GreaseSpot Cafe

Way myths

takemethere

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I remember the story about the phone booth icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

There was also a story about how veepee traveled from camp Gunnison to Denver in 5 minutes! There was a major snowstorm (another snowstorm story icon_wink.gif;)-->...and of course the mog had to get to Denver to teach. Naturally, an angel showed up and whisked vic away (not exactly sure about the method of travel but I vaguely recall something about "he was transported!").

I find it a great source of amusement thinking about these things. When I realize that I actually believed these stories, I laugh so hard that I scare my dogs.

Any one else remember LCM ranting a warning that those who left TWI would lose all their eternal rewards and after a stern session in the "Principals Office" be handed a broom because thats all they would be fit for?

Of couse that kinda sounds like a typical day for in residence corpse from the mid 80's on!

Is that heaven or hell? icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
I find it a great source of amusement thinking about these things. When I realize that I actually believed these stories, I laugh so hard that I scare my dogs.

Uncle H -- exactly! What did they take us for? A bunch of idiots? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Oh -- wait a minute! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I resemble that remark. icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(-->

Yeah, the Elvis story is true. I believe that it was during the ROA that Elvis died and a certain rev. told me that veepee had declared that satan chose the time of Stevie Kays first solo album to kill Elvis because there had been talk about "reaching" out into the secular realm with her album. I guess because there was a sudden demand for Elvis records, the record company that was going to produce Stevie Kays album backed out of the deal in order to make more Elvis records. It's amazing how those stories used to spread.

Not to derail this or anything but...

Most of these TWI "err-ban legends" came about in what we x-TWI-ers call TWI One. Not too many of them were from the TWI TWO (post-fog years). Some of these stories are pretty "out there" but anyone consider there might be some truth to them?

POINT: I think God may have actually worked in the ministry at one time - that is, until some heavy-handed twerp from OK got his hands on it.

==========================================

Back to the thread...

I know several people who claim to have had their 20/20 vision restored at ROA while in the House of His Healing Presence. (I believe a couple of them.)

(The twerp from OK tore it down around 1997!)

One I had forgotten:

We had a way big shot come to town (don't remember who) who claimed that he had driven all the way from New Knoxville to Greenville, NC on half a tank of gas. That's about 700 miles. Darn good mileage.

Being the sceptic that I am, I never believed this for a second, but most of the others accepted it as the gospel. Weird.

Chas,

I believe that some great things happened in twi in the early days, but I believe it was the healing kind of things that touched people individually. I don't believe the hooey about getting to Denver in 5 minutes or about people being born of the wrong seed and negative things like that.

I also believe that most of the miracles that people experienced were far removed from the root and the top leadership.

I think part of the reason all the urbane legends came from twi I is because there were enough amazing and "true" stories that it fueled the fire for the exaggerated or just plain fake stories.

I think twi was phoney from it's inception to the present day. If God healed anybody in twi, He probably healed them in the same proportion that He heals people who work for Burger King.

I knew a certain twi rev. who got "healed" at the rock of ages and refused any medical attention after that. His funeral was held a few months later.

Does anyone remember the farmer that spoke at corpse week around 83 or so? He had quite a tale of silos filling up right in front of him and I think maybe a rain miracle as well. Maybe true, but..............??????????

In the fall of 1992 the WOWs I knew reportedly healed a guy who was coming to their twig of AIDS, and of his homosexuality. I never met the guy - but the WOW coordinator (Interium Corps girl) and her WOW sister took me out one night and witnessed to me specifically about the situation. I was VERY new to the whole TWI thing - so of course wondered outloud why it was not in the news. They said they did not want to risk the media attention swaying his believing - so they were keeping it quiet. This guy soon stopped coming to TWIG - I never actually met him. Wouldn't you think he would stick around if someone had helped heal him of AIDS??? Again, in my naive about all things TWI state, I asked the corps girl about this - and she said he had "gone back to his homo ways like a dog to vomit" so they thought it was best that he not corrupt the household. I asked if he remained AIDS free, and she said indeed he was - but probably wouldn't be for long.

His "girlfriend" and later ex-girlfriend however continued to go to TWIG, and took PFAL with me in the spring of 1993. At one point during a break in the class she witnessed about his healing, and showed a photocopy of a negative test result. Unfortunately, it was rumored that she did not manifest at the end of the class - and I don't remember her being around much after that.

I remember trying to drown out the skeptical voice in my head regarding the whole story - but kept coming back to the idea that someone actually healed of AIDS by complete strangers would just leave them in the dust!!!