Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey you guys!!!

Are you in the Christmas holiday mood yet? I am and in my opinion.. the perfect time of year for our Nostalgia thread. Just look back over the years we have been doing this thread and see what's been posted this time of year. Though we haven't been a very active thread as of late, I would like to continue our Christmas traditions in a way I don't think we've done here before.... Excerpts from TV series' Christmas shows or specials. Do television series still do a Christmas show? Or is that considered too religious? I wouldn't know because I don't *watch* the shinola on TV today that passes for 'American' entertainment.

First up is from arguably America's most beloved TV series. Click HERE! and name what characters are doing the duet because for certain you guys will know the TV series and I don't want it all given away at once. One thing you guys could do if you're certain who it is and all is give the year this appeared. Now *THAT* might be bit challenging.

And lastly (is that a real word??) does anyone actually remember seeing this episode? Personally?? I don't :(

sudo

I don't recall seeing it and certainly don't know the year. I'll guess 1954 though.

Would it be sacreligious of me to admit that I didn't like that show ? Those characters always have grated on my nerves. I did like the old guy as 'Bub' on 'My Three Sons'. And the star when she was a young kinda glamor girl. And her hubby when he's getting down on that drum. And the other woman-well never.

As a group and a show though, it never 'got' me.

Hiway,

What a relief,

I thought I was the only one in the world who hated that show (and particularly the star - was there ever a more talentless person given more accolades? Maybe the "Rat Pack" - uh oh, I'd better duck now).

Even as a kid I remember my sisters always tuning that show in and - at the tender of age of 6 or 7 - finding myself thoroughly disinterested.

But then, I can't think of any sitcom I really liked. Well, maybe "Barney Miller"...

I wouodn't say "I Love" the show, but I thought it was entertaining. Now the show she did in the late 70's? Aaaaugh! I remember one reviewer saying that a woman in her 30's doing pratfalls is funny, but a woman in her 70's doing them is just SCARY.

Hiway is probably sharper on these things than I am, but I'd guess about a decade later, say 1962-1964.

And, no, I don't remember seeing it.

George

Aside to Hiway: how did you like the "Justice League" Christmas episode a couple of years ago? I thought it was great!

Ricky!!!!!!

Looks like that TV show's Christmas episode wasn't hard to get..

The info I got on it said it was the first year's Christmas episode so what would that be? 1951 or 1952?? And I can't be-leeeeve there are those of us here who didn't just love that show. I STILL catch episodes when they come on TV Land or where ever. C'mon guys.. one word.. Vitameatavegamin. That's about the funniest skit that has EVER appeared on TV. Tell ya'll what... I'll see if I can't find it on the internet somewhere and post it.

I just love this time of year and I know I say that every year on this thread but I've got some pretty good Christmas stuff to post for ya'll. Here's one I *know* you all will remember, though you will have to have Real Player installed to view it. Its animation so I know Hiway29 will appreciate it. Click HERE! and see if you can remember the year.

sudo

sorry, sudo, I didn't love it-tho I agree it had moments. Vitameatavegamin being about the best.

I also don't have real player, and am too busy to install it right now, but I'll get to it soon, as I'm curious what cartoon you posted. I'm thinking it's a Charlie Brown Christmas-which is a thing of joy forever.

Since it says what it is on the video, I'm not giving anything away here. For those without RealPlayer, it was the CBS Season's Greetings cartoon commercial whe a bunch of birds are singing in a tree. A woodsman comes by with a saw, and the birds stop singing; but he plays the saw like a violin, the tune being "God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen."

I KNOW this one was the 60's. I'm saying 1968.

George

Looks like that TV show's Christmas episode wasn't hard to get.. The info I got on it said it was the first year's Christmas episode so what would that be? 1951 or 1952?? And I can't be-leeeeve there are those of us here who didn't just love that show. I STILL catch episodes when they come on TV Land or where ever. C'mon guys.. one word.. Vitameatavegamin. That's about the funniest skit that has EVER appeared on TV. Tell ya'll what... I'll see if I can't find it on the internet somewhere and post it. I just love this time of year and I know I say that every year on this thread but I've got some pretty good Christmas stuff to post for ya'll. Here's one I *know* you all will remember, though you will have to have Real Player installed to view it. Its animation so I know Hiway29 will appreciate it. Click HERE! and see if you can remember the year.
sudo
Oh how sweet Sudo. I loved that. And have never seen it before.

Hiway29,

Sorry to have appeared to have ignored you but yes.. the film was indeed Bonnie Scotland. You good, dude :). But you really need to install Real Player to see some things I've got to post. Go to this link HERE! and choose the Basic (free) Player instead of the one they want to charge you for. Then check out my '60's CBS commercial post George and Kathy commented on. I can't believe Nostalgiacs don't remember this one (HERE!) that was so popular.

But since EVERYBODY recognized the Lucy and Desi Christmas episode I'll bring it up one notch to ANOTHER very best TV-show-ever-made catagory. And OK.. ya'll may well know who the male singer is and figure out the show but I daresay nobody will know who the female singer is when the song starts. If you *DO* then you need to go into TV nostalgia full time :confused: .

Another think I want to bring up is how the television studios' Christmas episodes didn't blink about singing overtly Christian Christmas songs. Click HERE! and see how moving they could do these on black and white tv shows with no stereo.

So who is the lady? What year? I'll give you this much.. it was the series' first year.

sudo