GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

The Beatles cartoon show was only on for a couple of years, and the voices ( outside of the songs) were certainly not the Beatles.

By the second season, the Beatles were well beyond the 'moptop' phase, and it was reflected in a new opening title sequence. While 'And your Bird Can Sing' plays, we see photos of each Beatle in their hipper , new look, mustaches, John lennon glasses and all, re form into cartoon images, all with 'flower power' type lettering to reflect the times. The cartoons were still the same though, but with newer tunes inserted.

Oddly, the same company was responsible for 'Yellow Submarine'. The feature cartoon that is about a million miles from the Saturday show. The Beatles thought the film was going to be like that show, and so didn't lend their voices to the feature either. When they saw the finished film, they regretted not getting involved as it's a pretty amazing movie (though, not everyone's cup of tea, even then).

Oh, and since I haven't seen it actually named, the prior cartoon theme is from Augie Doggie-one of the good ones, I might add.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think folks that go over 5 miles UNDER the speed limit should be ticketed. <_<

I think the speed limit is a goal. However, the fast lane is for those going AT LEAST five over. The asswipes who get in the fast lane to slow us speeders down should realize, if you REALLY want to 'get' us to slow down, then let us go like the proverbial bat out of hell and let the COPS enforce the damn limit.

Sushi, I wrote up this whole account of my travels back and forth to work and the folks I want to help persuade to get off the road but then thought nah, that's just stuff. But the ones going 10 miles under cause more problems in my travels than the ones going over the limit. I think on some highways (if it is all I will be embarrassed) but on some highways it is illegal to go a certain mile under the speed limit.

Yellow Submarine? ...that brings back... no, wait it doesn't... I saw it at the drive=in with 200 Motels and Fantasia...

no memories... at least not clear ones... as there was some 'clear light' involved...

(there might've even actually been a talking doll there)

Tom, is that the "clear light" that falls on the "window pane"? :biglaugh:

Rick

Uncle Walt woulda turned over in his grave if he saw Fantasia become a cult film for pot smokers. Disney Studios weren't above advertising re releases of it in the 60's with ads geared towards 'hippies' however.

I went and saw it stoned myself, and fell asleep half way through. It's got segments that are genius, but can really drag in other parts.

AHH! FANTASIA. ------ I used to have the Beta Max around here somewhere but it think it might have been damaged by my gro lite. As for "200 Motels"I think I lent that to Suzie Creamcheese. What would you do daddy, what would you do?

Hiway29,

Re:"I went and saw it stoned myself, and fell asleep half way through."

Man.. I'm wanting to be nice here but your going to see Fantasia under the influence of marijuanna was just plain STUPID! You see for yourself what happened. You fell asleep. Like, this would take a rocket scientist to know this? Maybe its because you're on the hippie "left" coast that you didn't know any better but down at Ole Miss where I saw it.. we knew better. Dang! I hate to have to state the obvious but...

You go to see a movie like Fantasia tripping on acid, dude. Window Pane if you can get it.. Mister Natural if you can't. Geeze, I hate to have to explain these things.

sudo

I was on the 'right' coast at the time.

I'da never taken you for an acid tripper, Sudo. Me, I never touched the stuff. I saw friends go somewhat insane due to LSD and mescaline, and wanted no part of it.

I was admittedly wasting away with the grass, but I never did anything else.

But of COURSE I went to see Fantasia stoned. I did EVERYTHING stoned. It was much more effective when the entertainment lasted less than an hour though. :sleep1:

You go to see a movie like Fantasia tripping on acid, dude. Window Pane if you can get it.. Mister Natural if you can't. Geeze, I hate to have to explain these things.

I must concur with my brother in the Dental chair... or is that a barber's chair?

The whole trick to acid, hiway, was moderation and making sure you were around folks who were going to remain mellow... I cannot begin to explain to you how amazing Fantasia is on a good hit of acid at the drive in on a cool autumn evening...

I had friends who were vegetables as well... but they did acid on a pretty much daily basis... me? once or twice a year was all... and of course, eat a lot of vitamin C prior to your trip!

chattingKathy: the only doll that I know of around here, or being talked about, is you dear...

About the most prominent thing I remember about 200 Motels is the song "It can't happen here, it can't happen here, I'm telling you my dear that it can't happen here blah blah blah"

I've never done drugs, but I must admit that after I saw the movie "Tommy" I guessed that it would have been better (or at least bearable) had I been stoned. :blink:

George

They probably wouldn't have helped any GSG... at least with the movie...

Now if it was "The Wall" you were talking about... :biglaugh:

Tom,

Re:"..and of course, eat a lot of vitamin C prior to your trip!"

I never heard about that trick so I don't know if it helps a lot. But I can say this.. listening to the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour all of a sudden made sense for me one night :wink2: .

I don't know if I've ever told you guys this but I've played this Nostalgia thread stuff years before over on other forums before I even heard of WayDale or Greasespot. And like here, .. some folks were better at it than others. But I'm going to post an oldie now that I don't think anyone on those other forums would get. Don't think, I said? How 'bout 99.99999% chance they wouldn't? I mean.. there is one thing that ties us all together here isn't there guys? Something the Nostalgia players on other forums don't have in common with us? Right? Click HERE! and name the male singer in the duet. EXTRA points if you know the female singer.

sudo