Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom,

Re:<B><I><font color=purple>"..and of course, eat a lot of vitamin C prior to your trip!"</font></I></B>

I never heard about that trick so I don't know if it helps a lot. But I can say this.. listening to the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour all of a sudden made sense for me one night :wink2: .<center>sudo</center>

But Sudo, nitrous oxide is cheaper and more legal, especially for you. :biglaugh:

Edited by Sushi

This is related to the same guy but you'd not guess it. So here is how:

At around the same time, Phil enjoyed some success as a soloist, with an album 'Phil Everly', recorded mainly in London, and including musicians such as Dire Straits guitarist Mark Knopfler.

But the song has nothing to do the Knopfler. oldie

Kathy,

Sorry.. I really didn't mean to be ignoring you its just that I have out of town company this weekend. Yes.. I remember that one well. We used to have a radio station here that played oldies from the late '50's, all of the 60's and early 70's. It didn't last long and I'm guessing its because they played the SAME DANG OLDIES every day!! And there was no reason for that.

Got any more??

sudo

Kathy,

Sorry.. I really didn't mean to be ignoring you its just that I have out of town company this weekend. Yes.. I remember that one well. We used to have a radio station here that played oldies from the late '50's, all of the 60's and early 70's. It didn't last long and I'm guessing its because they played the SAME DANG OLDIES every day!! And there was no reason for that.

Got any more??

<center>sudo</center>

Enjoy your company. I have more and will burn them tomorrow and link them.

Kathy,

I understand. This thread is strictly for fun so if we don't feel up to doing it.. we don't. I don't want anyone feeling obligated to post stuff. Then it wouldn't be fun, right? But I have some fun stuff to post. At least to me, anyways, and I'm hoping there are some others here that might agree. I'm *constantly* amazed at personal tastes in music.

I do believe I posted a link to this on YouTube a while back. Any of you guys familiar with YouTube videos? They are Flash media and set up so that you can VIEW them online but can't download them. Well.. that's always irked me. If I can view the file online then that means that my computer is downloading it. And I should have the ability to save ANY file.. video or otherwise.. that is sent to my computer. So looking around for hacks and whatnot.. I found that there is an extension for the mozilla Firefox browser that allows for capturing the video files on YouTube and other sites that have muti-media in Flash format. THEN I found a freeware program that would convert those files to MPG or AVI that everyone can read.

Therefore, I am able to post the following song that (to me anyways) is so good. Click HERE! for the good stereo version (making sure your speakers have the bass turned up) and for George St.George and others wanting a smaller file.. click HERE! What? Doesn't sound familiar or need a little help? :) It just so happens that I have the video uploaded for you guys, too! If you have a fast broadband connection then click HERE!

Does that lady have a voice or what? Know who it is or what the movie is??

sudo

P.S. Geo.. I never saw it either.

Kristin Chenoweth is Marian. She 's more known on TV.

I never saw 200 motels-but I did buy the double (!) album when it came out. There are some Zappa albums that I've really enjoyed (Hot Rats, Absolutely Free), and I bought it on a whim.

I think I played it once then it gathered dust until some long forgotten Uncle Harry day.

I keep hearing from folks who should know that Zappa was a near-genius musician.

That could be the case, though I've always had a difficult time listening to any of his stuff for very long.

He definitely took his own road, I'll give him that.

Gotta admire him for his individuality if nothing else. We could use more of that I think...