• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George,

Re:"Nice voice, but TOO SLOW!!! It's our national ANTHEM..."

Hey! Thank you for the feedback.. Sometimes I feel like no one is even listening. So... you didn't care fer it, eh? Well, lots of national anthems sound good played slow... as an example.. (I said I was in a patriotic mood now didn't I?) Click HERE! And if that doesn't move 'ya.. then nuthin' will!! :biglaugh:

sudo

Sushi,

We are thinking alike on this!! No, it's not Beyonce but a lady who normally sings in a whole 'nother genre. And I have good reason to believe that Kathy might like this version.. she was crazy about ANOTHER song this lady performed that I posted not that long ago. Guess I'll have to post something appropraite for the season that she can appreciate at work without speakers. :rolleyes:

fire4.gif

sudo

Thanks, Sudo, for the selections. The second one made my southern heart go pitty pat.

If you don't mind another anthem version-how about 1983 All Star game-Marvin Gaye? Here is a link to NPR's page. The link in red is the story behind the performance, the one in blue is the song itself.

National Anthem 1983 All Star game

Hope you enjoy it, and have a Happy and safe Fourth!!!

All you guys that have to work today.... BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I'm at home taking it easy!! :dance: And I'm in the mood for a little patriotic stuff for some reason. I've several I can post but first up is a version of the Star Spangled Banner I hadn't heard before. Click HERE! and tell me if that singer isn't *GOOD* or what! Sent chills up my spine like the first time I heard Whitney Houston's version. Let me know yay or nay.. I've gots more that ya'll might like!
sudo
It has to be that girl married to that guy that sings the same kind of music she does. If it isn't I love her voice anyway.
George, Re:"Nice voice, but TOO SLOW!!! It's our national ANTHEM..." Hey! Thank you for the feedback.. Sometimes I feel like no one is even listening. So... you didn't care fer it, eh? Well, lots of national anthems sound good played slow... as an example.. (I said I was in a patriotic mood now didn't I?) Click HERE! And if that doesn't move 'ya.. then nuthin' will!! :biglaugh:
sudo
Although I suspect it to be one of the better, I don't fancy that music as you know. Yet it is still very good Sudo.
Thanks, Sudo, for the selections. The second one made my southern heart go pitty pat.If you don't mind another anthem version-how about 1983 All Star game-Marvin Gaye? Here is a link to NPR's page. The link in red is the story behind the performance, the one in blue is the song itself.National Anthem 1983 All Star gameHope you enjoy it, and have a Happy and safe Fourth!!!
Another talent lost too early IMHO. Thank you!

'Ya know...

We do this patriotic stuff only once a year so forgive me if I do some of the obvious.. who knows who's singing here?? Click HERE! Time was when we all pulled together in war time and were unified as a nation and a people!

sudo

'Ya know...

We do this patriotic stuff only once a year so forgive me if I do some of the obvious.. who knows who's singing here?? Click <a href=http://sudo2u.com/acm.wav><B><I><font color=red>HERE!</font></I></B></a> Time was when we all pulled together in war time and were unified as a nation and a people!

<center>sudo</center>

I don't know Sudo. But thank ya kindly! :)

It's a holiday and early in the morning, is that a good excuse for why I forgot to do the html thingee? :unsure:

Wouldn't it be nice if we could do this in peace time?
Yeah, I know, I'm a crusty curmudgeon with a heart of gold........ :biglaugh:

but, HERE! goes.........

This was released twenty years ago, but still seems relevant today.

This is a beautiful piece!

And if all curmudgeon's were as you and Geo are the world would be a much better place.

This is not old enough to be nostalgia but I thought close.

The main star in this series was married to someone that is tied to another great man of sound who sang something one would call patriotic without question.

It's an mp3 because I turned my pc off due to sounds in the sky and the weather we are having, but it's short. (software on pc)

sound familiar

Look at everybody hanging out!

George.. it WAS Kate Smith. You thought I was trying to pull a fast one, huh? Sushi.. good anti-war song but I had never heard it. And yours kathy? I LIKE that tune but it doesn't sound familiar to me. Hey guys.. keep 'em coming.

And here's the one I always post on this day. Pirate would know if I've skipped a year. Click HERE! TCM is showing the movie tonight!

sudo