• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:
Originally posted by moony3424:

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

It's almost like Packer fans. Well I take that back, no one is like Packer fans. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I heard what you said about cheeseheads. Now, let's consentrate on the REAL important thing about today. Alabama 30, Southern Miss 21

ROLL TIDE wave.gif:wave:-->

Hey, sorry I missed saying anything earlier. The exchange of beer with the one Texas holdout went down today. In fact he was in Indiana this weekend and phoned the neighbor where all the other guys were watching the game when it first started almost and Texas was 10. He said he called to remind them he wanted it cold. He's the new kid in the cirlce, he'll learn. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I must admit though when a team you like for whatever reason wins it really does cause ya to get all warm in your stomach don't it? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Ah!

Everyone's got a piece of that clip I posted (HERE!). Ala!! I'm shocked SHOCKED at you. You Googled??? Isn't that cheating? Why I've NEVER done such a thing here!!! ( icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> yeah, sure) Hee-hee!

See, I posted that clip of Ronald Colman from his 1935 Tale Of Two Cities to see if you recognized Ronald Colman's voice, Ala, since you liked him in Random Harvest. But Tale OF Two Cities was a very good movie, too, IMNSHO. Yeah, Kathy knew the clip.. the movie and hence the BEGINNING line of the book. Geo knew the actor but not the movie and GeorgeSt knew the lines but thought they were proabaly Shakespeare. Mooney knew the book just by the few lines given. Good going everyone.. We're SHARP down here on the Nostalgia thread, huh? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Along those same lines and thinking about Ronald Colman.. I remembered this cartoon series from my pre-teen days nearly 20 years ago nono5.gif. A very VERY good cartoon that I didn't fully appreciate until I was it as an adult. There are several imitations that I know of and probably more that I don't recognize. Like.. who are they trying to imitate with "Scratchy with his fleas"? I don't know but I'm betting Hiway29 does. I really only recognize two fer sure... Odio Cologne and "Biggie with his pistols".

How many will you guys get? Anyone remember this cartoon series?? And what OTHER cartoon series it was a part of?? Click HERE!

sudo

I don't want to spill the beans on that cartoon series, Sudo, so I'll refrain for now.

While that series WAS connected with another series, it also stood alone, as the theme song indicates. I can only think you are referring to a certain penguin, who was also voiced by Don Adams, of all people-NOT using his Ronald Coleman voice, though.

Odie Cologne's voice WAS inspired by Coleman-though Don Adams didn't do the voice. Gets confusing doesn't it.

Hiway29,

Re:"I can only think you are referring to a certain penguin."

Naw.. I wasn't referring to 'ole Tennessee. I was just talking about Leonardo Lion and ensemble. The voices on Leonardo.. (HERE!) and who they are imitations of. I love "Biggie with his pistols" and it should be an easy one for Ala. But I'm still wondering who "itchy with his fleas" was a take off on icon_confused.gif:confused:-->.

sudo

quote:
Isn't that cheating?

Yes...it is ... and I did admit that I was cheating angelkit.gif

OK...I'm COMPLETELY LOST with this cartoon thingy...

So, I'll just go and play with my music for awhile...

Listening to BB King and Eric Clapton doing 'Come Rain or Shine'...now...that's just a wee bit of heaven!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> love3.gificon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Hmmmm..

I'd have thought that "Biggie with his pistols" (HERE!) would have been easy but it WAS just a snippet. The actor they are imitating was known for his gangster roles in the 30's and 40's. For sure, you all would recognize his name. In one of the oddest casting decisions for me.. this guy had a pretty good role in Cecil B DeMile's The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston. It just didn't work IMO.

sudo

I loved the Tooter Turtle cartoon. "Help, Mr. Wisard! Help!" "Oh, Tooter...Trizzle Trazzle Truzzle Trom, time for this one to come home!"

George

Oh, and Moony.. I KNOW the "It was the best..." line was the opening to "Tale of Two Cities." It was the "It's a far better thing I do.." line that I thought was from Shakespeare.

Ala, I do hope you don't get upset with me for this but....

Y'all no lie I had to change my preferences in my AOL to make a first message sound from someone (so it doesn't sound for the balance of the chat). The reason I did that was in part due to this red head from the North regions. icon_smile.gif:)--> One evening while eating with hubby we kept hearing it go ding, ding, ding. And hubby asked what was that sound. I told him it was Ala talking on my computer. He asked if she knew I wasn't there and (don't smack me Ala icon_razz.gif:P--> ) I said she doesn't need me to be there to talk. She knows when I return I'll read her. Well as we ate she kept going on and for some reason the idea she was talking to me while I wasn't there cracked him up so much I had to go alter the preference so we couldn't here her, we were laughing too hard to eat. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

So yup Ala, I pay attention! It just may not be in the same time frame you're saying it. icon_eek.gif

Now as to BB and Eric....heaven on earth!!!!!