GreaseSpot Cafe

Is the Ministry Perfect?

wonder1

Too weird, ckeer. Reminds me of when people would ask you how you were, and I'd say "Great!" even if I wasn't. Didn't want to confess a negative, ya know...

Now, they just say, "It's so wonderful to be in the household, all these miracles, all these blessings," when it isn't, and there aren't. Unless you count getting a parking space at the grocery store as a "blessing."

I agree, it's all just busy-work, intended to keep the believers so focused about their own lives that they don't have time or permission to question what goes on at HQ. AND I think the MOG's made up stuff to justify their sin to THEMSELVES.

After all, Wierwille and Martindale were CONVINCED they were entitled.

Regards,

Shaz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by ckeer:

I do see the irony now, in fact when I learned of LCM's sexual escapades and VPW's, I initally felt saddened but also relieved because I recognized that the house hold cleansing was a byproduct of the spiritual filth in LCM's life.

This was too good a line to let slip by us, ckeer,

so I made it stand out.

Wonder1:

Here are some things consider:

1. The Way has not apologized for wrongs it knows were done to people during lcm's reign. My only hunch on this is because they don't want to set themselves up for lawsuits as a result of it.

2. Some leadership in twi is still practicing control over people and their personal lives. This is one reason I left. I left December 2002. So that means that even though lcm was long gone (or is he???), leaders are still practicing the bad habits they learned from him.

3. They still teach that you leave God's protection if you leave twi. That is the biggest lie ever told. It keeps people in fear. That is wrong.

I think it is wrong to downsize twi's wrongs. They hurt a lot of people and families and haven't apologized or made it right. They put the pefection label on themselves anyway.

twi: "We serve God's Word on a silver platter." WRONG!!!! twi's leadership is served on a silver platter.

twi: "Nobody teaches the Word like twi." WRONG!!! Go to any churches laterly? I hear lots of truth in church.

Wonder1, welcome.

No, no church/religion/ministry is perfect. Unlike twi, any group that truly has the word of God at heart will admit that a wrong was done. No leaders#!t in twi will do that at gunpoint; they will twist it & make it look like YOU messed up, point out where you "blew it", & generally make you feel like you're scum of the earth.

Twi has also contradicted what the word of God teaches. One area is marriage. Twi has gone into double overtime turning spouse against spouse in the guise of protecting/cleaning the household, even to the point of "suggesting" divorces, yet offering no support to those going through the trauma this brings up (hell, they would even declare them spiritually weak or some other twiterm and throw them out).

Been there, sucessfully fought just as hard to save my marriage.

Take some time & go through the Spot archives. YOU determine what's what.

Finally, try this; If you're still in , tell your leaders#!t that you're reading/posting here at the Spot. See what happens.

Again, welcome.

The more I read, the more I am glad that I left when I did.

I wonder when LCM last had to clean a house or repair anything. I wonder when he last felt and acted like a human being.

Reading ckeer's post I actually started to feel very ANGRY at the way leadership treated him and his wife.

There was no prevailing Word - just power exercise by prevailing TURDS!

quote:
Now, they just say, "It's so wonderful to be in the household, all these miracles, all these blessings,"

Self Fulfilling prophecy--If you boot all the sick, the overweight, the depressed, etc then you can show how healthy and perfect the ministry is--no doubts-everyone healthy-everyone in agreement.........

No oher church would even consider making these claims

Lorna- some one else wondered if he was a drive by poster. If you look up his posts, It makes me wonder if he was one too. Given the topics he started it almost looks like he was on a fishing expedition, he got what he was looking for and moved on. I wonder if he was from TWIM?

I wish him well.

Ckeer,

Just read your post bro... I'm so sorry for your loss and the abuse you experianced. No human being should be alinated in a time of crisis or phisical or emotional deress. What you had happened to you was extremly abusive.

I'm glad you spoke your truth here. The GS family is like no other and will support and HEAR you. The energy of Christ is present here, enjoy abeyance. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Templelady,

I think you've nailed it. Anyone with "weakness" got shoved out in the 90s. Hadn't thought of it that way but you are correct. It certaily makes life easier when you just

whack people with problems. No muss, no fuss. Great example of the APPEARANCE of Godliness being much more important that the hard work of producing or living it.

Shaz,

When LCM taught on the "Prevailing Land" or "Prevailing Word in some land" or what ever he called it, he compared Israel to the Word. He said in Joshua's time, the land had rightfully belonged to Israel and had to be taken back. In our time, the Word had been stolen by the adversary and had to be taken back. But did he mean in general or in our own minds? Either way, weren't we doing that before the Amazing Bridge to The Promised Way of Holiness of The Way Bridge to The Land of Promise that Prevails in the Household of The Way?

I asked my LC and he drew a blank. No clue. Guess he hadn't gotten his "Corps brief on how to respond to annoying questions" yet. The whole idea wasn't even mentioned after about a year or so. Just another dumb idea that had no substance. Rather than admit it meant nothing, they just let it fade away and disappear.

JT