GreaseSpot Cafe

More people are just finding out what happened

gladtobeout

I have recently heard from several people who are just now finding out about some of the terrible things that happened in TWI. They knew that TWI had problems when they were in, but they didn't know many of the major things that have been posted here and Waydale. I'm so thankful for this site and for Paw. Some of these people were still into the VP worship etc.. but now they know what really happened. They are seeing that we shouldn't believe something just because Dr. VP said it or TWI said it.

THIS SITE HAS HELPED MANY icon_smile.gif:)-->

YIPPEE!!!!!

We made it...

Gladtobeout

Did something happen??? I thought you were talking about the Way. icon_eek.gif Something actually HAPPENED there??? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Call Lima! Get the Wapak Bugle on the phone! No, this is big! Call the Dayton Examiner!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

baby's calling me home,

she keeps on callin' me home....

(boz scaggs)

And then there are those who don't WANT to know the truth..

They are probably all over the United States but for sure I know they are in Memphis. They are no longer in TWI but they still run PFAL classes (on Beta no less) and twigs like it's 1979. I know because my wife goes to fellowship with these folks.

They are good people. Don't get me wrong about that. But they will not listen to any criticism of their "father in the Word" VPW nor accept that any of the doctrine is in error.

It would bother me but I have to realize.. you can get people to believe most anything so better for my wife to be going to twig than to have her hanging out with the Hare Krishnas. I'm counting my blessings so to speak.

sudo

Yeah, Sudo, I know of whom you speak.....

I have tried to have conversations with them in the past, when all the stuff was coming down in the 80's as well as more recently, but unfortunately.....well, you know.

But you are right, they are wonderful people. That's why it's so tragic that they keep their blinders on .....

JustThinking, way to go!

You've got all the support that you need, right here!

There are probably gspotters in your area, or nearby.

There are all kinds of people available to talk to for emotional support should you need it.

There are all kinds of believers (yes, I said believers) that will pray for and with you should you need it.

Ya, mon, do it!

No Way,

Re:"sounds like the offshoot i attend. i am slowly making my way out."

These folks are just as happy as clams and if they want to believe what they believe then fine with me. In fact they might be better off not wanting to delve any deeper into things. That's what I did and look at what it did to me.. made me a dang heretic! (G)

sudo

quote:
They are probably all over the United States but for sure I know they are in Memphis. They are no longer in TWI but they still run PFAL classes (on Beta no less) and twigs like it's 1979... But they will not listen to any criticism of their "father in the Word" VPW nor accept that any of the doctrine is in error.

Hmm. Now where have I heard that before?

preciousPFAL.JPG

Down Smikeol! Down! ... Down!! icon_redface.gif:o-->

Damn it! Somebody let him out of his cage again! ..... Oh well, according to "Return of the Kings", the gollum meets his demise at last. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

"My preciousssssss!"

My own secret sign-off ====v,

Rational logic cannot have blind faith as one of its foundations.

Prophet Emeritus of THE,

and Wandering CyberUU Hippie,

Garth P.

www.gapstudioweb.com

Steve!,

Thank you very much. I do feel there at least a couple of folks just like me. Oakspear, probably the most. And Ex is just too cool. (I've already pointed out that she reminds me of my big sis)

I'm so thankful I never let go of my friends or family. Turns out they love me whether or not I string my chairs for Thanksgiving dinner. :-)

• 2 years later...