GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Ken,

I loved that song but thought it a bit curious that they were singing about a bathroom on the right because.. swear... That's what I thought they were saying, too. Was anyone watching TV in middle '70's?? Here' one.. Click HERE! I'll tell you all about my server but am in a bit of a rush just this minute.

sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only time "bathroom on the right" even reached my consciousness was when a DJ said it jokingly. I understand that often lyrics were hard to make out, but that just doesn't make any sense! On the other hand, two lyrics that I misunderstood may not have occurred to the rest of you, either, but at least there was some logic there:

You don't need a pinhead (penny) just to hang around. (Down on the Corner)

What's the use in tryin'? All you get is pain, when I needed sunshine on my brain (sunshine, I got rain)? (I'm a Believer)

Kathy, is Paw a gambler?

Sudo, I watched a lot of TV in the 70's but I don't recognize that theme.

George

George,

Re:"Sudo, I watched a lot of TV in the 70's but I don't recognize that theme."

I can understand. I didn't recognize the theme either even though it ran for 7 seasons.. from 1970-1977. I posted it because it was the theme song to McCloud that starred the late Dennis Weaver. I remember watching it some but it was never a favorite of mine.

sudo

Actually, I watched McCloud all the time (as well as the other "Mystery Movies" it rotated with). It's funny, because I was thinking that most of the (non-Aaron Spelling) shows of the 70's were cop shows, but this was a western theme song. I shoulda known!

George

I liked the overall theme to the Mystery Movies, and somehow forgot the McCloud theme-though the image of McCloud riding the horse down the busy city street sticks with me.

Mystery Movies was an interesting concept where they took 3 series and rotated them. I can't recall what the other shows were at the moment.

So you guys want some more middle '70's stuff??

McCloud stumped everyone but I can't say anything.. it would have stumped me, too. How 'bout this one?? Click HERE! Actually, I watched a lot more TV in the 60's. Even less in the 80's.. then 90's and today? There's not a single TV show I watch!! Not one. I watch the news and that's about it. My how things change.

sudo