Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:
Originally posted by A la prochaine:

quote:
You want what to be tonight?

Whatcha doing tonight?

Shell I had to laugh when I saw your question.

Yes, I too at times have not always understood Chatty and her way with words. But after awhile, you begin to get into that 'groove' of speaking that she is in.

Let me translate: I want it to be tonight cause my brain is fried!

means...

I want this evening to come quickly because all this talk about me singing and all the nice things that people are saying is really freaking me out.

Translation according to 'ala'. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I guess I can say I'm Tri-lingual now...English, French and Chatty. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Me hard to understand? wink2.gif;)-->

Well actually I'm doing demographics work and these numbers are killing my eyes and my brain. So it was unrelated, but hey girl...you usually have me pegged...gosh I really do talk odd at times I reckon.....okay I must return to numbers again.

I can't wait till it's tonight. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Ala,congrats on winning!

I'd happy dance but both legs are asleep from sitting like this too long.

Tonight I'm a judge in a local Prince and Princess of the Pines Pageant. This weekend is our annual Pines Festival because we ARE Michigan and our revenue is pine trees of course.

Kindergarteners dress us like lumber jacks and jills and talk to a really funny guy. Four of us judge them on personality, whether or not they stand up there and be stared at without wetting their pants and if they speak at all.

I was a judge last year and let me tell you it's a freakin blast being in the front row watching those little buggers. The little guy that won kept yelling to his mom "moooommm! I really really really need to poop" The little girl that won kept kissing the MC's arm.

Tomorrow I get to be the caller of numbers at a Bingo game. THAT is gonna be maybe funner than the pagaent.

Now ya'll know what I'm doing too.

confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

I want it to be tonight cause my brain is fried!

Well actually I'm doing demographics work and these numbers are killing my eyes and my brain. So it was unrelated, but hey girl...you usually have me pegged...gosh I really do talk odd at times I reckon.....okay I must return to numbers again.

I know exactly what you mean, working in accounting, I'd like to see something other than numbers once in a while.

It's 5:00 somewhere.

quote:
From Wikipedia: Urban Legends

Urban legends are a kind of folklore consisting of stories often thought to be factual by those circulating them. Urban legends are sometimes repeated in news stories and, in recent years, distributed by e-mail. People frequently say such tales happened to a "friend of a friend"—so often, in fact, that FOAF has become a commonly used acronym to describe this sort of story. In the UK, urban legends are sometimes referred to as WTSs (Whale Tumour Stories), from a famous World War II story about whale meat.

Urban legends are not necessarily untrue, but they are often false, distorted, exaggerated, or sensationalized. Despite the name, urban legends do not necessarily take place in an urban setting. The name is designed to differentiate them from traditional folklore created in preindustrial times.

Some urban legends have survived a very long time, evolving only slightly over the years, as in the case of the story of a woman killed by spiders nesting in her elaborate hairdo. Others are new and reflect modern circumstances, like the story of people being sedated and waking up minus a kidney surgically removed for transplant.

Urban legends often are born of fears and insecurities, or specifically designed to prey on such concerns.

Okay I brought that here because I never looked at the definition until a minute ago and thought maybe I wasn't the only one who hadn't heard it defined. But in the definition is something that actually did happen to a neighbor of ours in Miami. But it was roaches not spiders and the lady didn't die, they just cut off all her hair. And he was an ambulance driver and had to take her to the hospital. He wrapped her head before he put her into the ambulance. Back then they didn't have EMT vehicles. So that is what made this Nostalgic. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

That was gross, I still remember him telling the adults and us little farts hanging around listening and scratching everywhere.

© Wikipedia

Hmmm, well they didn't use to have those traveling emergency vehicles like they do now, they were just plain ole cars pretty much. Am I remembering it correctly I wonder?

And it wasn't that he wasn't skilled yet I don't recall him being like the EMT's of now either, maybe it's too long ago. But I was really talking about the vehicle.

OK...

Gotta give you guys an Amos Lee update.

Last night as I googled his name looking for more information about this individual I will soon meet, I saw a radio website that had an interview with him you could watch. Well it was about 40 mins. of music and him talking a little...it was fabulous.

At the time of the interview which was Mar. 25, 2005...Amos Lee was the opening act for Bob Dylan... YES YOU HEARD ME...BOB DYLAN icon_razz.gif:P-->

then the DJ asked him... so what was it like being the opening act for NORAH JONES icon_eek.gif last year...YES YOU HEARD ME AGAIN...NORAH JONES!!! icon_razz.gif:P-->

So funny it was... because I have described him as a male 'norah'...go figure... and I said this because some of his instrumentals were very NORAH-like on his album...which during the interview he says...'and yes, it was very gracious of Norah to come and play on my album I just released". icon_eek.gif

So I gets to thinking...ummmmmmmm....gee ALA, you went to see Norah last summer in Toronto...and yes you saw a young man as her opening act...and yes .....DUH.... IT WAS AMOS!!

I remember Norah saying...I want to thank 'AMOS' for travelling along with us and so on and so on...'

So strange it was...when I heard his name in the very beginning...I kept thinking I know I've heard that name before...I searched a couple of my compilation albums...nope...nothing came up...but when I saw the interview..it all came together!

OH, by the way...YOU BLUES fans...he has also opened for BB KING...YES YOU HEARD ME... BB KING!!!

Is that bluesy enough for you icon_razz.gif:P-->...Give Amos another chance...listen to this radio station interview...you might enjoy what you hear.

To find the radio link...cause me no have no clue what i'm doing with that stuff... i googled amos lee...then right to the right of his website listed...on the google page there is a small website listed...something WKRW??? radio show interview with Amos or something.

enjoy!

quote:
Originally posted by A la prochaine:

At the time of the interview which was Mar. 25, 2005...Amos Lee was the opening act for Bob Dylan... YES YOU HEARD ME...BOB DYLAN icon_razz.gif:P-->

then the DJ asked him... so what was it like being the opening act for NORAH JONES icon_eek.gif last year...YES YOU HEARD ME AGAIN...NORAH JONES!!! icon_razz.gif:P-->

Huh, I didn't hear you. icon_razz.gif:P-->

OH, by the way...YOU BLUES fans...he has also opened for BB KING...YES YOU HEARD ME... BB KING!!!

Is that bluesy enough for you icon_razz.gif:P-->...Give Amos another chance...listen to this radio station interview...you might enjoy what you hear.

Yup, I'll give him another try! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Here ya go Ala....

interview web site

I don't know what it is but I just can't sleep in. I have gone to bed at 3 and scolded myself about not even thinking I better get up early and boing morning comes and my head wakes up. My body often disagrees but the head seems to be the boss, what's up with that anyway! I don't know but 5 or 6 hours is my normal max and I seem to be stuck with it. I'm weird I think. But to sleep in till 10 would probably kill me, even when sick. And I agree that's just wrong. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_smile.gif:)-->