GreaseSpot Cafe

Developing a Voice

Ham

When I was a teacher (2003-2008) I taught humane letters at a classical academy. The students had to write and defend a thesis as part of their senior year. We never told the students this, but one of our objectives of the thesis project was that each student should find her or his voice... that is she or he should be able to confidently participate the Great Conversation.

Everything in TWI was geared toward suppressing voice among the followers. Every one was to thoughtlessly parrot PFAL and the dictates of Wierwille in every circumstance.

Love,

Steve

• Upvote 1

Everything in TWI was geared toward suppressing voice among the followers.

Everything in TWI was geared towards one man. Then another man. Now a woman. And they have tolerated progressively less of a voice from their followers. And more and more micromanagement.

They miss the point of Christianity. God doesn't want little robot slave laborers parroting his every word. He wants children who love him and each other.

Everything in TWI was geared towards one man. Then another man. Now a woman. And they have tolerated progressively less of a voice from their followers. And more and more micromanagement.

They miss the point of Christianity. God doesn't want little robot slave laborers parroting his every word. He wants children who love him and each other.

It's obvious from here,

but it's easy to miss the point of Christianity when your group isn't REALLY about Christianity.

From the beginning, and FROM HIS OWN ACCOUNTS,

vpw never got into preaching because he believed the Bible.

He wanted a profession, and his own accounts said that he wanted everyone to listen to him.

So, Christianity and the Bible were only MEANS to and END.

It was about making a living and attention shown to him.

It's easy to dismiss JESUS in a twi-centric theology because HE'S a means to and end, too.

Squirrel, I'm sure you as a radio ham have never had a problem with finding a voice. Your own and many others. :wink2:/>

It's obvious from here,

but it's easy to miss the point of Christianity when your group isn't REALLY about Christianity.

From the beginning, and FROM HIS OWN ACCOUNTS,

vpw never got into preaching because he believed the Bible.

He wanted a profession, and his own accounts said that he wanted everyone to listen to him.

So, Christianity and the Bible were only MEANS to and END.

It was about making a living and attention shown to him.

It's easy to dismiss JESUS in a twi-centric theology because HE'S a means to and end, too.

Exactly. :eusa_clap:

And.....as the vpw-adulation grew, so did wierwille's pride and narcissism.

With each passing year, teachings were tweaked to reference 'literal translations.'

Twi's classes, magazine and leadership indoctrinated a following of mog-worshippers.

And, wierwille basked in the reflected glow of his 'christian' movement.

Twenty-eight years after wierwille's death, and the drum beat goes on.

And....offshoot leaders, too, make a living as a MEANS to THEIR END.

It's obvious from here,

For so many of us it was really about Christianity. Which I suppose is why God had to really reach into the lion's mouth to help any of us. I was so deluded. Damn wolves in sheep's clothing.

For so many of us it was really about Christianity.

And.....that's why some of us chose to be "the tip of the spear" to challenge the forces of evil and help others on the field. Not in the sense of regurgitating pfal one-liners, but speaking the truth in love as the holy spirit moved within. Walking "the walk" was far bigger than just trying to get a class together.

Only in the halls of administrative followership was it apparent that twi was messed up. My interim year at hq and subsequent years on staff and seeing the not-so-trustees on a daily basis convinced me that wierwille and co. weren't all that twi's pr messaging was bolstering them to be. By 1981, a 7th corps guy and I made a pact to try and change the direction of twi as we saw it.

It all seems sorta surreal nowadays. All the bravado and chest-thumping of "how great twi was and all".....and a few years later and the wheels came off.

Some of the greatest truths I learned in twi was "how people are bewitched from following the truth."

The Book of Galatians came alive. The forsaking of Christ, the stirring of emotions, the biting and

devouring......twi was walking with the devil and they didn't even know it. And, still don't.

They have their reward......to be seen in the "marketplace of monotony" over and over again.

Hence they were able to substitute "the Word" or "so and so's teachings" to take the place of the absent Christ. Of course Christ was absent....he was never allowed in view of the organization in the first place. And, indeed, they did have their reward, but not of the Father.

Every decade I think I've learned a new language. In the seventies, I learned wayspeak.. In the eighties.. well, maybe I hung around too long..

The nineties, I learned ham speak.. ham radio terminology..

and computer speak. I still speak it here, and most seem to not be able to understand it..

then there is math speak. Basic and Intermediate students WILL learn it.. :evildenk:

:biglaugh:

I mean.. that is what they sign on the program to begin with, isn't it?

:biglaugh: