a grasp of the fundamentals of grammar or genuine logic. He says gawd-awful things, and then has no clue as to why people find them nonsensical and offensive.

By the way, "living" IS a verb. It is the participial form of a verb, that is to say, it is a verb being used as an adjective. In English, "living" can also be a gerund, that is, a verb being used as a noun. There are no gerunds in Greek.

Love,

Steve

And here all along I thought that STFI carried enough double entendre in the mnemonics alone to last John Lynn for a lifetime.

Oh... you mean the double entendre WASN'T stiffie? Now I'm confused.

I think you just enlightened me.. All along the name kept me thinking they misspell it, should have been STFU, but alas I must have been wrong...

Now I would support them in that endeavor!! :biglaugh: