GreaseSpot Cafe

Prince Charles to remarry

Cindy!

Oh well, he liked her better all along....anyway.

He married Diana out of political expediency. Now he's free and he's old and he may never be king anyway. So why not be with the one he liked all along.

Not that I care that much. I'm not very surprised, though.

wow

ya know the royals can get away with anything .

He has always loved her and she him. How insane of a cult they are in to have spent all these years and the drama and truama of the royal life, to find out in the end we all must be true to our own self . the price some pay is just to much.

Just what every little girl dreams of becoming when she grows up:

The Princess Consort

Sounds like a piece of furniture.

quote:
The couple met in 1970 or 1971 at a polo match, and for better and worse, seemed fated for each other. Camilla's great-grandmother, Alice Keppel, had been the mistress of his great-great-grandfather, King Edward VII, and she grew up hearing stories about "Granny Alice," who often told the family, "My job was to curtsy first, and then jump into bed." Legend has it that Camilla flirtatiously introduced herself to Prince Charles, reminding him of their randy ancestors and saying, "How about it?"

How romantic. A lot of the fun has gone out of the British monarchy since the days when kings flaunted their mistresses openly and "royal bastards" were commonplace. If this was the old days, Charles would have probably had his mum poisoned years ago so that he could take the throne.

The royals are so boring these days.

• 1 month later...

My opinion of the Prince is very low (i.e. I think he is a pr*ck).

I am usually able to tell from the picture of a couple whether or not they are happy together and will stay together...and as I say, I do not like Charles at all... but when you look at them together (camilla and charles), you can see that they are very happy together and really fit together.

I despise what royalty represents and the lives they have and continue to ruin.

But they seem made for each other.

Is that a good thing??? Who knows?

I for one wish them happiness but the legal and constitutional minefield that existed when Edward VIII abdicated to marry the lady from Baltimore still exists - it's just being interpreted differently.

There is doubt as to whether a civil ceremony for a member of the Royal Family is actually legal.

A morganatic marriage is not known to British law so the usage of a lesser title does not mean that status is actually lower. If Charles becomes King then his wife automatically becomes Queen Consort whether crowned or uncrowned.

Diana and Sarah Ferguson were "unroyaled" by their divorces but the children of the marriages were not.

There is much feeling that Charles should renounce his rights to his throne in favour of William. I subscribe to this view as the best way of preserving the monarchy and making it modern and relevant.

Charles would not have to live in exile like his great-uncle and aunt had to though.

quote:
Originally posted by Trefor Heywood:

Not possible as it is not in their jurisdiction!

Nor that of Renquist and co neither! banghead.gif

I'll bet even though it is out of their jurisdiction, most any American judge would make an exception, which they seem to be so good at anymore, and solve all the problems in London.