GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW - A Patton Wanna-be?

JustThinking

This thread is a follow-on to the one Hills Bro started on "Was your nametag really indicative of your faithfulness to God?"

Point 1. VPW seemed to love the idea of military concepts and military discipline. (Except in his own life) Or at least talking about it.

Point 2. Many years ago, I heard a tape of him teaching about the Way Corps and how the Marines were supposed to have inspired him to do it. (Vague memories here) Typical of his wanna-be attitude, he was never actually in the Marine Corps. Guess he watched some movies and that was good enough.

Point 3. He seemed to use many military analogies such as that stupid "the suggestion of a general is tantamount to an order." I wonder if generals really can manage thousands of people if they're really that careless with their words? (Said as he rolls his eyes)

Do you think nametags were his way of putting "stripes" on people like the Army? It seems like he had delusions of being a spiritual Patton. Kind of like the arm chair generals or quarterbacks who never had the guts to play or fight. They just like to pretend.

JT

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT,

I concur with what you're saying, but I think you may have the wrong army. There was more to VP's German heritage than just brats after SNS.

I'm really not trying to exaggerate or be overly dramatic, but I think VP was more patterning himself after Hitler.

The empassioned calls to service, the ribbons, the pomp and ceremony. Even at the time I thought that the W.O.W. "pinning" event was reminiscent of a Hitler Youth Rally.

Yeah, and the idea that "the suggestion of a Man of God is tantamount to a command" is a really cool concept for a pompous, self-important, demi-god.

I also remember Mr. Wierwille's explanation of why he didn't serve in WWII. Something about a heart-wrenching decision that eventually resulted in him concluding that he could better serve by staying stateside and writing tepid religious tracts about victory. Yeah, how selfless of him...

from

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...toholocaustin42

"The firsthand account from a translator, said Hitler gobbled candy-colored pills and raved for a half-hour "in a fit of frenzy" with "foam on his lips," questioning whether "the German people are worthy of my great ideas."

"I don't know why I didn't go over to the Allies there and then," said the translator, Eugen Dollmann, in a conversation after his capture in 1945."

I agree wholeheartedly with the Invisible Dan...Mr. Wierwille was more patterned after Hitler than anyone else I can think of. Remember how he pushed "The myth of the six million" and other fascist writings? I heard him say that Hitler had some "pretty good ideas" and "people didn't appreciate his leadership qualities from a historical perspective". Veepee loved the military analogies...that's one of the reasons that he was so upset at lcm's AOS. teachings. Martindale replaced the military comparisons with athletic terms. Old Vic never passed up an opprotunity to have military wafers dress up in full uniform for him and even salute him!!! He loved all the flag waving pomp...I'm surprised he didn't make the corps goosestep.

quote:
Originally posted by UncleHairy:

I agree wholeheartedly with the Invisible Dan...Mr. Wierwille was more patterned after Hitler than anyone else I can think of. Remember how he pushed "The myth of the six million" and other fascist writings?

On the internet, it's common to hear analogies and comparisons to Hitler. This would make such a claim easy to ignore, if vpw hadn't pushed "Myth of the Six Million" and didn't have a history of pushing a political agenda of his own. Does anyone know the name of any other fascism book he promoted?

I heard him say that Hitler had some "pretty good ideas" and "people didn't appreciate his leadership qualities from a historical perspective". Veepee loved the military analogies...that's one of the reasons that he was so upset at lcm's AOS. teachings. Martindale replaced the military comparisons with athletic terms.

Well, that answers a nagging question. We knew vpw wasn't anti-lcm's decisions because of lack of adherence to godly doctrine, but lack of reverence to vpw at the end. We also knew he was AGAINST AOS but we never heard WHY. NOW it makes a lot of sense. vpw was a military/political wannabe, lcm was an athletic wannabe. Both rewrote things to fit their favourite paradigms, mangling them in the process.

Old Vic never passed up an opprotunity to have military wafers dress up in full uniform for him and even salute him!!! He loved all the flag waving pomp...I'm surprised he didn't make the corps goosestep.

I'm not completely sure that wasn't simply more of his love of adulation and having people fawn over him 24/7 as much as a military thing...except he admired how the military commanded loyalty without questioning.

when we were in the crack troops program, we sang a song to herr commandant

remember white christmas movie ? "we'll follow the old man...." well we sang, "we'll follow the man of god wherever he wants to go...." ha ha !!!

why, ol' veepee stood up and said, "SHUT UP AND STOP STOP THAT RIGHT NOW" !!!!!!

nah just kidding he loved it....i think us kids made him cry....

because we love him we love him

especially when he keeps us on the ball

quote:
I agree wholeheartedly with the Invisible Dan...Mr. Wierwille was more patterned after Hitler than anyone else I can think of. Remember how he pushed "The myth of the six million" and other fascist writings? I heard him say that Hitler had some "pretty good ideas" and "people didn't appreciate his leadership qualities from a historical perspective".
I think you're engaging in a form of German-bashing here. You're comparing Dr Wierwille to Hitler. Wierwille wasn't a military man bent on removing/destroying the Jewish population. You're comparing a Christian minister with perhaps the most diabolical figure of the 20th Century. Shame shame shame on you. (pointing index finger up and down at you.)

quote:
yeah OM... they were both egomaniacal tyrants, but that's where the comparison ends I think... Hitler didn't go around sexually abusing women...
Tom, you're comparing sex with murder?

Where the heck is your head at, man?

quote:
Where the heck is your head at, man?
Last time I looked... on top of my shoulders!

And I'm not comparing sex with murder... just that they were both dispicable human beings...

des·pi·ca·ble [ di sp?b’l ]

adjective

worthy of contempt: fully deserving of contempt

quote:
Originally posted by oldiesman:

You're comparing a Christian minister with perhaps the most diabolical figure of the 20th Century. Shame shame shame on you. (pointing index finger up and down at you.)

A "Christian minister"?

lol!

Genuine "Christian ministers" generally don't shear their flock in the manner of that dirty old bastard.

Caution:

Massive redirection taking place. Argue about Hitler, call this German-bashing, anything. Just don't give a direct answer to the question.

Now back to the topic...

Did VPW try to incorporate military-type allegiance into a supposedly Christian organization? My feel is YES! Even the name "Way Corps" sounds military. From my dictionary:

Corps:

A separate branch or department of the armed forces having a specialized function.

A tactical unit of ground combat forces between a division and an army commanded by a lieutenant general and composed of two or more divisions and auxiliary service troops.

Sounds like the army to me. Wear name tags, special insignias, etc. And the corps corresponds to the "big" devil spirits which were compared to what? Class? Generals! Yes, the corps were God's commanding generals "on the field." (Another military term) Guess that makes him the Supreme Commander?

JT

quote:
Kind of like the arm chair generals or quarterbacks who never had the guts to play or fight. They just like to pretend.

I guess that would be true if Dr. Wierwille were asking the corps to take up arms to go to war. Sort of like President Bush asking folks to go to Iraq on the front lines, when he himself never served in that capacity? But how does that compare to Wierwille? Did he ask Way Corps folks to do anything he didn't do? He studied, witnessed, taught, stayed faithful to the word... seems to me the comparison doesn't quite fit ...

OM Quote

"I guess that would be true if Dr. Wierwille were asking the corps to take up arms to go to war. Sort of like President Bush asking folks to go to Iraq on the front lines, when he himself never served in that capacity? But how does that compare to Wierwille?"

I didn't say that he thought he was literally a military general. Only that he loved the obedience and adulation that generals get. He was not a general.

"Did he ask Way Corps folks to do anything he didn't do?" He studied, witnessed, taught, stayed faithful to the word..."

Off-topic redirection.

JT

Yes, I will agree OM that Dr. VPWWOW was faithful - faithful to his self-serving appitite, whatever it was, bible, women, huntin' gawgs, etc. Did he study the bible?? Maybe. Iknow he READ it, because he read it to me and many others. But doncha see it? I can be faithful to do many things, read/study, witness, and so on, and STILL not REALLY be doing The Will Of God (with capitals) FROM THE HEART. Did VPW at one time do what he THOUGHT was God's Will from his heart?? Again, maybe. I even tend to think so. But when he was out there with ole' bathsheba, he was no more doin' The Will Of God (with capitals) than a barrell of monkeys. Come on now, no vast quantities of faithfulness is overly impressive to the true God. Holy Shiite, I could be VERY faithful to running a fellowship and "heppin' mahself to the fixins', His trusting female children, but I wouldn't expect any rewards for the seed sowing ceremonies, the use of the rod-o-God undersheparding techniques, know what I mean ??

Why is this so hard for you to believe, that a man's life and activities could be so divergent from other "lives" and activities of his life for so many years? There MIGHT even be a medical term for those who exhibit such behavior. Evil communications corrupt good manners ...

It was my best friend to whom VP informed her "Hitler had the right idea" about the jews - i.e., get rid of them. She was stunned.

VP was a white supremist. He was a member of the Liberty Lobby. The Liberty Lobby is a front in Washington D.C. for America's white supremicst, conspiracy groups. He got their newsletter, the Spotlight, and called into their "hotlines."

Where do you think all of VP's inside info on the illuminati, Trilateral Commission, Rothschild banking, Council of Foreign Affairs - all the "secret" conspiracy stuff VP shared at the advanced class came from? Right from the Liberty Lobby.

I still have my "Secret Constitution" he passed out to all of us 7th corps. On the inside of the back page is a form to subscribe to the Spotlight, which is their magazine.

Remember in '76 we saved the country from a crisis? He was listening to the hotline.

Remember he had the "inside" info on the Jim Jones Koolaid suicide - that it was really a CIA plot - that too came from his hotline.

Remember when Bob Richardson, the olympic champion and Wheatie box star came and spent and afternoon and talked to the WC at corps week? Normally if someone well known went to fellowship, we were all made aware. Here comes this famous guy out of the blue to talk. Well, Bob was the Populist Party candidate for US president that year (the Populist Party is the Liberty Lobby's party). Kind of bold having the white supremist candidate come talk to us. He had to have some pull, or financial clout to get Bob out into a cornfield.

Have you ever seen the outline of Hitler's Nazi Youth program - how to train the young master race? I have. The WC was incredibly similar.

VP would have made a wonderful, loyal nazi, had he lived in another place and time.

From the Public Eye on Liberty Lobby:

Founded by Willis Carto:

Spotlight Newspaper (Now Defunct - replaced by American Free Press under different management)

"brought to you by the former staff of The Spotlight, who are now the publishers."

http://www.americanfreepress.net/About_Us/about_us.html

Institute for Historical Review (Carto lost control in lawsuit - continues under different management)

Journal of Historical Review (Carto lost control in lawsuit - continues under different management)

For more background information see: Chip Berlet & Matthew N. Lyons, (2000), Right-Wing Populism in America: Too Close for Comfort, (New York: Guilford).

"The Former Liberty Lobby Network

In his history of the Liberty Lobby, Mintz argues the group reflects three facets of nativism: racism, conspiracism, and monoculturalism.

The John Birch Society trumpets jingoistic patriotism laced with conspiracist allegations that trace back to Robison's book alleging a Illuminati/Freemason conspiracy. Liberty Lobby relies on historic antisemitic sources echoing the Protocols. While still controlled by Liberty Lobby's Carto, Noontide Press reprinted classics by conspiracist antisemites such as Nesta Webster and John Beaty.

According to Mintz, Liberty Lobby clearly voices "racist and anti-Semitic beliefs in addition to conspiracism."

One more thing...

"Dr." VPW was not fit to be a twig leader. Do you believe the bible, OM?? Something about not

being overlords with God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock??

Would you trust him, in private, on a trip maybe, with YOUR WIFE?? If you would, you are a foolish man who doesn't use the "prudence" He gave us.

He was puffed up, full of himself. Knowledge puffeth up. Yes, he did have a huge amount of knowledge, but so should we when we reach the age he was when we listened to him. And we also should have the tools to manipulate as he did. But maybe some of us would not use those tools to the same end, maybe some of us have a bit more godly conscience ...