GreaseSpot Cafe

The Absent Christ?

OldSkool

4 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Personally, I think this should stay in About The Way forum – because it gets into the doctrinal & practical shenanigans... and the consequences of  The Way International’s leadership – especially wierwille.

But that’s just me…I’m not a moderator

I disagree.

It also gets into how several of you are so easily tossed about (by see Eph 4:14) whenever he pushes your buttons.

The overall and overarching "discussion" is doctrinal. It's not just me, but then again, I'm not a moderator either.

Bottom line: LEARN from the 20 years or so in which Mike has been pulling this same s**t.

In the meantime, the purpose of the "about the way" forum has been hijacked. Period.

Further in the meantime, take a lesson from Ryan Holiday, whose latest book on Stoic philosophy is "Discipline is Destiny: the Power of Self-Control." As you know, self-control is the farthest thing from a Biblical truth, right? :rolleyes:  

Self-Control is pretty much what Wierwille lacked. HE was tossed about by every wind of the temptation of his flesh and seemed to most easily justify disregarding the virtues of self-control... he did whatever the h E double hockey sticks he wanted to do and he used his own damn private interpretation to justify it.

As to the doctrinal issue of the Absent Christ, who gives a F?

Nevertheless... carry on.

16 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Ha! I know! I was trying to quote him. Did I get it wrong? I always seems to screw up that phrase. Mathematically exact and scientifically precise?

I don't know. I don't care.

This whole thread, IMO, is vain babbling and good people being tossed about by every wind of Mike's bull$pit.

My final word:

Consider WTF you intend to do on GSC, especially the About the Way forum.

I believe that continuing to allow Mike to toss you about with his and others' vain babblings, you do a gross disservice to the purpose of GSC.

Consider how your words, especially when you allow yourself (selves) to be used by Mike, would be construed by an innocent soul wanting to figure out what's really the problem(s) with twi.

THAT is why this thread (IMO) belongs ONLY in the doctrinal forum.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I disagree.

It also gets into how several of you are so easily tossed about (by see Eph 4:14) whenever he pushes your buttons.

The overall and overarching "discussion" is doctrinal. It's not just me, but then again, I'm not a moderator either.

Bottom line: LEARN from the 20 years or so in which Mike has been pulling this same s**t.

In the meantime, the purpose of the "about the way" forum has been hijacked. Period.

Further in the meantime, take a lesson from Ryan Holiday, whose latest book on Stoic philosophy is "Discipline is Destiny: the Power of Self-Control." As you know, self-control is the farthest thing from a Biblical truth, right? :rolleyes:  

Self-Control is pretty much what Wierwille lacked. HE was tossed about by every wind of the temptation of his flesh and seemed to most easily justify disregarding the virtues of self-control... he did whatever the h E double hockey sticks he wanted to do and he used his own damn private interpretation to justify it.

As to the doctrinal issue of the Absent Christ, who gives a F?

Nevertheless... carry on.

Fair enough. Let it be moved.

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Great!  I got my safety belt tight.
Ready for the ride into the dungeon.

This will give me a great excuse for not finishing my unresponded-to challenges. How many are there? Anyone keeping track?

Only my correction of victor's errant teaching on figures of speech. You don't have to respond. It's not a challenge. It's not an argument. It's a correction. I corrected Victor, again. Like the absent Jesus was a correction. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves

59 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Consider WTF you intend to do on GSC, especially the About the Way forum.

I believe that continuing to allow Mike to toss you about with his and others' vain babblings, you do a gross disservice to the purpose of GSC.

Consider how your words, especially when you allow yourself (selves) to be used by Mike, would be construed by an innocent soul wanting to figure out what's really the problem(s) with twi.

What’s the diff if it’s in doctrinal or about The Way ?

What’s there to misconstrue?

Maybe have a little more faith in Grease Spotters. I assume we’re all adults here. Haven’t noticed any kid tossing here and don’t believe I’ve been influenced by every wierwille fan breaking wind. 

Maybe have a little faith in the Socratic method of GSC’s forums. It could be just the thing for an innocent soul to witness and participate in that will inspire their own cognitive skills to figure out what’s really the problem or problems with TWI.

Of course, this is all just my opinion I could be terribly wrong.

9 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

What’s the diff if it’s in doctrinal or about The Way ?

What’s there to misconstrue?

Maybe have a little more faith in Grease Spotters. I assume we’re all adults here. Haven’t noticed any kid tossing here and don’t believe I’ve been influenced by every wierwille fan breaking wind. 

Maybe have a little faith in the Socratic method of GSC’s forums. It could be just the thing for an innocent soul to witness and participate in that will inspire their own cognitive skills to figure out what’s really the problem or problems with TWI.

Of course, this is all just my opinion I could be terribly wrong.

If there’s no difference, what is there to argue. At this point, let RAF decide.

if he decides twice, it’ll be established. Imagine that! A KEY to arbitration. 

Bless my heart. These bloody gloves don’t fit like they used to. 

1 minute ago, Nathan_Jr said:

If there’s no difference, what is there to argue. At this point, let RAF decide.

if he decides twice, it’ll be established. Imagine that! A KEY to arbitration. 

Bless my heart. These bloody gloves don’t fit like they used to. 

Sure I don’t care. Put it in Humor - this stuff gets to be pretty funny sometimes 

• Upvote 1

I should quit while I'm ahead.

Seeing Nathan_Jr get that one post SO RIGHT was nice, and I am thankful for that.

It's not my intention to subvert the "mission" of GSC so I can back off now.
It is definitely not my intention to rile anyone emotionally.

In the old GSC software, I think the motto that accompanied my name was something like "Offering the OTHER side to the other side."  I forget.  Is it in the archives? 

I feel that with the absent Christ topic I had a chance to say all that I thought was important. 

It is good that Christ is absent, so we can be ambassadors (thank you Goldie Oldiesman), and we will enjoy Christ's Return more if he is absent now (thank you Raf).

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Edited by Mike

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I should quit while I'm ahead.

Seeing Nathan_Jr get that one post SO RIGHT was nice, and I am thankful for that.

It's not my intention to subvert the "mission" of GSC so I can back off now.
It is definitely not my intention to rile anyone emotionally.

In the old GSC software, I think the motto that accompanied my name was something like "Offering the OTHER side to the other side."  I forget.  Is it in the archives? 

I feel that with the absent Christ topic I had a chance to say all that I thought was important. 

It is good that Christ is absent, so we can be ambassadors (thank you Goldie Oldiesman), and we will enjoy his Return more if he is absent now (thank you Raf).

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Jesus, the Nazarene is absent. Not Christ. Christ is not absent. This has been shown many times over - the second time established it. I've already corrected you on this, now, stand. Stand corrected. 

And stand corrected on the errant figures of speech teaching. Above all, stand. Stand corrected.

These loving corrections are doctrinally profitable for you unto righteousness.

Edited by Nathan_Jr

2 hours ago, Mike said:

It's not my intention to subvert the "mission" of GSC

What is the mission of GSC? Why do you put mission in quotes? What IS your intention, if not to subvert?

I will submit to you, profitably, whether you intend to or not, you can not nor could you ever subvert the righteousness of GSC. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr

5 hours ago, Mike said:

maybe I can explain it quickly and not derail anything

Impossible for Mike to attempt to explain anything "quickly" and doubly impossible for him to explain without obfuscating with further irrelevancies.

It's all about Mike.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

It's not my intention to subvert the "mission" of GSC

Meh. It's not my intention to eat this muffin sitting in front of me, either.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course it is. 

And then I'll shout from the rooftops how delicious it is. But, all the SMART people probably already know that.

Yum! Lemon poppy seed! 

7 hours ago, Mike said:

It is good that Christ is absent, so we can be ambassadors (thank you Goldie Oldiesman), and we will enjoy Christ's Return more if he is absent now (thank you Raf).

YW Mike.     And as VPW "might" say is one of those 'literals according to usage'  :biglaugh:

Now then we are ambassadors for the physically absent Jesus Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in the physically absent Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

• Upvote 1

OK, the verdict.

This thread was doctrinal from post 1.

Like, not even close. 

But...

There IS a certain intersection between doctrinal and About the Way which has to do with how TWI's unique interpretations may have enabled the conduct this website was created to expose. To have THAT conversation, you need to accept the premise of the Original Post [that the Absent Christ is a false doctrine].

Challenge the OP, and you're in doctrinal. Accept the OP, and you're About the Way. Debate a challenge to the OP, and you're back in doctrinal.

Let's call the whole thing off!

Then on top of all that, this became a Mike thread. Whole new kettle of fish head soup. Yum.

Mike threads are similarly problematic: Are Wierwille's writings God-breathed? Doctrinal. Did Wierwille ever make such a claim? Delusional. Sorry, I meant to say About the Way.

So which conversation are we having?

Pretty sure you all agree it's doctrinal. 

But that's not why you want to move it. You want to move it because it's getting on yo dang noives.

Fine. 

So let it be written in pixels, so let it be moveded.

So ordered this 5th day of October, 2022.

P.S. Moving it to matters of faith in recognition that it's more of a Mike thread now. The OP should have been exploring the Bible. Apologies for the micromanagement.

12 hours ago, Mike said:

Great!  I got my safety belt tight.
Ready for the ride into the dungeon.

This will give me a great excuse for not finishing my unresponded-to challenges. How many are there? Anyone keeping track?

If it wasn't about you, then there wouldn't be talk about a thread going to "the dungeon", as if it was a pejorative term for the move. 

Your challenges are not responded-to because nobody feels like responding to them. You've used up what little goodwill you were given, and nobody has any confidence you've anything of substance to add....which you're adding after some wild goose-chase.

For someone who supposedly has gone to different sources, it's interesting that what you think is even worth discussing is not only in the "duh" category, it's still out of pfal, ripped off of Bullinger.     John 4:24 "God is a Spirit".   So, God Almighty being "The Holy Spirit" is not only obvious, it's straight out of Bullinger, and thus, straight out of pfal when it ripped off Bullinger.   And you want someone to play your silly-@$$ games, only to end up with "gems" like that one.   Seriously, if that's what you have to offer, it's REMEDIAL at best.  It's like having a small child post here, playing coy about some secret, and when it's revealed, it's something we've all heard before. Often. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WordWolf said:

If it wasn't about you, then there wouldn't be talk about a thread going to "the dungeon", as if it was a pejorative term for the move. 

Your challenges are not responded-to because nobody feels like responding to them. You've used up what little goodwill you were given, and nobody has any confidence you've anything of substance to add....which you're adding after some wild goose-chase.

For someone who supposedly has gone to different sources, it's interesting that what you think is even worth discussing is not only in the "duh" category, it's still out of pfal, ripped off of Bullinger.     John 4:24 "God is a Spirit".   So, God Almighty being "The Holy Spirit" is not only obvious, it's straight out of Bullinger, and thus, straight out of pfal when it ripped off Bullinger.   And you want someone to play your silly-@$$ games, only to end up with "gems" like that one.   Seriously, if that's what you have to offer, it's REMEDIAL at best.  It's like having a small child post here, playing coy about some secret, and when it's revealed, it's something we've all heard before. Often. 

You are correct about a few things there, mis-addressing a few, and dead wrong on others.  Maybe I will have time to sort them out for you, maybe not. 

Like I said in my About the Way swansong (above):

I made some solid points,

I got backup on them from Oldiesman and Raf,

Nathan_Jr got one post perfect,

and, as I have OFTEN done for 19 years here, I pointed out twice
with simple questions that many here criticize material that they forgot by now, or had never deeply absorbed in the good old days.

Edited by Mike

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

You are correct about a few things there, mis-addressing a few, and dead wrong on others.  Maybe I will have time to sort them out for you, maybe not. 

3 hours ago, WordWolf said:

And you want someone to play your silly-@$$ games, only to end up with "gems" like that one.   Seriously, if that's what you have to offer, it's REMEDIAL at best.  It's like having a small child post here, playing coy about some secret, and when it's revealed, it's something we've all heard before. Often. [ALWAYS!]

SAME game... ALWAYS. One game.