• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

Morning.

It did? I don't recall but then I'm not sure if I've watched that front to back yet.

Yes. It's the scene where Tom Hulce has an underage Dean Wormser's daughter at the toga party. He brings her up to his room; she passes out...

Remember now? redface.gif:o-->

George

Ah! yes A Summer Place Iv'e always loved that tune. There are lyrics to that song and later on around 1965 The Letterman did a vocal rendition. Even The Ventures put their twang to it.

In the 50's and 60's there were several instumental's that made the top ten. Anyone recall Prez Prado's Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White or Jimmy Dorsey's So Rare and a couple more I sure did love Acker Bilks Stranger On The Shore

and last but not least Ebb Tide.

Now you guys don't get me on a roll on this stuff cause I will talk your ear off.

Something I just saw on the news.Down in New Orleans they found and rescued Fats Domino. He is 77 years old now. Man that cat can rock and roll and has sold over 110 million recordings.The man is one of a kind and was an orignal R&B Artist.

When working the club scene I did a bunch of his songs like Ain't That A Shame.I wanna Walk You Home. I'm Walkin' Blue Monday, Blueberry Hill and Walking To New Orleans which kinda hurts my heart right now thinking about those poor folks in The Big Easy but sure am glad they found Fats and that he is OK

See I warned you all about getting me started ha! ha!

Been all of 6 hours now since I wrote anything more ha ha ha

I've been thinking and praying for New Orleans and how much I love that city it's culture and the music you can hear going up and down Bourbon St. in and around The French Quarter.

One style of music that was born and grew up there is trad.Dixieland. Can you dig it listening to a band that has a trumpet a clarinet a slide trombone a piano a stand up bass a tenor banjo and a rock em'sock em'drummer.Now there's some good down home southern cookin',.better than collard greens, red beans and rice with lots of hot sauce.

As I watch on TV all that's happened to all them fine folk down there it breaks my heart and on that about all I can add at this time is Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans.

New Orleans has given us some of the greatest jazz musicians that has ever walked the face of this earth.And although the song refrain I hear this day is When The Saints Go Marchin In.

I know in my heart the people of New Orleans with it's many diverse cultures will pull together and from this terrible tragedy they will make it through as they hear Pete Fountain playin' Just A Closer Walk With Thee

God Be With Our New Orleans

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeStGeorge:

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

Morning.

It did? I don't recall but then I'm not sure if I've watched that front to back yet.

Yes. It's the scene where Tom Hulce has an underage Dean Wormser's daughter at the toga party. He brings her up to his room; she passes out...

Remember now? redface.gif:o-->

George

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Rick,

The shade of those pics tells you they go way back. Seems there was a time when all pictures got that green tint fade to them. Thanks for letting Rick post those, Kathy. Is that a costume the little one is wearing?

That tt3 wav you posted was just excellent, Rick. The virtuosity of the musicians was really on display but I don't know who they were. At first I thought it could be Al Hirt and Pete Fountain.

sudo

Sudo,

It was our son's Halloween costume. We're at my mother-in-laws in one and the other I'm getting him ready to go Trick or Treat. It was in the fall of 75.

I did the hippie thing in 2 phases in life. The 60's teenage one which lasted till I got married and joined him in the military life. Then after that little orange clown didn't need me for nourishment the hippie thing came back and really was somewhat around when we got into the ministry a few years later.

You said the shade of those pics tells you they go way back. Um, man do I feel old. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Which could have nothing to do with the fact I am. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Rick that's my man Fats.D on thw other one and who else is playing on The Hirt version the clarinet sounding like P Fountain cause the two of them did do a few sessions together

New Orleans has given us so many wonderful musicians.One of the greats of all times Louis Armstrong and one that used tha N.O. sound I use to watch and listen to for hours At Lake Tahoe. Louis Prima and Kellie Smith with Sam Butera. We were playing the early shift 1.pm till 6 pm Louis was on the late shift and many a night I'd still be in the Sahara Loungs til 4 am enjoying every moment listening to Prima Kellie and Sam. Gawd!! what a fun band they were. Louis P.used that New Orleans fast shuffle rythm that you just can't help yourself from tapping your feet and clapping your hands along with the music.

More recently New Orleans has given us another one of her son's Harry Connick and his New Orleans roots are there for all to hear.Think his dad was the N.O.D.A.

Kathy loved the picture but which one are you

ha ha.There that ought to get you all fired up.

Bluzeman,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

I have been a close friend of Chatty's now for about 3 yrs and this is the first picture I have ever seen of her.

All this time...and I NEVER knew what she looked like. I only had a picture of her from that avatar when she was 3 or so.

IT's so great to finally put a face to those words that come across my screen when we chat!!!

Man oh Man...I'm so excited!!! confused.gif

It's been a long time coming for me!!!

PS...I did ask Chatty at one time to send me a pic of her (as I had sent one of me and my family) but she refused!! mad.gif

Ala,

Forgive me yet? wink2.gif;)-->

Ted,

I can find you dude! And I still have keys to your house and car. LMAO!

And thanks Ted for the great addition your stuff is making right now, it seems so fitting.

Shell,

Honest to pete that one set of pics was a product of my mother's lifelong best friend. She asked if I had any pics of her son Earl and those were the only ones I had so I sent them to her and I thought they were funny. I mean check out Earl's face as I am nearly sitting on him. Then with me holding his hand and trying to lead him and him just standing there like now what am I suppose to do and will someone remove this thing from my area please. icon_eek.gif

Oh btw, I was 2 when those were developed and knowing mom they were freshly taken.

Thanks Rick!

uh! oh! think I had better be quiet about Kathy's picture enough said on that ha ha

Talk about nostalgia just heard from Nancy M and she informed me Skip just finished doing an album with a group called Cold Blood. Skip had done recording with them before the New Knoxville scene .Skip wrote a lot of the tunes for this new recording.

For those of you that don't know Skip M.is one of the best tenor sax player's and all around musician this world has ever seen and I count myself very blessed to have recorded some tunes with Skip.

Thought you all might like to know

Ted,

I don't doubt you a bit about Skip's abilities on the tenor sax. But did you know our very own George St.George here plays a mean sax AND clarinet in a band?? I've found that musicians play this little game of ours better than the average person.. musicians are somehow atuned to music themes, I guess.

Kathy.. here's your two pics cropped and converted to JPG's... about 33k each. Right click on 'em to save them to your hard drive. That file Rick posted was nearly 3 dang megs!!! I was wondering why my cable modem was taking so long to load it!! Hee-hee!

chatty2a.jpg

chatty2b.jpg

sudo