Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

Your Western theme makes me see things..... like a band of settlers headed out West. Led by an aging star of Hollywood Westerns... a bunch of Conestoga wagons full of men women and children. What do you think? Do I need glasses? :biglaugh:

And thanks for the kudos guys.. I did have a blast setting up my server and am playing with it like a child with a new toy at Christmas. Speaking of which... that clip wasn't Babes in Toyland but it plays every year at Radio City Music Hall. Maybe this was what Hiway29 saw with his scout troop. I cut just a snippet to post but here's the unedited version... I love this... click HERE!

sudo

as far as 'Babes in Toyland'-I was responding to wasways reminiscing about the Disney movie, not the clip.

I would think you would know me well enough to know that I know what I saw at Radio City Music Hall. It was the recently released Disney version of Babes in Toyland that they screened along with a matinee Rockettes show.

I'm not sure about the clip you just played-Ill have to listen again when I take a break.

hi, yaall

I can't comment on tha audio clips because this darn computer at work has no audio hardware installed.

But your 2nd picture, Kathy, wasnt that from 'Fail Safe'? or some similar mid 60's doomsday button type of movie?

There were a couple, but I cant remember them now. :unsure:

Ken

Hi Ken,

Welcome to our cool hang out spot. And beings the new kid on the block it is your duty to keep this dadburn thing to the top. Moon Girl and I can only do some much ya know. :wink2:

I hope you come to love it here like I do.

SaintGeorge,

Thanks for letting Ken know what movie it came from.

Talk to y'all when I can.......

(Kathy's second pic was from "Dr. Strangelove," or more properly, "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.")

Thanks George, I remember now. I think I was a little young to see "Strangelove" when it first came out, but there are a few movies of that era that remind me of each other.

Kathy, I promise to do my duty, to the thread and GSC, to endeavor to keep this at the top !!

Ken,

Yep.. sounds like you're official now. So tell me..can you hear the links on your home computer? You're about the same age the rest of us are, I think.. 50'ish??? Since kathy posted a Western them (Wagon Train which *I* got btw) here's another that I bet may be a bit tough. It was a Western later than Wagon Train (but still in the 60's) but with a similar dramatic theme featuring my favorite.. French horns! Click HERE! and see if you recognize it.

sudo

Sudo, what makes you think I have a computer at home??? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Just kidding, I do, and I can hear them. I don't recognize it though. I wasnt much into westerns except Gunsmoke (my mom used to watch it) and Bonanza.

Even with Bonanza, I lost a $5.00 bet on what the theme song was.

In fact, it JUST occoured to me, this song was the one I had confused with the theme for Bonanza.

It is on the tip of my tounge, but I just can't recall it!!!

I dont know if a hint will help, I think I was aware of the show, but hardly watched it.

We shall see, it may just come to me.

(i'm thinking "The Big something" or something with prarie, wide) :thinking:

Ken

Ken,

Re:"I dont know if a hint will help, I think I was aware of the show, but hardly watched it."

Hiway29 has it. In addition to his hint, the state was the capital of the Confederacy. But I'm a Southener who lives in Memphis so that hint might not just give it away to you like it would to me! :)

sudo

That sounds like the theme from the show about the guy who came from a certain state. Actually there are 2 states with that name , but this wasn't the West state.

This show is from the state that I wasn't a wow in. I was a wow in the west state. Hint: The show was 90 min long each week.

Noah Right!

Noah And The Neighbor

Noah Me And You Lord

My dad bought me the album that these were on. Thanks Kathy, it brought back a lot of happy memories. :D

Edited by moony3424

Go for it!

Kathy, do you mean me?

I was doing a 'refresh' on the last page, wondering why no one was posting after me.

Took me 45 minutes to see that a new page was added!!!!

The answer contains 'gin' as in gin 'n tonic or gin rummy

(dont want to spoil it if there are any other contenders)

Ken

PS: I really that Cream song a couple of pages back. It is near the top of my list.

:) I've done some funny things around here myself.

And your reason for not naming it was very nice Ken.

I love Cream. Well I take that back. I hate some of their stuff. I will fast forward it in a heart beat but then I play some tracks so often I swear I can see it in the CD.

I'm moving these eyes away from this screen so y'all rest well.

I love Cream. Well I take that back. I hate some of their stuff. I will fast forward it in a heart beat but then I play some tracks so often I swear I can see it in the CD

Cream is a little wild for this early in the morning (unless it's in coffee, but I take mine black). This is sure a shameless way of bumping the thread to the top, isn't it.