GreaseSpot Cafe

POLL: Are you interested in any more VPW teachings?

Zixar

Belle: I think you need to go back to page one of this thread and re-read it in it's etirety, and read it this time while imagining what the voices of the posters sound like. Until you've done that I don't think you can properly receive and release, let alone retain.

Edited by Tom Strange

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, seeing as how I'm in my second childhood and continually forgetting to remember (or is that unremember?) the 100 hours of lost vee pee teachings, 70 of which LarryP rescued from the cutting room floor, I'm not sure I have time to re-read and address all the comments on here. In fact, I don't really even have time to comment on your comment that I should receive, retain and release the first page of posts on this thread.

I'm still scarred from the first appearing of this thread because of Cynic's mind picture of Sudo as a "sh!t-kicking lesbian body builder." Between that and the images of him "pole dancing" at Weenie Roasts, I think I shall never be able to retain anything again in my life.

Belle: I only have time to address one of the points you brought up (the rest I'll ignore)...

You mention "the first page of posts on this thread", can't you read what's written without twisting my words? I said to "go back to page one of this thread and re-read it in it's entirety" which implies re-reading the thread in it's entirety... not just page one.

I really can't help you at all with the vision of Sudo as a "sh!t-kicking lesbian body builder"... that one kind of gives me the heebie jeebies as well...

Tom, much as I'd like to entertain your idea that I might be twisting your words, I just don't have the time right now so I'm going to ignore it.

I'm hoping against hope that LarryP has uncovered new unremembered lost teachings that will show Sudo is not really a sh!t-kicking lesbian body builder. Maybe it's in the tapes Fortunateone says he has, but it appears he is too busy doing the Time Warp to listen to them for us. Doesn't he know that the Time Warp was covered on two other threads in the Open section? Is that violation of the OLGs doctrine? How long till DMiller posts on here thinking it's a new, fresh thread? Will he bring new light to the poll? Will he remove any remaining hanging chads?

I'd love to know the answers to these questions, but you know I'll forget them as soon as they're posted if I even have time to read them since I'm so busy. I don't even have time to be posting this, much less re-reading the thread in it's entirety, but not because you told me to!

Ah HA!!! You've seen Borat, yet you haven't given your opinion in the Gallery/Reading Room place?

That shows us where your heart is.

As for telling this message again...reminds me of a song. Like to hear it? Here it goes...

Tell it again, for someone needs it

Tell it again

Tell it again, till someone heeds it

Tell it again

There's no other story to bring men to glory

So tell it, and tell it, and tell it again.

I love to tell the story 'tis pleasant to repeat

What seems, each time I tell it, more wonderfully sweet.

I love to tell the story, for some have never heard

The hidden message from PFAL's own holy Word.

I love to tell the story, for those who know it best

Seem hungering and thirsting to hear me like the rest.

And when, in scenes of glory, I sing the new, hidden song,

’Twill be the old, old codger that I have loved so long.

Tom it's funny you bring this back up. Just last night on the way home from work, I was listening to some music on my Ipod and kept switching and switching and then switched to one of VPW's teachings that Mike sent me on CD several months ago. It was quite good.

I have a whole bunch of cassette tapes from "those good old days of TWI" of VP and others that I'd like to put on the computer, then transfer to my ipod. I understand there may exist an instrument to do this.

Thanks Tom. :)

What did one cannibal say to another when he saw that he got sick from eating a Clown?

Tom it's funny you bring this back up...

That's how I feel when you mention this stuff.

Honestly?

I feel like I've said all I've needed to say about The Way International. It occupied a few years of my life, a decade if you count splinter groups. I plan to be around for a long time yet, and TWI is becoming more and more of a fading memory for me.

I hang around here because I like you guys. But I know nothing of the current regime, nor do I care to, except maybe that I owe V.P. J. R*pp a few bucks for scratching his door while moving furniture back in 1988. Hey Johnny, bill me.

I'm so not interested in ever hearing vpw's voice again. I can finally confess that his teachings bored me and that every time he said "mah peeeee-pul" I wanted to scream.

there, it's out!!! whew.

the requirement of sitting through pfal ad nauseum was almost more than I could bear but I could never figure out how to get out of it short of leaving, which I could *not* do. pfal bored me the first time I took it except for a few brief minutes of excitement here and there when he taught some meat. at the end of it, I calculated that he could have taught it in one session if he hadn't repeated himself so much. I won't ever put myself through that torture again.

I actually still like the repetition.

Just one example:

"It's Christ in You, the Hope of Glory"...

I think it builds believing, and is comforting.

Was listening to the ipod again this morning, this time another of Wierwilles "oldies but goodies" called "Christ Formed In You".

It was excellent. I'm happy to make a CD of these teachings avaaaaaaaaaaaailable for anyone who wants to download it to their Ipod. PM me if interested.

A thought that crossed my mind while listening, that one may just sit and relax and enjoy these inspirational teachings and benefit from the truths communicated therein... having love and appreciation for God, Jesus Christ, and the bible ... without being involved with twi or a religious order. I have no desire to go back or to be involved in any religious group, yet may still enjoy hearing these comforting truths from the bible.