GreaseSpot Cafe

The Absent Christ?

OldSkool

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You wrote:
"Besides cognitive skills, I think understanding  from God the Father / Jesus Christ / The Holy Spirit  is something wierwille did not have a clue about..."
Actually, I spent a lot of time working the KJV on the trinity, BEFORE JCNG came out.  I had in my research found a few more points of proof beyond what was in that book. He also had some points that I missed.

One of my scoops over JCNG regards the Holy Spirit, and I find it very powerful in discussing the trinity and Jesus being God to those in that prison.
I simply ask them "Who fathered Jesus?" 
Do you know who fathered Jesus?

Before anyone gets so self-absorbed that they can’t see the light at the end of Uranus – I’d like to point out another insurrection attempt on this thread. Guess the old has-the-idiom-of-permission-been discussed -on-Grease-Spot ploy didn’t work that well…if at first you don’t derail, try and try again.:rolleyes:

Now…that being said, I would like to offer an invite to another thread in doctrinal – where theological musings on the Trinity and wierwille’s book JCING would be most appropriate…Here’s the thread   The Trinity - asset or liability?

I’ll dispense with the formalities and skip right to the I triple-dog-dare you   MIKE  to participate in the Trinity – asset or liability?  thread discussion in doctrinal so you can expound on the details of “I had in my research found a few more points of proof beyond what was in that book. He also had some points that I missed.”

I’m looking forward to that!

You probably should catch up on the approximately  66 posts I did on that thread  - most of which I must confess have a lot of substance, logic, references to Scripture and legitimate scholarly works …at least a lot more than what the thread starter had – and that includes his reference to the Omen films :biglaugh:

You’ll probably want to review the whole thread – but to show you where I just started to get warmed up, you can look here  .

Hey, for good measure – I’ll do a cross reference invite – so you’ll see me quoting your post from here on that doctrinal thread.

See ya real soon :wave:   

wow wee wow – check this out -  here  - it's like a wheel within a wheel 

Edited by T-Bone
is it possible to have typos within typos?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I think you should be wary of what you and the others fill your mind with: sin and negatives.  You become what you look at if you look at it hard enough:

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

I think you ought to be careful that you don't fill your mind with the opposite thoughts.

Some of us look at Jesus Christ and his accomplishments.  Some of us also look at our magnificent God and his wonderful works.  Some of us read various versions of the Bible to try to get a fuller picture and understanding.  Some of us study other people's theological thinking, and then check that out.

Some of us look at the Christ in our Christian brothers and sisters, and endeavour to learn from them, too.

But...

Some look at thieves, bullies, and corrupt individuals.

Some are still stuck in a rut that has ever deepening sides, such that the bigger picture gets smaller and smaller.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think you should be wary of what you and the others fill your mind with: sin and negatives.  You become what you look at if you look at it hard enough:

oh I recognize that nonsense  -  straight out of the Blue Book - chapter title Release from Your Prisons...starting on pages 6 & ff  wierwille uses the camera analogy - that which you focus on  bladie blah blah... zoom zoom carry the 2...Meka Leka Hi... ...skip to page 8 "..How have you mentally pictured yourself for the past week, month, year, ten years? The picture that you carry with clearness and concern is what you are, This law works for positive and negative thinking alike."

Edited by T-Bone
typos schmypos

9 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

oh I recognize that nonsense  -  straight out of the Blue Book - chapter title Release from Your Prisons

yep...usually has a misquote of:

Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

The concept is taken from a self help author, James Allen, who takes the verse completely out of context and changes the immediate meaning from third person where "the host of the dinner you are invited thinks in his heart so is he...." not first person where it means as you the reader think in your heart so you will become. I answered very terse on purpose, as you noted, my man Mike is sure wanting to derail this tread tf off topic.

Edited by OldSkool

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Isn't this REALLY a doctrinal forum topic?

It was never really intended to morph into what it has. Mike has taken us all over h3lls half acre...I was skating on thin ice putting it here in the first place.

32 minutes ago, Rocky said:

23 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

It was never really intended to morph into what it has. Mike has taken us all over h3lls half acre...I was skating on thin ice putting it here in the first place.

Maybe it’s one of those 6-of-1-half-a-dozen-of-the-other things :rolleyes:

According to the main forum page:

About The Way

Discussion about The Way International and its leadership

~ ~ ~ 

Matters of Faith

Faith in practice: reflections on how we practice what we preach and live what we believe

~ ~ ~ ~

Now look at OldSkool’s starter post:

First off, Biblically speaking, Christ has never been absent...that doctrine does not come close to occuring anywhere in the Bible. Yet the way international teaches the word of God takes the place of the absent Christ. Damnable heresy all the way here. It would be worded better if they just told the truth: The way ministry takes the place of the real Jesus Christ. That holds true across the board for people in the way international. The directors act as the head of the body. The way ministry is considered by the way ministry "the functioning body of Christ"...the way corps stand in the gap....the only gap I have ever known about was the one that was put between God and his people by the sin nature. The real Jesus Christ stands in that gap as the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus Christ died for our sins...not the way international. I could keep going....does anyone have any idea whatsoever where this awful doctrine originated? I have never heard it outside the way ministry. Was this VPW's brainchild?

To me this is a very anti-Christ doctrine. Nowhere is Christ ever called absent and nowhere is he replaced by anything. He has all the preeminance. Period. Jesus Christ is the chief corner stone and no other foundation can no man lay.

~ ~ ~ ~

Personally, I think this should stay in About The Way forum – because it gets into the doctrinal & practical shenanigans... and the consequences of  The Way International’s leadership – especially wierwille.

But that’s just me…I’m not a moderator

…besides I tend to think if you move this to doctrinal some big-wierwille-fans will avoid it like the plague cuz who goes there anyway - except to discuss ideas, theology, atheism, and other thoughtful matters. And we know when one does go there the if-you-give-a-mouse-a-cookie principle will happen – one thing leads to another - if one forwards an idea or argues against an idea one should have to back it up with some logic and evidential support – and hopefully they’ll offer more than regurgitated PFAL nonsense we see pushed in About The Way forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Mike derails every thread.  He doesn't want to look at what is being posted and consider it in a non-PFAL way.  He wants to "teach" us what he thinks we've "forgotten."

By derailing every thread, Mike wants us to look at him.  Ergo, Mike wants us to become mini-Mikes.

Not even sure he wants us to look at VPW's books, since Mike himself claims to have discovered stuff that Wierwille hasn't (=didn't manage to plagiarise).  

=======

This seems a better option. 

Heb 12:2 - Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...

Which brings us back neatly to the "absent Christ" - how, please, can we fix our eyes on something that's absent, that's not there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Oh, the irony: the HUGE focus and relentless teachings on devil spirits, like waterhead babies.

Because, that which is sacred, holy, eternal, nameless, cannot be realized through conformity to another man's opinions. This awareness cannot come from another. Awareness and perception cannot be taught. It is not systematic. It is not a formula. One cannot BELIEVE one's way to seeing with clarity. This seeing that I'm talking about is beyond all belief, all doctrine, all thought.

All a teacher can be expected to do concerning these matters is slap your face when you least expect it. But the awakening must be yours alone. In that moment, it comes without effort, without study; it is instantaneous. What is seen in that moment cannot be unseen.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I was thinking the same, but it's about the Word according to victor that replaces the absent Christ. The essence of this topic is a mind darkly persuaded to replace Truth with bulll$hit and lies. It's really about victor and his sleight of hand. It's about replacing the Christ with victor's word. At its core, this topic is about cult control.

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Before anyone gets so self-absorbed that they can’t see the light at the end of Uranus – I’d like to point out another insurrection attempt on this thread. Guess the old has-the-idiom-of-permission-been discussed -on-Grease-Spot ploy didn’t work that well…if at first you don’t derail, try and try again.:rolleyes:

Now…that being said, I would like to offer an invite to another thread in doctrinal – where theological musings on the Trinity and wierwille’s book JCING would be most appropriate…Here’s the thread   The Trinity - asset or liability?

I pretty much finished my trinity studies in the 1970s, and was not bringing that up of detailed instruction.  If you go back to it's origin I was responding to your mild accusation that I had not gone farther than one teacher, so I said that I had, and offered proof with my answer to "Who fathered Jesus?"

Again, I ask you this question because I think you haven't thought it through very well yourself.  The answer is incredibly simple and casts light on a subject you thought VPW missed: The Holy Spirit.

Now come on, we don't need to meet in doctrinal for you to answer my simple question. The answer is right under your nose this minute... oh... er... I should say it is a little ABOVE your nose as I type these lines.  Hint:  that was a hint.

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

Some of us look at Jesus Christ and his accomplishments.  Some of us also look at our magnificent God and his wonderful works. 

Gosh!  You could witness that to the other posters here who got discouraged from thinking that way.  Don't you want your team to be like-minded on the Word.   Instead you are like-minded on loving to hate and focus on the sins of others. 

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

LoL

It is YOU GUYS who derailed it.  I just responded to T-Bone, and put a cherry on top. If any of you had the understanding to quickly answer my question "Who fathered Jesus (hint: not Joseph)" then we'd be back to the topic.  Instead you run derailing circles around my question and other things.... ANYTHING to avoid answering a 2 cent question.  It really is simple. 

Why not answer the simple question so we can move on?

It just occurred to me that MAYBE my simple question of who fathered Jesus could be answered if we moved this thread to the Doctrinal Forum??

Probably just a desperate hunch on my part, I guess.

Then again, all the focus on sin and AWAY from the spiritually present Christ, the SAVIOR from sin, has probably made it impossible to answer that question, especially since it was from me.

You all are really going to love the answer.

Edited by Mike

2 hours ago, Mike said:

The part you overlooked is how I responded to T-Bone above.  He had the same accusation of ignorance and not able to go beyond one man's perspective that you had.  Looks like you overlooked his challenge, not knowing I'd answer the same again, thusly:

T-Bone had written:
"I think you may have fell for wierwille's  bull$hit  line "you can't go beyond what you're taught" says who?!?! wierwille that's who.  ... Besides cognitive skills, I think understanding  from God the Father / Jesus Christ / The Holy Spirit  is something wierwille did not have a clue about..."

Then I answered with:
Actually, I spent a lot of time working the KJV on the trinity, BEFORE JCNG came out.  I had in my research found a few more points of proof beyond what was in that book. He also had some points that I missed.

One of my scoops over JCNG regards the Holy Spirit, and I find it very powerful in discussing the trinity and Jesus being God to those in that prison.

Mike said:

The part you overlooked is how I responded to T-Bone above.  He had the same accusation of ignorance and not able to go beyond one man's perspective that you had.  Looks like you overlooked his challenge, not knowing I'd answer the same again, thusly:

T-Bone had written:

"I think you may have fell for wierwille's  bull$hit  line "you can't go beyond what you're taught" says who?!?! wierwille that's who.  ... Besides cognitive skills, I think understanding  from God the Father / Jesus Christ / The Holy Spirit  is something wierwille did not have a clue about..."

Then I answered with:

= = ==  =

T-Bone’s response: Oh yeah, I meant to also address  these other illogical fallacies of   Mike  . I said “Besides cognitive skills, I think understanding  from God the Father / Jesus Christ / The Holy Spirit  is something wierwille did not have a clue about”…It’s almost shocking (but not really, since one of my superpowers is that I am immune to nonsense :rolleyes:   ).

you twist around my reference to the biblical truth (which is plainly stated in various passages) that God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, or the Holy Spirit all help deepen the faith and understanding of Christians into a reason to launch into an anti-Trinty rant

I’ll leave it up to you to search the Scriptures and find verses that show how  God/JC/HS  help illuminate our understanding. I know where they are…If you started going over the Trinity – asset or liability thread that I invited you to -  you’ll see some of those passages mentioned in my posts. You seem to hold the same overly simplistic mischaracterization of Trinitarians or anyone who happens to mention God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit in the same breath.

Search the Scriptures, Mike :rolleyes: Put down your PFAL material for the next 3 months...maybe that will help. 

A subtopic or expanded topic of this thread could very well be the absence of God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit in wierwille’s theory and practice.

Come Mike, you've got some catching up to do :wave:

Edited by T-Bone
typos typos typos

8 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I’ll leave it up to you to search the Scriptures and find verses that show how  God/JC/HS  help illuminate our understanding.

I have already spent 50 years searching the scriptures (usually KJV) and found PLENTY of verses how God, Jesus Christ, and the gift of holy spirit guide us into understanding.

58 minutes ago, waysider said:

What?? God is Jesus's daddy?

This must be the greatest secret in the world today. I'll bet this would be a real stumper on Jeopardy!

Category: Snow, starting with the letter B

Clue: The Bible

Answer: What is the greatest secret in the world today?

698B035A-B932-420D-A306-1B819BDFFF19.jpeg

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Mmmmm... gloves.... delicious gloves
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, waysider said:

What?? God is Jesus's daddy?

This must be the greatest secret in the world today. I'll bet this would be a real stumper on Jeopardy!

Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 1:18-20
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

*/*/*/*/*

The RHST supplied usage for all 3 of those bold fonts is 1a, "meaning God."

Waysider I am willing to give you partial credit for your answer, which was "God."  But the question originated in T-Bone's claim that VPW did not understand the Holy Spirit.  He did understand; it is here that I sense a lack.

I never, ever heard anyone, including VPW, use this simple way to unravel the trinity.  The Father is the Holy Spirit; different titles for the same True God.  So, I am copyrighting it, and you all have to cite me if you use it.

Edited by Mike

On 10/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, OldSkool said:

Where it says he is our advocate he is literally our advocate -- it's not figurative that the devil accuses the brethren day and night before our God and it's not figurative that he is our advocate, making intercession for the saints before our God in our defence.

So, he advocates for you on Monday before God.
Then you get out of fellowship on Tuesday, but thankfully remember 1 John 1:9

But God forgets all about the advocating Jesus did on Monday, so Jesus has to put on his white powdered wig and enter the courtroom again to fill God in on how he paid for Tuesday's sin also. 

Did I get that right?

Edited by Mike

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 1:18-20
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

*/*/*/*/*

The RHST supplied usage for all 3 of those bold fonts is 1a, "meaning God."

Waysider I am willing to give you partial credit for your answer, which was "God."  But the question originated in T-Bone's claim that VPW did not understand the Holy Spirit.  He did understand; it is here that I sense a lack.

I never, ever heard anyone, including VPW, use this simple way to unravel the trinity.  The Father is the Holy Spirit; different titles for the same True God.  So, I am copyrighting it, and you all have to cite me if you use it.

How does this relate to the absent Christ?