• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:
Originally posted by A la prochaine:

OK...

I know of the movie Mighty Joe Young - The Disney version...I believe we own it ... the kids have it in their movie collection.

But, I have to admit ... I NEVER KNEW IT WAS A REMAKE icon_eek.gif

...icon_biggrin.gif:D-->...

I have to say ... YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY!!

OK...I'm into this nostalgia thingy now. You sold me Sudo! icon_smile.gif:)-->

OK...alltime favourite OLD movie...

1) produced in 1942

2) Greer Garson was in the movie

3) The lead male role was called 'Smitty' in the movie.

That's all I'll give for now.

Oh Smithy, You're ruining my makeup.

But I googled okay, cause I had no idea.

PS...I think this movie would make an excellent remake.

That's the red head in you I know.

Bonne Chance icon_razz.gif:P-->

I'd say I agree but I've no idea what you said. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeStGeorge:

"Bonne chance" is French for "Good luck." I don't recognize the movie from any of the clues.

George

Thank you SaintGeorge and if you lived in the Columbus Ohio area right this second you would not be breathing.

(ohio and texas)

I watched the game here until Ohio State blew it near the end. I'm a Big Ten boy myself. Fortunately, MY alma mater, Illinois, won its game handily. (Though, in all fairness, their opponent wasn't of the calibre of UT.)

And I still don't know the film, boob or not!

George

George,

You would certainly understand this scenario. Around these parts you could cause a prim and proper woman to hit you with her purse if you dare speak against the Buckeyes. It's almost like Packer fans. Well I take that back, no one is like Packer fans. icon_smile.gif:)--> And if you want to get anyone riled up around here just mention that ingrate Maurice Clarett. mad.gif

I was in the grocery store yesterday and a group of 4 men where shopping and I happened to be reading a label when I overheard them make up a menu and then divide and conquer on the task. They were almost huddle positioned as they confirmed yes we have it all covered and off they went. There is this thing here about the Bucks. It's almost a religious experience for many people here. icon_eek.gif

I had the windows opened in the house so I could hear the neighborhood. And there are certain sounds you hear and you could know how the game was going without watching it. In fact unbeknownst to someone I was speaking to I had the game on but muted and could tell what was going on without the sound. I did wonder why this person didn't ask me why on occasion would I inappropriately scream.

When we lose there is a silence, almost like being in the eye of a storm. All the joy that accompanies this same neighborhood when we have won is so gone you feel it. icon_frown.gif:(-->

And being prepared for a game is of utmost importance. Hubby was wearing his Buckeye T-Shirt on Friday and one of the neighbors said you're going to go home and wash that right! So the next day of course I see in the latter part of the day when all work was done this shirt show back up on him along with the appropriate hat. I mean you dress for the game in this neighborhood. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm not that into the game or even the sport but I must admit I have this need to be knowing how we're doing during it. It seems to be in the air best I can tell. icon_eek.gif

Speaking of Illinois teams when we first moved here hubby had on one of their T-Shirts when this same neighbor said you don't want to be wearing that outside the cul-de-sac.

OK,

Adding one more clue:

1) produced in 1942

2) Greer Garson was in the movie

3) Lead Male role was called Smithy in the movie(not Smitty...sorry I made a boob)

4) The movie was taken from a book written by James Hilton 1941

5) The male leading role was played my Ronald Coleman

Bonne Chance!!!

ps...Chatty...am I hyper-focused enough for you! wave.gif:wave:-->

Greer Garson's favorite movie (or so says The Internet Movie Database). I didn't know Ronald Coleman had fought in WWI! I guess that's not all the surprising, just not the persona he projected...

Another tidbit about music though (I only bring this up because I heard this song on the radio a day or so ago, in a moment when I was feeling particularly bleak, and it really turned me around).

I was pretty tired of the normal Rock & Roll/Disco Duck crap being aired on the radio back in the mid 70's when this album came out. It was instrumental (no pun intended) in turning me into a jazz fanatic...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...usic&vi=samples

"Birdland" is THE cut to listen to. What a great piece of music...

Ala,

Ah! So you're an old movie fan?? GREAT!! So am I!! Now here's a clip for you from one of my favorite movies.. Click HERE! and tell me if the actor sounds familiar. If you want bonus points... WHAT movie is it from?? I'll give you this much.. Basil Rathbone (remember him from the as Sherlock Holmes?) played a bad guy in it. Actually.. Basil USUALLY played bad guys and he was SO GOOD at them, too! Did you ever see Errol Flynn's Robin Hood?? So many movies..

I'm like you.. I don't remember Agent Smart doing any Ronald Colman imitations either. But then.. back when I was watching Get Smart I had no idea who Ronald Colman was. Hiway29 is a good addition to our thread here as he knows a LOT of this stuff.

sudo