Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

Re:"Oh Sudo, that is lovely, simply lovely. I enjoyed the clip. Thank you very much! Romance in a dream, gosh!"

Ain't it the truth, Kathy? All the while, the hard core head bangers 'round here just muse about Zappa and getting wasted and I think that's disgusting since they didn't invite ME! We are so much above that are we not, my dear (holding nose up in air)?? Now how about a tribute to the greatest rock and roll band ever. The greatest popular music band ever. *TRUE" musical genius with no others coming even close!!!

I know that sounds like frivilous acolades but its the absolute truth. I won't even COUNTER arguments to the contrary as its as good as revelation. This next clip is from a band whose greatness has never been matched. Individually, they were VERY ordinary but put together they created magic. And of course... its pure nostalgia. Frank Zappa crappa my left foot!!!! Click HERE! for a clip that I have never seen before. Did I mention that this band was the best ever?

sudo

Sudo,

SUPBURB! What a treat. OMG! I have never seen it either. What can you tell us about it please? That is too fun. I swear I giggled thru it, whatever that means, hahahahaha. And the swirling circle from above. I loved those old swimming movies where the women do all that cool stuff and these dancers reminded me of that for some reason. If the girls would have seen the moves Paul was making they'd of screamed even louder. You did real good dude, real good. :eusa_clap:

Yeah, let them have Zappa and clear blue windows or something like that, you and I will stick to our fancy stuff. hahahahaha :)

ah dearest sweetest talking doll! you can have them both! don't limit yourself!

Sudo, I'm not buying that you've never seen that before! ...maybe you just don't remember it?

The Beatles seven DVD thingie was/is a worthwhile investment if you're really that big of a fan (I am)... I've got one but I'm not gonna let you use it!

I don't know if you expect people to take you seriously or not sometimes , Sudo.

If I talk about Zappa for a couple of posts it doesn't mean I'm comparing him to the Beatles for corn's sake

'Magical Mystery Tour ', as wonderful as it was, was an absolute disaster Paul goaded the unwilling members, who were already getting sick of the whole thing, to do this cross country bus trip, where anything can happen. It was filmed for the BBC, if I remember rightly.

It was a valiant try, but got caught up in misdirection, and bad feelings. It also was the first Beatles project to bomb. John was barely conscious at the time, drugged up and bitter, and really only wrote 'I Am the Walrus', for it.

Still, the songs are wonderful, and the videos are years ahead of their time.

An added note:

If I had the mental ability I would partake in a couple 'tacks threads that jumped out. I suspect it would look like Sudo and I in agreement quite often and hiwayman and Sudo and I of some difference of views and opinions.

I've noticed that when someone's gotten under our craw it can flavor other things, robbing the fun of an innocent encounter. I know well so am able to define. Perhaps that could be considered when some of you aggressive 'tack men speak.

So even though I addressed this to two specific people it is in no way confined to it. There have been affirmations made by many of our regulars on how we care for each other even if at times we think each other to be whack jobs. :biglaugh:

If I had the mental energy I would love to engage regarding Israel but I can't focus on current events and am unable to engage. I can't count the number of times a stranger has told me these were the end times. I've heard it said so often I suspect twi is working overtime in prayer to offset the negative energy being displayed by some Christians. Being one I can say it's not all inclusive.

I have a major deal that's going to take my energy to correct my pc before I can do such things and I refuse to turn it on until I'm ready to tackle it.

This isn't the place and it's exactly the place at the same time for my little drama posts. It needed to be said and I haven't the time or mental energy to man such a thread on my own.

Um, the reason I mentioned my pc was my not linking things, I just threw that puppy in and without context....well like I said sometimes we can look like whack jobs. :biglaugh:

Thanks, Kathy, I understand what you're saying.

I see that the whole Zappa thing was Sudo's tongue in cheek humor. I shouldn't be on the computer in the middle of the night anyway, when I'm not discerning. I read the posts half asleep, and just responded without thinking.

Actually, I am learning to not take Sudo's comments seriously. I get that he uses his own brand of humor to gently poke fun or make a point. I really do like him ,by the way, in case you think I don't.

Oh, and your not REALLY counting me as an 'aggressive 'tack man' I'm sure. That would be a first in my life.

This was the first production conceived after Brian Epstein's death. It was Paul's baby. It was to be a TV special.

For you "Paul is Dead" fans, this clip contains another clue.

In UK the record release is just 2 EP's with I believe 6 songs on it. The US added some recent singles (Baby you're a Rich Man; All you need is Love; Strawberry Fields; and Penny Lane) to make it a full fledged album.

Magical Mystery Tour is an actual bus tour given in England at the time. You would pay your fare and they would take you somewhere unknown, said to a fun thing to do on a weekend.

It was never aired in the US, almost unheard of about Beatle stuff, yet contains some great music. I finally got to see it at a dive theatre in 1971 in Boston. Many didn't see it until it was released on VHS in the 80's.

The cover of the album contained another clue for the Paul is dead crowd. If you turned the album upside down, the stars that made up the name "The Beatles" could be a phone number and the person in England with that number got inundated with phone calls.

Edited by pawtucket

Thanks, Kathy, I understand what you're saying.

I see that the whole Zappa thing was Sudo's tongue in cheek humor. I shouldn't be on the computer in the middle of the night anyway, when I'm not discerning. I read the posts half asleep, and just responded without thinking.

Actually, I am learning to not take Sudo's comments seriously. I get that he uses his own brand of humor to gently poke fun or make a point. I really do like him, by the way, in case you think I don't.

Oh, and your not REALLY counting me as an 'aggressive 'tack man' I'm sure. That would be a first in my life.

Understood, and yes I knew you liked him, I was a bit sensitive myself I suspect.

And I've always thought you held your own well in 'tacks.

This was the first production conceived after Brian Epstein's death. It was Paul's baby. It was to be a TV special.

In UK the record release is just 2 EP's with I believe 6 songs on it. The US added some recent singles (Baby you're a Rich Man; All you need is Love; Strawberry Fields; and Penny Lane) to make it a full fledged album.

Magical Mystery Tour is an actual bus tour given in England at the time. You would pay your fare and they would take you somewhere unknown, said to a fun thing to do on a weekend.

It was never aired in the US, almost unheard of about Beatle stuff, yet contains some great music. I finally got to see it at a dive theatre in 1971 in Boston. Many didn't see it until it was released on VHS in the 80's.

The cover of the album contained another clue for the Paul is dead crowd. If you turned the album upside down, the stars that made up the name "The Beatles" could be a phone number and the person in England with that number got inundated with phone calls.

Most awesome stuff Paw!

Paul is dead?

I knew about John and George... but Paul?

You're a pup, you might not remember the buzz about Paul being dead hidden in the grooves of the vinyl. :wink2:

I try to stay out of the whole 'tacks thing as a rule. I always hate the water when I put my toe in.

The 'Paul is dead' rumor was perhaps the BIGGEST thing ever when I was in high school. Noone really believed it, but it wouldn't go away, and new 'evidence' was always popping up.

It eventually was overshadowed by reality events like the coming of Yoko, and the long break up that you knew was coming, but didn't want to believe it. If you weren't there, it's hard to convey just how big the Beatles were, or how devastating it was when they broke up.

This may seem silly, but I sort of charted my adolescence, maturing and growing disillusionment in life, with the Beatles. I was 12 when they were on Ed Sullivan as the happy 'mop tops'. As I grew older, the Beatles did too, and I felt like their music and lifestyle was growing and evolving as I grew.

When they broke up and 'the dream was over', I felt the same way after a troubled adolescence and fearful future out of high school.

It's no wonder that I was primed for that little cult from Ohio.

Of course... the infamous black carnation!

You're a pup, you might not remember the buzz about Paul being dead hidden in the grooves of the vinyl. :wink2:

HAHAHAHA... that's funny little talking doll! ...I'm thinking I'm older that you are (though I could be wrong)...

I've always been and will always be a Beatles fan... (they are the real THE)

If you want to waste a few minutes, Wikipedia has a section on the whole "Paul is Dead" hoax(?) HERE

They were "The Marxist Minstrels" you know...

ah- The Marxist Minstrels

That book was pure comedy, tho I'm sure there are those who bought into it.

I'm also sure there were some 'truths' or 'half-truths' in there. I'm not going to disect that ancient history.

I just remember doing a 'spit take' when the Monkees, and 'I'm a Believer' was trumpeted as an anthem for the drug culture. Who knew Mickey Dolenz was so devious.

Hiway29,

But of course I was messing with you about Zappa. But I wasn't kidding around when I said that The Beatles were the best all time band that has ever existed to this date. Individually as musicians they were average, IMO. But put them all together at that time in history.. and whatever creative forces were at work with them at the time... and they produced the world's greatest popular music heretofor. They have no equal.

sudo

HAHAHAHA... that's funny little talking doll! ...I'm thinking I'm older that you are (though I could be wrong)...

I've always been and will always be a Beatles fan... (they are the real THE)

If you want to waste a few minutes, Wikipedia has a section on the whole "Paul is Dead" hoax(?) HERE

They were "The Marxist Minstrels" you know...

In the film Sleepless in Seattle, Tom Hanks' character, Sam Baldwin, comes home to find his son, Jonah, listening to an album with a female friend. Jonah declares "Dad, this is incredible. If you play it backward it says "Paul is Dead"."
Taken from the link you provided. Cool stuff, thanks. :)

And I loved that movie Sleepless in Seattle, although I know that isn't the subject. :rolleyes:

I'm going to name a song that was a number one hit the year I was born. Sorry no music on it at the time.

Song from Moulin Rouge by Percy Faith and his Orchestra.

I think I'm older than you fun man. :wink2:

I knew Mickey Dolenz was suspect right from the beginning.

I mean, he grew up as a carny (remember "Circus Boy"?) and had that evil mentor - wasn't it Noah Berry? - with those overlarge clown pants. Mighty suspicious...

Honestly, "The Marxist Minstrels" was my first real shock, my first in-yer-face evidence that the top management at WayWorld weren't playing with a full deck. I never bought it, either by purchasing it or believing it. What nonsense...

Edited by George Aar