GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

hmmm far as I can figure we did over 500.

Halfway through my stuff I got it and it will come in handy for future work.

The CD copying is easier but labels and inserts still drive me nuts.I have the laser label printer but you can't put enough track and other info on the darn thing About all it's good for is Title and Artist.

Did you ever do copies of your work if not and you would like copies send to me and I will do for you.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I was beginning to type I had to laugh at my having put labels on the wrong side once or twice. I noticed your laser work on something. Oh yes, it was my masters that you sent. Nice looking! Will it not allow font sizes as our program did?

And yes I did do a couple copies of my CD but only for people that couldn't disown me. But thank you for the offer Ted. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm heading away from here now, all rest well!

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeStGeorge:

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

George,

You and Ala got sucked in to changing file associations when you installed the QuickTime player. Geeze.. I'm really sorry and wish people were more internet saavy.

Well, EXCUUUUUUSE MEEE!!

George

Sudo sounds kinda rough sometimes but he's a softie inside and I doubt meant to be hurtful. And morning to you SaintGeorge.

Kathy about your singing you be full of prunes hahaha.

Those of you that have never heard her sing you have missed out cause she is darn good..Now if you think she is going to post a song or two you may have a long wait, about as long as it took her to post a picture of herself.yepper!!!

Better get out of here befor I get into trouble.

Heehee.... Ted, I like your way of thinking. Yeah, Kathy, I need a black felt hat with silver trim and diamond-like sequins to go with the long black dress that I am wearing to the gala. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Off to kickboxing!!!!!! Knee, kick, block, jab, punch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok...

here's a name i'm gonna throw out ... and it's not nostalgic...just wanted to know if any of you music junkies have heard of him.

Amos Lee?

Just purchased his first album...released March/05.

Very interesting...like a male version of Norah you could say.

Sorry this isn't music of the past...i'm usually the kind of person on the pursuit for new music.

Love new sounds...something always a little askew ... that's moi! confused.gif

Ala,

I can't say that I have heard of him. You sound impressed so I imagine he's quite good.

You could never like anything that would be askew now would you? angelkit.gif And what would your definition of askew be may I ask? (I ask her because she and I have to do that on occasion, she asks me much more though so I imagine I make less sense between the two of us) My definition would be whacky. icon_eek.gif

Act2,

My but you have embarrassed me as did Ted and Shell with their incredibly kind words. But you know me and I certainly would never call me a singer. icon_frown.gif:(-->

I do however think I have a hat but it's not as you described. And I'm not done searching ya know. I do have a wonderful black felt one with black fur trim all around it but its not gala formal probably. This year though I've found a couple I absolutely wish I didn't have to sell but heck you can't be buying your own dang merchandise or it kinda defeats the whole purpose I reckon. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> Well we would still have loads of fun but making some money is kinda nice while were doing it eh! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Ted,

Don't go thinking the prunes word got passed me. nono5.gificon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Sudo,

Thank you.

Yes, this is the actual song I saw on video sitting on my couch a couple of nights ago.

I went and purchased the album online that night.

Such a longing in his voice and music. Nice guitars...reminds me of Norah Jones' guitarists.

Sometimes I hear Vince Gill in his voice, sometimes I hear Van Morrison, sometimes I hear Josee Filiciano... strange, but true.

Ever on my musical journey.

Enjoy!

Edited by baboo

Well, my favorite male vocal, at least for R&B stuff has got to be this guy:

http://www.aaregistry.com/african_american...th_blues_singer

And what a sweet man! I had the chance to talk with him a bit when he played at a local jazz club a few years back. About as mild-mannered and nice a guy as I've ever met. He had absolutely enormous hands. He could reach 11 keys on the piano. And when I shook hands with him, I felt like a little kid as his huge hand just swallowed mine up.

He was quite the star in the 40's and early 50's but had long since fallen from favor until Bonny Raite tracked him down and took him on tour with her in the late 80's.

He was asked once why he sold the rights to "Merry Christmas Baby" for only $150. His reply was "Cause I needed the $150."

A unique voice and on-stage personna. I'd make sure to see him whenever he was in the area. I miss him a lot.

Yeah Geo C,Brown sure knew how to sing and play the blues.Like you I dig his voice.

Had some old recordings of his but loaned to someone and never got em'.back. At least think I wll order that CD From Amaazon.

That's a good thing B Raitt did bringing him back into the spotlight.Bonnie Raitt sure paid her dues befor she got some worthy credit of her talent.

Thanks for sharing about C.Brown