GreaseSpot Cafe

Yankee or Dixie?

Pirate1974

49% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.?

My father's from Missouri [benton county],

My mothers from Oklahoma [tellaqua],

I lived in Southern California 18years,

then Ct 1year,

Va 2 years,

ct 3,

Va 2 years,

Northern Ca 4 years,

Scotland 3 years,

Ct 3 years,

Wa 4 years,

Italia 3 years,

Ct 3 years.

Thats a total of 10 years in Ct, and I'm just barely a yankee?

LOL

[ca girls are the best]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWJlA -- yea -- coke was a term I used too, but the over-all term for carbonated beverages was soft drinks, where I came from.

I remember the first time I walked into a store up here in Minnesota looking for a 6-pack of Coke, and I guess I looked confused by the lay-out of the store, so the clerk said "can I help you?". I said "yea -- where are your soft drinks?"

He looked at me like I was from Mars, or sumpthing! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> I actually had to explain I was looking for a 6-pack of Coco-Cola. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Something's wrong with that test. I went back and noticed that I answered the "route" question wrong. It rhymes with clout if it is a network device, it rhymes with toot if it is refering to a road.

I clicked calculate my score and it went to 42%. I clicked again, without changing anything, and it went to 48%. I kept clicking and not too much longer I was 100% (Dixie).

Of course, I didn't read the instructions:

quote:
Do not change your answer during the test as it will ruin the score. You may do this after scoring is calculated to see the other answers.

Yep, Bob, the test is faulty. It lumps Texas in with Dixie. Although Dixie is the next best thing to Texas, to the extent that we even let them ally with us during the not-so-recent unpleasantness, it's not quite the same thing.

An accurate test would have shown that I'm 99.44% pure Texan. That's even purer than the driven snow they have the panhandle (that's THE panhandle, as in the Texas panhandle, not some wanna-be).

To my shame, I still have 0.56% Yankee impurity in me, from relatives who took part in some rather infamous legal proceedings in Plymouth Colony.

My parents were raised in Iowa, and I was born there, and they always called soft drinks "pop." When I came to the south and mentioned "pop" nobody knew what I was talking about. Everybody here called it "coke" no matter what it really was.

I never heard anybody call it "soda" until I went to New York for the World's Fair. I thought a soda was something with ice cream in it.

I never heard of the night before Halloween having any kind of name either.

quote:
Originally posted by ex10:

I'm only 90% Dixie. The 13 years I spent in Michigan must've corrupted me.

Lawsa mercy!!! That is so worrisome, I'm fixin to go git me a coke out of the ice box. icon_cool.gif

I remember once saying "fixing to" instead of "about to." I slapped myself silly! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> redface.gif:o-->

George

44% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

The test is seriously flawed You all, Y'all, You uns ( hell they didn't even have a reasonable choice for that category).

We have no rolypolys, pill or potato bugs, no crayfish or crawdads--we have the real things and we call em Lobstahs, which I enjoy while drinking a beah.

I also like Frappes on a summah aftahnoon or a cahbonated beverage which is called a tonic.