GreaseSpot Cafe

POLL: Are you interested in any more VPW teachings?

Zixar

I would - under a couple of conditions. If I was with a bunch of lunatic GSC'ers in a room with that Cheech and Chong paper nice and loaded up, we sparked it up and after about 30 minutes put on one or two of those oldies while stifling laughter.

Otherwise - he!! no.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas and alak(is that a real word?)-----Would that I could but reread and reread this rereadable thread with a view toward non-posthumously posting on its' potent(that's slang for "important") pertanence. Yea, if only I had the time.

Oh wait. -----There it is at the bottom of my screen --------9:35PM

Nevermind.

for those of you who haven't done so... you really have to go back and read this thread from the early pages to "get the drift"... then you'll know why it's so important as to be brought up from the back pages...

Tom --- are you insinuating that I have so much time on my hands that I can go willy-nilly to read over old threads at the drop of a hat?? For your information, the opposite is true, I have too many hands on my time pulling me in many directions, forcing me to multi-task against my will. Why -- even driving to work, I'm occasionally compelled to stop and help some little old lady across the street because she stopped in the middle of the street, forgetting which way she was headed, cramping my already busy schedule.

And now you drag up old threads, expecting me to go back and read them all?? Hmmmmp! I detect an accusation that I don't manage my time properly, and have the luxury to do as you suggest. And if you are accusing me of NOT managing my time properly, then you are saying that I don't schedule (into my already busy day), a time slot to go and pay my bills -- so now I suspect you of accusing me of fiscal irresponsibility as well.

Time is money and I have less and less of each daily. I can't afford to hear more docvic teachings, OR reading old threads about 100 hours of pfal as you may have (correctly) surmised by now. That would mean extra trips to the drug-store for *industrial strength* aspirin to deal with the headaches, trips to the shrink, trips to the local sauna (to get rid of the *chills*), mensa classes (to increase believing), and last but not least -- a hefty bill at the local corner liquor store for the prerequisite drambui.

Now -- I would really like to answer your accusations in detail because it bothers me hugely that you think I am less than THE BEST steward on TWO fronts, and I will when I get a chance sometime in the future.

Right now I have to go shopping for a toilet bowl brush, because I'm scheduled to clean the toilet next month and now is the only time I have to get the super duper model *implement of destruction* -- designed to do the job cleaning the toilet throughly (NOT thoroughly -- read what's written!).

After I get rid of that $h!t, I might have time to deal with yours.

;) :wave: ;)

Dave, I only have time to deal with one of your points so I'll ignore the others as they are not important to me.

You said: "...are you insinuating that I have so much time on my hands that I can go willy-nilly to read over old threads at the drop of a hat??"

You missed the point entirely my friend... not just any old thread... THIS ONE. It has been my pleasure to help you with your reading comprehension.

You missed the point entirely my friend... not just any old thread... THIS ONE. It has been my pleasure to help you with your reading comprehension.

Thank you for that. My next session for reading comprhension lessons is 2 months away, and now that you have so wonderfully assisted me in that endeavor -- I have a 15 minute time slot in January that I have completely open from my (already previously mentioned) busy schedule. I will re-read the thread, and answer your serious accusations in detail -- then. :)

Edited by dmiller

Maybe we all need to take another hit of that giant joint in the Open Forum?????

I don't read all of it - I only come here to harrass Tom Strange (and with that name - is it any wonder that he dragged up this thread?)

HHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Hey! Didn't VPW talk about teaching the trees.....?

So if a class runs in the forest and not one is there to hear it does it make a difference...?

Now I wax philosophical......... :B) :drink::sleep1:

I need to go back up to Open and take another hit!

Edited by doojable

Maybe we all need to take another hit of that giant joint in the Open Forum?????

Nope! Sorry dooje. They call him Mr. Strange because he thinks differently (also known as outside the box). THIS is the thread he means, and he wants you to reaed for enjoyment - not necessarily for content.

I agree with the Strange One - so set apart some of your time and r-e-a-d from beginning to end all in one fell swoop (I wonder where that phrase came from....Linda Z?) and just allow the endorphins to kick in.

You'll be glad you did.

So if a teaching is hidden - then no one has found it - Right? Once it's found, IT"S NO LONGER HIDDEN.

Who's on first?

What's on second?

Idunno's on third.

It once was lost but now is found - was blind.....hmmmm still is!

for those of you who haven't done so... you really have to go back and read this thread from the early pages to "get the drift"... then you'll know why it's so important as to be brought up from the back pages...

Tom, I read your post…really didn’t take it seriously…then a funny thing last night…As I walked past a local pub owned by K.D. Laing, I caught my reflection in the mirror behind the bar. It was me alright – I recognized that big hat and suspenders – but something disturbed me…The PFAL book I was carrying [rather hurriedly back to the library because it was overdue] did NOT cast a reflection in that mirror! And in the alleyway reverberated the pitiful wailings of a drunk rustling through the dumpster – I can still hear his off-key song “A hundred hours of class on the floor…a hundred hours of class…”

…Today as I went about my work – like a bolt out of the blue – I remembered a weird dream from last night. I saw a downtrodden city – ruled by a Sick Czar! Rising up out of the populace was a giant of a man – his hand outstretched towards me – pleading “Come over here and whelp us.” And on his forehead were…letters and a number…no – more precisely – a name, a letter and a number. Let he that interprets dreams [except for that new guy in doctrinal] understand the meaning of the name, the letter and the number – for they mean what they say and they say what they mean…or they’re mean when they say whatever – I mean…and they are L a rryP2.

…Sorry I doubted you, Tom. After all this bar and Czar business I read this thread. It’s a riot! Thanks for bringing it back up!

Hey! Didn't VPW talk about teaching the trees.....?

Uncle Harry did.

He said that when vpw was in the forest neglecting his chores, he (UH) didn't

see him, but he knew vpw was preaching to the trees.

Of course, he just KNEW this without ever SEEING it himself.

On the other hand,

Billy Graham WAS seen practing by preaching to trees.

""He transferred in January of 1937 to Florida Bible Institute (now Trinity College) from which he graduated in 1940 with a bachelor of theology degree.

Graham's mother and younger brother Melvin had gone to visit him there and found him talking to the trees, Melvin Graham said.

"When we arrived, someone at the Bible Institute told us Billy was out in the woods practicing his preaching," he said. "We walked out into the woods and there he was doing an altar call to the trees." "

Uncle Harry did.

He said that when vpw was in the forest neglecting his chores, he (UH) didn't

see him, but he knew vpw was preaching to the trees.

Of course, he just KNEW this without ever SEEING it himself.

Docvic shoulda preached to the rows of corn.

They had both ears to hear, and husks to shuck.

:( :unsure: :(